Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones likely to Det
(03-09-2016, 11:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think any of these players would be considered upgrades.

Wallace = jones (jones has age on his side so I will give you that,  I would imagine you could get Wallace at 3-4/yr)

Any of those veterans >/= sanu. Whatever sanu is going to get paid will be 3x the amount of those guys and he is nothing more than a possession 50 catch guy.  If he ends up in NE I'm not sure how he is any different than amendola or Edelman except slower
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't get past the issues in Miami and failure in Minny. Coyle worked with him, so if he's not on the radar that'll probably be why. Between Coyle and Zimmers recommendations. I think Wallace is done, and would be hard for me to consider an upgrade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Wallace = jones (jones has age on his side so I will give you that,  I would imagine you could get Wallace at 3-4/yr)

Any of those veterans >/= sanu. Whatever sanu is going to get paid will be 3x the amount of those guys and he is nothing more than a possession 50 catch guy.  If he ends up in NE I'm not sure how he is any different than amendola or Edelman except slower

NE loves them some Rutgers players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: NE loves them some Rutgers players.

Yep. Tyler Kroft is already looking at houses near Boston.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: I can't get past the issues in Miami and failure in Minny. Coyle worked with him, so if he's not on the radar that'll probably be why. Between Coyle and Zimmers bad recommendations. I think Wallace is done, and would be hard for me to consider an upgrade.

Ehhh he still stretches the defense vertically and will be playing with the best collection of talent since Pitt- where he thrived in that role.  I would love to see him as our #2 at this point.  We couldn't do much better.... He could still help for the next 3 years while our window is clearly open.

Better than Tate, or rolling with one of those other vets as our #2 (but would be good as a 3 possession slot guy)
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/report-marvin-jones-will-sign-with-lions/

Thank goodness we don't play in free agency. We use our money to sign our own.

Looks like a WR in the draft. I say corey coleman
Reply/Quote
Not surprised in the least. Kudos to him. You can't win playoff games with "me" guys. It seems he would rather make more money and catch a few more balls than go to the playoffs. This team doesn't need all of these "me" guys to be successful. I won't be surprised if we loose a couple of more and good riddance.
Adam Jones owes whats left of his career to Cincy for taking a chance on him and helping him to save it. These other guys coming off of rookie contracts always think the grass is greener.
I prefer the team to have players that want to be on this "team" in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:57 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/report-marvin-jones-will-sign-with-lions/

Thank goodness we don't play in free agency. We use our money to sign our own.

Looks like a WR in the draft. I say corey coleman

Well lets see what the contract looks like... I am guessing Lions will overpay for a #2 WR off our team to be a Co #1 on their team.

We are not going to be able to sign all our players so losing Jones is not a surprise or fault of front office.
Reply/Quote
Not a huge fan of Wallace. Wasn't he sort of a cancer in the lockerroom?
Reply/Quote
Said to be around 8 mil a year
Reply/Quote
Saying about $8 Mil/year. That's way overpaid imo. We were already giving AJ $15 Mil/year. Can't have that much money invested into one position group. At least that lets us focus on resigning our secondary now.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well lets see what the contract looks like... I am guessing Lions will overpay for a #2 WR off our team to be a Co #1 on their team.

We are not going to be able to sign all our players so losing Jones is not a surprise or fault of front office.

Except for the fact that signing Jones and Iloka were supposedly the priorities for the team.  Assuming the deal is $8 million per year as the article suggests, that is not outrageous.  Tate signed for $6 million per year as a number two, and that was two years ago.
Reply/Quote
Oh but we aren't done losing players today. Too soon to comment on draft and there are many FA options at WR. Don't laugh

yet

Reply/Quote
I have no problem letting him walk at that price
Reply/Quote
He'll be back. Lions will cut him within 2 years.
Reply/Quote
I won't crap on them for letting Marvin go at 8m per. I think he's the one that's making a huge mistake going to Detroit with the expectations of a number 1. We'll learn a lot about him next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Except for the fact that signing Jones and Iloka were supposedly the priorities for the team.  Assuming the deal is $8 million per year as the article suggests, that is not outrageous.  Tate signed for $6 million per year as a number two, and that was two years ago.

8 million a year is outrageous for jones. I'm glad they didn't over pay for him. He's very replaceable. He's a good player but not 8 million a year good
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good for him, no way bengals should compete with that deal. Won't be shocked to see him on the market again in a year or two though.
Reply/Quote
This makes me happy. I can go back to typing just Marvin and MJ when talking about bengals without causing any confusion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Apparently it was a stressful decision for him but he ultimately chose the Lions over the Bengals.

I think he did it because he may get much more targets their in Detroit.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote