Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with the Blackburns
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/23/bengals-blackburns-paul-brown-stadium-viable-several-decades/2083179002/

Takeaways- Paul Brown Stadium viable for several decades

Indoor practice facility an issue of logistics not desire. Not enough land in their current location. They would need 30 acres which would take them to the suburbs which say would move employees out of downtown. That doesn't make sense. Their 'work station" is still the team offices at PBS which would keep their paychecks and subsequent taxes in Cincinnati regardless of where they actually preformed their duties. Unless Troy is hinting if they built an indoor facility in the 'burbs they would move the team offices there.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:49 AM)pally Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/23/bengals-blackburns-paul-brown-stadium-viable-several-decades/2083179002/

Indoor practice facility an issue of logistics not desire.  Not enough land in their current location.  They would need 30 acres which would take them to the suburbs which say would move employees out of downtown.  That doesn't make sense.  Their 'work station" is still the team offices at PBS which would keep their paychecks and subsequent taxes in Cincinnati regardless of where they actually preformed their duties.  Unless Troy is hinting if they built an indoor facility in the 'burbs they would move the team offices there.

They sound a lot more level headed and inviting than Mike does.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: They sound a lot more level headed and inviting than Mike does.

I'm so praying that they can use their heads and run a real modern NFL football team.
Reply/Quote
What stuck out most to me was the comment the power infrastructure runs underneath the practice fields.

How many arguments have there been on this board or the Mother Ship where someone has stated that all they have to do is put a bubble on the fields, but MB is too cheap to do so. As we can see, it was much more complicated than that.
Reply/Quote
Things will change when Katie takes over - no one knows how except the inner circle. She may have a passion to win, who knows. Regardless, things will change as they do every time someone new takes over the lead role of any company.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Dont trust them. Mike is still the puppet master.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree, he needs to be 'gone' as in passed away or in a care home otherwise he has influence.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I just don't see PB Stadium as viable 20 years from now, 10 would be stretching it. I think the team/county made a huge mistake. not building a covered stadium when PBS was being designed/built. The team should look just slightly to the west to see what would be a viable setup in Cincy. Indianapolis is a perfect example of how to build a multi-use covered stadium in a small market midwest city. If the stadium was covered, wouldn't need a second, covered, practice field.

I wonder what the feasibility is of a retro fit in 10 years to had a dome to PBS. I'm sure it would take quite a bit of re-engineering, but could be cheaper than a complete rebuild. The Bears went this route a few years back, not converting to a dome, but a huge retrofit of Soldier Field, instead a rebuilding.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:49 AM)pally Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/23/bengals-blackburns-paul-brown-stadium-viable-several-decades/2083179002/

Indoor practice facility an issue of logistics not desire.  Not enough land in their current location.  They would need 30 acres which would take them to the suburbs which say would move employees out of downtown.  That doesn't make sense.  Their 'work station" is still the team offices at PBS which would keep their paychecks and subsequent taxes in Cincinnati regardless of where they actually preformed their duties.  Unless Troy is hinting if they built an indoor facility in the 'burbs they would move the team offices there.

It really wouldn't make sense to build, heat, maintain, etc a new building like that without moving the team offices.  You basically have to move the coach's and trainers offices there, which means most of the people that deal with player personnel would need to go there, too.  

It creates some other issues.  During TC, they house players in one of the big downtown hotels.  That becomes impractical.  It can also lead to issues if players or coaches want to stay late and study film when dealing with the team hotel curfew.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I just don't see PB Stadium as viable 20 years from now, 10 would be stretching it. I think the team/county made a huge mistake. not building a covered stadium when PBS was being designed/built.  The team should look just slightly to the west to see what would be a viable setup in Cincy. Indianapolis is a perfect example of how to build a multi-use covered stadium in a small market midwest city. If the stadium was covered, wouldn't need a second, covered, practice field.

I wonder what the feasibility is of a retro fit in 10 years to had a dome to PBS. I'm sure it would take quite a bit of re-engineering, but could be cheaper than a complete rebuild. The Bears went this route a few years back, not converting to a dome, but a huge retrofit of Soldier Field, instead a rebuilding.

....and did a helluva job with it in my opinion.  They kept a lot of the traditional facade and took the rest into the 21st century.  Looks good, I think...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sounds like they can think a few steps ahead, which is a vast improvement over Mikey boy, who largely only reacts to the stimuli put in front of him.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What stuck out most to me was the comment the power infrastructure runs underneath the practice fields.

How many arguments have there been on this board or the Mother Ship where someone has stated that all they have to do is put a bubble on the fields, but MB is too cheap to do so.  As we can see, it was much more complicated than that.

But , but, but.... miser and tightwad and all that.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I just don't see PB Stadium as viable 20 years from now, 10 would be stretching it. I think the team/county made a huge mistake. not building a covered stadium when PBS was being designed/built.  The team should look just slightly to the west to see what would be a viable setup in Cincy. Indianapolis is a perfect example of how to build a multi-use covered stadium in a small market midwest city. If the stadium was covered, wouldn't need a second, covered, practice field.

Agreed.

A covered(dome)stadium can produce year long revenue outside of Bengals games.

Why this wasn't done when also was paid by taxpayers is beyond me.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
While I knocked Katie's physical appearance at times, (none recently because it is quite childish) I always thought she did have what it takes to run a team better than her father. While I would prefer a GM who is not blood-related, Katie would be a good second option. She probably is the de facto GM anyway but is still controlled by Mikey.
Reply/Quote
This just shows that those people who like to complain the Browns are too cheap to build an indoor facility, really have no idea of what's involved. "Just put a bubble up" they say.....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This just shows that those people who like to complain the Browns are too cheap to build an indoor facility, really have no idea of what's involved. "Just put a bubble up" they say.....

True.  It's just an amusing coincidence that the cheapest NFL owner just happens to be the only one who simply couldn't build an indoor facility even if he wanted to.  Drat!
Reply/Quote