Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Explains Post Season Losses
(06-17-2019, 01:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When it didnt bother ML to lose to Pittsburgh
it was time to part ways

2 14 at home lifetime vs the Steelers.
unacceptable

Exactly. Can't ever let a team in your division continue to own you without repercussions. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:26 AM)McC Wrote: His buddy had to toss him a bone with a token job in college cuz nobody in the NFL wanted anything to do with him and that's the real reason he won't be watching on Sundays. 

Lewis not being in the NFL this year is highly likely related to terms of his contract and severance.

The language used for his departure was vague. Was it a resignation or firing? Seems that Brown used the term resignation.....although we can assume he was fired.

Nonetheless; the terms of the negotiated settlement language most likely prevents him from taking an NFL job this year and maybe next.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 02:30 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Lewis not being in the NFL this year is highly likely related to terms of his contract and severance.

The language used for his departure was vague. Was it a resignation or firing? Seems that Brown used the term resignation.....although we can assume he was fired.

Nonetheless; the terms of the negotiated settlement language most likely prevents him from taking an NFL job this year and maybe next.

not to mention including the 16 years here he was in the NFL as a coach for over 30 years.....   and hes a millionaire..  Time for a break
Reply/Quote
Time to move on people. We are all big boys and girls here....
Reply/Quote
The reason for the losses was the players, like always, took a crap on the big stage. Marvin's fault? I guess it comes down to if you are a fan of him or not.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was just here too long and lost the desire and it showed. Now it's just a bunch of sour grapes. Too bad this will take away from the fact that he's been the only Bengals coach to actually take the team to the playoffs while Mike Brown has been in-charge.

Reply/Quote
It seems like Marvin is a decent coach that got burnt out. He always struggled with time management and the discipline of boneheaded players. I’ve never seen players hand a game to another team like what happened in the Steelers playoff game. It was so stupid that it felt like throwing the game. Remember Peko in his cape? I thought he would get more from his LB’a than he ever did too. I don’t despise Marvin and wish him well. Imagine the BS that we don’t know about that Marvin had to deal with from Brown, it was probably on a daily basis too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:25 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Marvin Lewis Explains Post Season Losses

The other team ended up with more points,” Lewis said.

(06-17-2019, 10:40 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Lewis said. “I’d probably spend more time watching golf on TV than football

Low score wins in Golf... Mellow
Reply/Quote
that explanation had to take all day
Reply/Quote
Oh Marvin, some folks on here just can't quit you...
Reply/Quote
Merv sounds..... tired.

And wow, the contrast between his energy and Zac Taylor's energy is palpable.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wasn't the biggest Marvin Lewis fan, but I can see why a fanbase that has had zero legit success in almost 3 decades would be bitter.  Right now hopes are high that Marvin was THE reason we failed so hard for the past 3 years and underachieved before that.  Personally, I think it's a bit shaky to just assume ZT is going to go from QB coach to being the best HC we've had in 30 years the second he puts on the headset, but that's the nature of fandom.

It's like watching a long and disappointing marriage end.  We've divorced Marvin and we are hooking up with ZT and saying "Things are going to be much better with you, because everything that went wrong before was 100% the fault of my ex!"  

What a sexy simile that is!

Well, to be fair I keep telling my 35 year old daughter I'm gonna find an 18 year old real ***** of a wife she'll have to call mommy..  
So this is Mike Brown telling us all we have to call Taylor daddy?  You know..I'm not sure I'm quite ready to take things that far.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Marv's had this stank attitude and lack of passion for at least 3 years.

A stronger Owner would have noticed and made the change instead of letting the HC who no longer cared ruin Championship windows.

Marvin is a bum, and at this point has ruined any good reputation and history he had with the Bengals.

and it took less than a couple months for him to show his true color and disdain for the team and Organization.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote