Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones to the Jags
2 yrs and 14.5 with 9.2 guaranteed

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/16/22334781/marvin-jones-jaguars-news-lions-rumors-jags-nfl
Reply/Quote
Would have thrown $7.25m/yr for 2 years at Marvin Jones in a heartbeat.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would have thrown $7.25m/yr for 2 years at Marvin Jones in a heartbeat.

Yes Sir!!!
Reply/Quote
Good deal for the Jags. MLJ still has lots of upside IMO.

He is a borderline #1 WR. Maybe not a true, but he can change games with his speed, size and hands.
Reply/Quote
I thought I read recently that he wanted to go to a winner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I read recently that he wanted to go to a winner.

Maybe he's on board the Lawrence/Meyer hypetrain?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe he's on board the Lawrence/Meyer hypetrain?

Probably has more to do with almost $10 Mil guaranteed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would have thrown $7.25m/yr for 2 years at Marvin Jones in a heartbeat.

Solid deal for a guy of his caliber, but not really a need for us. At least not to the point we should drop that kinda coin on a WR.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Meh, big deal. Had the man had any interest in coming back to the Bengals, he would be on the team. IMO, he's likely very happy to be employed by a team in a State with no State Income Tax...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, big deal.  Had the man had any interest in coming back to the Bengals, he would be on the team.  IMO, he's likely very happy to be employed by a team in a State with no State Income Tax...

This definitely comes into play nowadays if you are smart.
Reply/Quote
Always been a big fan of Marvin Jones. But would not want to give big money to any 31 year old WR. They often fall off a cliff about that age. Especially a guy who whose biggest asset is speed.
Reply/Quote
Never liked Jones, especially when I heard his family wanted him out of Cincinnati. So he goes to two crappy organizations.
Reply/Quote