Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Countdown
Lets start counting the days until Marvin Lewis is gone. I say it will be Tuesday morning. So 2 more days. What is your guess?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Needs to be soon, as there will be a LOT of coaching vacancies this year....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And I know it is not the point of this thread, but I am still holding out hope for Hue Jackson. I don't care what his record was in Cleveland after they traded away all their talent for picks, and he basically has had one year with a ton of rookies. I think he was meant to be our coach. And one thing you have to agree on: despite being overmatched talent-wise...his team fights. This team has no fight.
Reply/Quote
Marvin’s fate was decided after the last playoff game against the Steelers. I think he’ll know what that fate is by January 9, 2018 which is the two year anniversary of the debacle against Pittsburgh, a game the Bengals had won until the last minute.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully around 8:30 PM EST tonight, at his post game press conference.

The search for the next head coach can then officially begin tomorrow morning
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 01:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And I know it is not the point of this thread, but I am still holding out hope for Hue Jackson.  I don't care what his record was in Cleveland after they traded away all their talent for picks, and he basically has had one year with a ton of rookies.  I think he was meant to be our coach.  And one thing you have to agree on:  despite being overmatched talent-wise...his team fights.  This team has no fight.

Hue had a deal in place to be the next head coach here. He chose to go to Cleveland instead, and I can tell you that ownership was pissed about it too. That ship has sailed, and I highly doubt Hue will be the next coach here. This team needs a re-boot with someone that has no ties to the organization.
Reply/Quote
Hue is staying in Cleveland. Jay is staying in DC. They are not coming here..... and I think they announce Monday that they are not extending Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 01:44 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Hue had a deal in place to be the next head coach here. He chose to go to Cleveland instead, and I can tell you that ownership was pissed about it too. That ship has sailed, and I highly doubt Hue will be the next coach here. This team needs a re-boot with someone that has no ties to the organization.

He did not have a contract here, he was offered a ridiculous one in Cleveland.  The Brown family are shrewd business people, you have to give them that, and they would completely understand.  It was their fault they didn't have a contract on him.  You can't keep people on promises.  Paper talks, the rest walks to Cleveland...

And I wasn't predicting it would happen.  I was saying that is what I would like to see happen...
Reply/Quote
We won’t know until all the other vacancies are filled, just like free agency. I don’t expect Brown to bring anyone new in, as frustrating as that is considering how many outside coaches will be available. I expect Simmons or Geunther to be the next coach. It will probably be more of the same, with Piano Man still coaching the o line.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m a jaded Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
Can we do this like a new years eve countdown....drop a big Bengal ball at midnight.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Can we do this like a new years eve countdown....drop a big Bengal ball at midnight.

Now this sounds promising.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I predict that he comes back.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I predict that he comes back.

Smack
Reply/Quote
His contract expires at the end of the season. Does that mean when the Bengals season ends after today or after the Super Bowl? I thought read somewhere that his contract will expire tonight at midnight, along with pretty much the rest of the staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: His contract expires at the end of the season. Does that mean when the Bengals season ends after today or after the Super Bowl? I thought read somewhere that his contract will expire tonight at midnight, along with pretty much the rest of the staff.

Fire him at 4:15 and pay out the remaining 7 hrs 45 minutes of his contract.
Reply/Quote
It will be announced that he's not being extended at noon on Monday...

December 30, 2019.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It will be announced that he's not being extended at noon on Monday..

December 30, 2019.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
His contract is up, no firing required. The team will announce that they've decided to pursue a new coach within the next few days.

/thread
Reply/Quote