Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Number 1 failure
The biggest problem with Marvin Lewis is how he continues to make the statement that "we need to do better." He acts as if the guys on the other team are not lifting weights and collecting paychecks. Could it be that the other coach saw fitting that the "we need to do better" ship needs to sail on and decided to just out-coach the man across the field from him? Has Bellicheck ever said we need to do better?

Every time "Mr. LET'S GO" says we need to do better is like he is acknowledging the team's failures as the player's fault only along with their inability to will their way on their opponent regardless of the other coaches half time adjustments. He has always been POOR in his adjustments because he figures we should just do better the next time, why adjust anything!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he sucks.
Reply/Quote
This post needs to do better.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
"This message board has to get better" Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:03 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, he sucks.

+1  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Ah yes... "We just need to play better"... Marv's favorite catchphrase from the 07-08 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:06 PM)740Bengal Wrote: "This message board has to get better" Lol
This board has done some good things. It has to keep grinding, do its job, and clean some things up on third down...
Also... It has to limit turnovers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:01 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: The biggest problem with Marvin Lewis is how he continues to make the statement that "we need to do better." He acts as if the guys on the other team are not lifting weights and collecting paychecks. Could it be that the other coach saw fitting that the "we need to do better" ship needs to sail on and decided to just out-coach the man across the field from him? Has Bellicheck ever said we need to do better?

Every time "Mr. LET'S GO" says we need to do better is like he is acknowledging the team's failures as the player's fault only along with their inability to will their way on their opponent regardless of the other coaches half time adjustments. He has always been POOR in his adjustments because he figures we should just do better the next time, why adjust anything!

F**K Mr. "Let's GO"

What is he supposed to say publicly?  Where have you ever worked where your GM speaks overly negatively about results or the work environment?  Don't you think if he/she held a press conference, his/her statements might be different from strategy or discussions behind closed doors?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:31 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: What is he supposed to say publicly?  Where have you ever worked where your GM speaks overly negatively about results or the work environment?  Don't you think if he/she held a press conference, his/her statements might be different from strategy or discussions behind closed doors?

Well, he could say, "I think my guys are putting in a maximum effort, maybe we as coaches should look at our schemes and adjustments and try to put the players in the best position to be successful."

But, we need to do better is tired. I'm sure no one there is slacking, it jus may be the guy across from them is a little faster, stronger, and/or more prepared. Either way, there are schemes to beat a faster, stronger opponent. There are no schemes to defeat a better-prepared opponent. Hence, Marvin Lewis. 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:06 PM)740Bengal Wrote: "This message board has to get better"  Lol

This board needs to shore up the up front line play.  Quit shooting them selves in the foot with stupid penalties and putting itself in 1st and long situations.  Buckle up!  It all starts with controlling the line of scrimmage. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:01 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: The biggest problem with Marvin Lewis is how he continues to make the statement that "we need to do better." He acts as if the guys on the other team are not lifting weights and collecting paychecks. Could it be that the other coach saw fitting that the "we need to do better" ship needs to sail on and decided to just out-coach the man across the field from him? Has Bellicheck ever said we need to do better?

F**K Mr. "Let's GO"

Actually YES...It is called coach speak....  http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/10/02/new-england-patriots-postgame-transcripts-102

His opening statement form Sunday's loss... and a lot more of the same throughout the news conference...

Alright, well obviously we didn't do much of anything well enough to win today, so we've just got to do a better job, turn the page here. We think we're a better team than we showed today but we just didn't do anything well enough today. So, we'll get back to work and get ready for Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:49 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This board needs to shore up the up front line play.  Quit shooting them selves in the foot with stupid penalties and putting itself in 1st and long situations.  Buckle up!  It all starts with controlling the line of scrimmage. 

This board also needs to find more ways to score when topics reach the red zone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:31 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: What is he supposed to say publicly?  Where have you ever worked where your GM speaks overly negatively about results or the work environment?  Don't you think if he/she held a press conference, his/her statements might be different from strategy or discussions behind closed doors?

Oh yes, most definitely.  The issue is that Marvin is ass at being a Head Coach in the NFL and no matter what he says or doesn't say it won't change.  A shame.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:51 PM)740Bengal Wrote: This board also needs to find more ways to score when topics reach the red zone. 

oh, there's a few of us around here that still know how to "score".   Smirk
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: oh, there's a few of us around here that still know how to "score".   Smirk

You don't score until you score! You all saw what happened to Oz(Eifert) out there!  Lol 

*For those who didn't get it, that is an American Pie reference folks.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:51 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Actually YES...It is called coach speak....  http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/10/02/new-england-patriots-postgame-transcripts-102

His opening statement form Sunday's loss... and a lot more of the same throughout the news conference...

Alright, well obviously we didn't do much of anything well enough to win today, so we've just got to do a better job, turn the page here. We think we're a better team than we showed today but we just didn't do anything well enough today. So, we'll get back to work and get ready for Cleveland.

That guy's a champion several times over and he even cheated once or twice to make some of those happen. He can say whatever the F he pleases and it's going to be 100℅ acceptable to me.

Behind closed doors Bill's a stone cold killer and probably the greatest coach of all time. In contrast, the Charlie Brown coaching my favorite team is a giggler.
Reply/Quote
1. Marvin is one of the more successful coaches in the league. He is not an elite coach, but he is not as bad as many of you claim.

2. EVERY coach says the exact same thing.

3. Marvin DOES blame the coaches. i have heard him say it many times.

This thread is a complete fail.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Marvin is one of the more successful coaches in the league.  He is not an elite coach, but he is not as bad as many of you claim.

2.  EVERY coach says the exact same thing.

3.  Marvin DOES blame the coaches.  i have heard him say it many times.

There's no doubt that he's currently one of the most successful regular season coaches in the league.

There's also no doubt that he's the single worst postseason coach in the history of the NFL.

This is what makes it difficult to judge his success as a whole. Such extreme opposites in terms of regular season and postseason achievements. Very good at 'getting there'...completely inept (thus far) at going any farther.

I try to be fair with Marvin...giving him credit for assembling talent and putting a competitive product on the field year after year...but the playoff failure is so glaringly bad, it's impossible to gloss over or make excuses for anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There's also no doubt that he's the single worst postseason coach in the history of the NFL.

Which coach is worse, one that goes 0-1 in postseason or one that goes 0-7?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Marvin is one of the more successful coaches in the league.  He is not an elite coach, but he is not as bad as many of you claim.

2.  EVERY coach says the exact same thing.

3.  Marvin DOES blame the coaches.  i have heard him say it many times.

13 seasons.  0-7 in postseason play.  Still employed.  Humiliating a fan base nationally every year.  Oh wait I forgot, just getting there is awesome because you know....the '90s.

Marvin is the embodiment of fail as a Head Coach.
Reply/Quote