Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones refuses Cincinnati media call.
He probably is trying to prevent from being dragged into the Cincinnati drama and i don’t blame him. In fact, I admire his silence. This door closed behind him and a new one opened. There’s no need for him to have an interview and agree or disagree with anything Benglal related. Nothing positive would come from it and he took the high road.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Id give the guy a hard time, but I totally blocked my latest ex's number.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:00 PM)Clep Wrote: Probably because he had better stats than AJ Green but didn’t make the Pro Bowl

No he doesn’t.

AJ Green:
REC 67
YDS 980
TD 8

Marvin Jones:
REC 54
YDS 970
TD 8

Reply/Quote
We can ask for a player every week, if we choose. We asked if Marvin would do the call. He refused. That's his right. Kind of lame, if you ask me, but then again I think anyone who won't speak to us is lame. :)

Also, he was offered the same money in Cincinnati as he was in Detroit - his choice was he didn't want to be a No. 2 to Green any longer. As for his issues here ... couldn't tell you. I covered him for just the 2015 season, but those who covered him for his whole career are a bit surprised at the way he cut ties the way he did. But it is what it is.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he doesn’t.

AJ Green:
REC 67
YDS 980
TD 8

Marvin Jones:
REC 54
YDS 970
TD 8

Eh, yeah, but they are alarmly close. I don’t blame him for not wanting anything to do with Cincinnati media
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yet another player many people blame the organization for not re-signing, but likely never had any real intentions of coming back anyway. I think he planned on leaving after his rookie deal. I believe it was reported Marvin wanted to be a #1 receiver elsewhere. 

Plus, after the team kept Marvin Lewis following the embarassing playoff game against Pittsburgh, I don't blame him or Sanu for bolting. 

This for sure. Nobody here will win anything until they either go to another team, or the Bengals have a regime change!

Reply/Quote
I dunno.

I think it was just...Cincinnati Bengals sports are shit right now and he probably didn't feel like answering questions about how shitty they are. I don't think this is that big of a deal.
Reply/Quote
I wish we never drafted this guy,his first year he had butter fingers and injuries ,2nd year injuries , 2015 was his only good year and he even dissapeared,idk who's fault that was though. But I did hear his wife hated Cincinnati, and I still believe to this day that is why he left and he doesn't really care for the team who drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he doesn’t.

AJ Green:
REC 67
YDS 980
TD 8

Marvin Jones:
REC 54
YDS 970
TD 8

Technically he does, he only has 54 receptions and 970 yards while AJ has 67 receptions for 980
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He probably is trying to prevent from being dragged into the Cincinnati drama and i don’t blame him. In fact, I admire his silence. This door closed behind him and a new one opened. There’s no need for him to have an interview and agree or disagree with anything Benglal related. Nothing positive would come from it and he took the high road.

This.  Sometimes fans just forget that this is a business to these guys. The Bengals don't mean any more to him than any other team, yet the media would most likely try to approach it differently.  Who needs that aggravation? Good for him.
Reply/Quote
Smart move by Jones to decline comment.

Also smart move by him to get out of dodge.

AJ Green and Geno will be the next ones to go when their second contracts are up. For their sake I hope they both leave.

Excellent players do not deserve to be shackled to an organization that is not committed to excellence.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 09:13 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I wish we never drafted this guy,his first year he had butter fingers and injuries ,2nd year injuries , 2015 was his only good year and he even dissapeared,idk who's fault that was though.  But I did hear his wife hated Cincinnati, and I still believe to this day that is why he left and he doesn't really care for the team who drafted him.

Tyler Boyd has been sooooo much better.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:00 PM)Clep Wrote: Probably because he had better stats than AJ Green but didn’t make the Pro Bowl

AJ should concede his Pro Bowl spot to Marv Jones. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 09:13 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I wish we never drafted this guy,his first year he had butter fingers and injuries ,2nd year injuries , 2015 was his only good year and he even dissapeared,idk who's fault that was though. But I did hear his wife hated Cincinnati, and I still believe to this day that is why he left and he doesn't really care for the team who drafted him.

She didn’t like Cincy but Detroit is better? Ok...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 03:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: She didn’t like Cincy but Detroit is better? Ok...

Yeah don't make much sense,but there was some fans that overheard her and his other family talking that he needed to get the heck out of cincy.thats what I heard and I just believe it. 
Reply/Quote
He did talk about his time in Cincinnati by the way. Spent a whole day talking about. To Detroit media. Yes, we would have asked him if he's surprised by what's happened here, but he was asked that by the Detroit media. He just chose not to talk to us. He actually did that at the Super Bowl after the 2015 season, almost literally running away from Paul Dehner Jr. to get away from him. I take that one kind of way because it's my job to try and get guys to talk, but if you're curious about his thoughts on the Bengals he did offer them up in Detroit.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yet another player many people blame the organization for not re-signing, but likely never had any real intentions of coming back anyway. I think he planned on leaving after his rookie deal. I believe it was reported Marvin wanted to be a #1 receiver elsewhere. 

Plus, after the team kept Marvin Lewis following the embarassing playoff game against Pittsburgh, I don't blame him or Sanu for bolting. 

Yeah Marvin left for that playoff Juggernaut Detroit. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, going one and out in the playoffs year after year was a drag, but at least we were still talking about the playoffs this time of year, as opposed to speculating about why a former Bengal won’t give Cincinnati media an interview.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 03:14 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah Marvin left for that playoff Juggernaut Detroit. 

True, good point. It is kind of ironic that apparently he'd rather play and live in Detroit over Cincinnati. But Detroit was a playoff team the year before he left and they seemed to be on the rise. The bengals, on the other hand , just lost their 5th consecutive playoff game in the most embarrassing meltdown in postseason NFL history... And retained their head coach. Marvin and Sanu's rookie contracts were up and they left for greener pastures. It's hard to blame either of them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 03:14 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah Marvin left for that playoff Juggernaut Detroit. 

It is pretty amusing he has played for both franchises that players have left/retired from early while stating that they just know they aren't going to win there.
Reply/Quote