Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Giggle?
Why do people call him "giggles"?

I haven't found anything with him giggling during an interview.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:42 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why do people call him "giggles"?

I haven't found anything with him giggling during an interview.

Is that a real question?

If so here's the problem, you have to actually watch an interview that has him in it lol Just about any one will do, but your best bet is probably post game after a win. Pretty sure I saw one from after the whole draft where he giggled a bit too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just watched the overview of the draft conference. Dude started giggling halfway through.

Reply/Quote
Calling him giggles is just low hanging fruit lol.

Yes he does laugh at times in the press conference. But he gets asked some really dumb questions at times.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 12:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Calling him giggles is just low hanging fruit lol.

Yes he does laugh at times in the press conference.   But he gets asked some really dumb questions at times.

Yeah, some of the questions are Ninja . Can't blame him for the giggles half the time.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:07 AM)Ujeremydc Wrote: Yeah, some of the questions are Ninja . Can't blame him for the giggles half the time.

Between Hobson rambling on and answering his own question and Joe reedy (when he was there) trying to be some hardcore journo like we are in New York market.    I can't blame marvin...  Dehner has been less combative but he tries to carry on the most ridiculous narratives.  His closet Pittsburgh love affair is just gross
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 12:19 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is that a real question?

If so here's the problem, you have to actually watch an interview that has him in it lol Just about any one will do, but your best bet is probably post game after a win. Pretty sure I saw one from after the whole draft where he giggled a bit too. 

He does it after losses too. Pisses me off.

Reply/Quote
His giggles at odd times make you question his emotional intelligence.
Reply/Quote
I absolutely despise his little giggle
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He does it after losses too. Pisses me off.

This... This is why they call him giggles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He does it after losses too. Pisses me off.

Right! I forgot, I stopped watching those years ago and that was why. 
Reply/Quote
Those pearly whites though.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Between Hobson rambling on and answering his own question and Joe reedy (when he was there) trying to be some hardcore journo like we are in New York market.    I can't blame marvin...  Dehner has been less combative but he tries to carry on the most ridiculous narratives.  His closet Pittsburgh love affair is just gross

Dehner's closet love affair? I have never see him mention love towards Pittsburgh.

If you want to talk about ramblings, then Lap is your man. I like the guy, but you can always tell when he's asking a question because he goes into a 5 minute narrative before asking a 3 word question.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Oh wow...

Marv has admittedly gotten his obnoxious giggling under control but go back several years... Look for interviews from 2008-2010. Mostly a very rough time for the Bengals but Marvin would giggle constantly during press conferences. Reporters would ask him serious questions regarding the team's dismal play and Marv would always obnoxiously laugh it off. It was infuriating
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner's closet love affair? I have never see him mention love towards Pittsburgh.

If you want to talk about ramblings, then Lap is your man. I like the guy, but you can always tell when he's asking a question because he goes into a 5 minute narrative before asking a 3 word question.

How about Dave right before the Billings pick? I thought the dude would never shut up Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 12:19 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is that a real question?

Are people mistaking his smiles for giggles? I'm still waiting to hear this giggle that makes you question his masculinity (no seriously, that's how people have portrayed his giggles)
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner's closet love affair? I have never see him mention love towards Pittsburgh.

I don't consider lap a real journalist.   He is a Bengal alum/fan in the booth.   

And on dehner.....    All he wants to talk about is the Pittsburgh narrative ....  It's just worn out .... He acts like its 2002 and the big bad steelers are coming to town.     Sorry I don't like the Pittsburgh fanboy added into my bengals coverage.   I keep waiting on Jim to just put an end to it 
Reply/Quote

Nothing like soaking up a loss and watching him giggle. Many times I've wanted throw beer can at the TV
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always thought Marv giggles when he's asked a question that pisses him off, which is almost any question.

It's a passive aggressive thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I see now. It sounds more like a chuckle.
Reply/Quote