Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-08-2015, 12:08 AM)GodFather Wrote: But god forbid if you hold the head coach accountable for that! Ninja

Especially when one of us thinks we have the best coach in the entire NFL.    LMAO
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:11 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Especially when one of us thinks we have the best coach in the entire NFL.    LMAO
And everyone is wondering why Denny isn't on the boards here? He's just under a different name! LOL LOLLOL
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 12:09 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm torn.  I think that MB has trusted Marvin more than any other coach he has employed.  This has resulted in Mike giving up some of the control, which is a good thing.  It is no small task to get MB to do that, so I have to commend Marvin for that.  On the other hand, I have a feeling we're going to watch Zimmer and the Vikings go deep in the playoffs in the coming year.  Maybe we'll be there too.  But if Zimmer goes further than we do, I will feel sick about that because we could have kept him for ourselves.

I'm torn by it as well. When I see games like either Indy game or the Thursday night Cleveland game, I just want to fire ML myself.

But then I also see how the team has improved since he's arrived. Mikey B should count his blessings that ML actually said yes to coaching the Bengals cause frankly this could still be like the 90's and oh my god was that ugly.

ML has a better roster and he has a 13 years head start on Zimmer as a head coach. Zimmer will win a playoff game before his 13th year as head coach.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:14 AM)GodFather Wrote: And everyone is wondering why Denny isn't on the boards here? He's just under a different name! LOL LOLLOL

Stop it, you're killing me!   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:16 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm torn by it as well. When I see games like either Indy game or the Thursday night Cleveland game, I just want to fire ML myself.

But then I also see how the team has improved since he's arrived. Mikey B should count his blessings that ML actually said yes to coaching the Bengals cause frankly this could still be like the 90's and oh my god was that ugly.

ML has a better roster and he has a 13 years head start on Zimmer as a head coach. Zimmer will win a playoff game before his 13th year as head coach.

I don't buy the "this would/could still be the 90's " narrative. Why ? Why would it still be the 90's ? Let it go !
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 11:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've said it over and over 'fan:  either we are extremely unlucky to KEEP drafting choke artist players, or we have a coaching issue.......there can be no other alternative.  Now, which sounds more plausible? 

You forgot to add injury prone after choke artist.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
ML has frustrated me many a game now, but he's also helped this team out of dark times. If the team can get some playoff wins the resigning would be worth it. But since he is still HC I will root for him and hope he can help get the Bengals to the SB Tiger
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:46 AM)OkamiW Wrote: ML has frustrated me many a game now, but he's also helped this team out of dark times. If the team can get some playoff wins the resigning would be worth it. But since he is still HC I will root for him and hope he can help get the Bengals to the SB  Tiger

You know what?  We're all worried about getting a playoff win.  Is that really what we want?  Is a single playoff win enough at this point?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't buy the "this would/could still be the 90's " narrative. Why ? Why would it still be the 90's ? Let it go !

I couldn't agree more. It's a telling response that they almost live life in fear of change. I come to that conclusion because why is it that if we got rid of ML, it would automatically be a fateful decision? (a.k.a return to the 90's)
Reply/Quote
ALL HAIL KING MARV!!! THE ONLY GUY THAT COULD HAVE BROUGHT THE BENGALS OUT OF THE DARK AGES OF THE '90s!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:50 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You know what?  We're all worried about getting a playoff win.  Is that really what we want?  Is a single playoff win enough at this point?

But since he is still HC I will root for him and hope he can help get the Bengals to the SB Tongue A playoff win would be nice but the SB is what the goal of any NFL season is. He would have to lead the Bengals into a deep playoff run if not the SB to convince me he still has more to offer for the team.
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: I couldn't agree more. It's a telling response that they almost live life in fear of change. I come to that conclusion because why is it that if we got rid of ML, it would automatically be a fateful decision? (a.k.a return to the 90's)

I don't think it would be a return to the 90's if ML was fired. But if you go back to that time, no one wanted to work for this team, no one really wanted to coach it and no one wanted to play for it. That's all. ML deserves a large credit for changing that. I give MB little credit for anything except taking the team on a historic meteoric decline.

But, I also believe it's getting time to move on. Just torn by the improvement versus the boneheaded game preparations and in-game adjustments.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 08:58 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not necessarily a truth but for sure an assumption. It could very well be that he feels this is the best way to get to a Championship. Taking big risks is s guarantee of nothing. Not saying he is right or wrong just that you actually do not know it to be a truth if the owner feels one way or another or just accepts something one way or the other.

I'm guessing that is why our trophy case is stacked with SB - or ever Conf Championship - trophies, yes?

You're right about taking risk guarantees nothing. It does, however, show a drive and determination of achieving the pinnacle of your given profession. 

"I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed."

~Robert Schuller 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think it would be a return to the 90's if ML was fired. But if you go back to that time, no one wanted to work for this team, no one really wanted to coach it and no one wanted to play for it. That's all. ML deserves a large credit for changing that. I give MB little credit for anything except taking the team on a historic meteoric decline.

But, I also believe it's getting time to move on. Just torn by the improvement versus the boneheaded game preparations and in-game adjustments.

Chris I've posted many times on the Mother ship that I don't hate ML and in fact give him a lot of credit for being a large part of bringing us out of the dark ages. Hell I love Marv for that ! I'm sure he's a great guy.

But in the same breath my neighbor's a great guy as well. But neither can coach the Bengals to the promised land. If it isn't clear to all by now that ML doesn't have the ability to coach with the big boys in crunch time/playoffs it never will be.

Time and again our team comes out flat, unprepared, deer in the headlights, whatever you want to call it when all the chips are on the line. His prime time winning avg. is like .200 or something. He can't beat his division rival - 2 wins against the squeelers in PBS. Need I say 0-6, and it's the same playoff game over and over, wash, rinse, repeat.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chris I've posted many times on the Mother ship that I don't hate ML and in fact give him a lot of credit for being a large part of bringing us out of the dark ages. Hell I love Marv for that ! I'm sure he's a great guy.

But in the same breath my neighbor's a great guy as well. But neither can coach the Bengals to the promised land. If it isn't clear to all by now that ML doesn't have the ability to coach with the big boys in crunch time/playoffs it never will be.

Time and again our team comes out flat, unprepared, deer in the headlights, whatever you want to call it when all the chips are on the line. His prime time winning avg. is like .200 or something. He can't beat his division rival - 2 wins against the squeelers in PBS. Need I say 0-6, and it's the same playoff game over and over, wash, rinse, repeat.

Oh, I agree 100%.

Reply/Quote
To me it's pretty simple. Mike Brown is making money with the way things are, so why change them. He can say all he wants that he wants to win a Super Bowl, but to me it looks like as long he is making money, he is happy. Giggles has made him money, so keep him around another year.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chris I've posted many times on the Mother ship that I don't hate ML and in fact give him a lot of credit for being a large part of bringing us out of the dark ages. Hell I love Marv for that ! I'm sure he's a great guy.

Oh I hear ya on that. "Deer in the headlights" pretty much describes how big games unfold for this team.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 07:31 AM)Interceptor Wrote: More like transition decade.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

The winningest decade in franchise history....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote