Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensatory Picks
I know we were likely in line for up to 4 compensatory picks in the 2017 draft (Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson) I will admit I don't really understand how those are actually figured. Andre Smith was just placed on IR will that impact our compensation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:29 PM)pally Wrote: I know we were likely in line for up to 4 compensatory picks in the 2017 draft (Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson)  I will admit I don't really understand how those are actually figured.  Andre Smith was just placed on IR  will that impact our compensation

Not sure how much of an impact that will have but playing time is a factor in the calculation.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:29 PM)pally Wrote: I know we were likely in line for up to 4 compensatory picks in the 2017 draft (Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson)  I will admit I don't really understand how those are actually figured.  Andre Smith was just placed on IR  will that impact our compensation

Contracts are the #1 factor followed by playing time. If we would've signed any other unrestricted free agents we would've/could've cancelled out a potential pick or two. However, the team is always worried about comp picks so they do their best to make sure we get as many as we can.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/

This is about the best site for comp pick analysis that I've found over the years. Usually pretty accurate, as the season moves on they will update the lists but the biggest factor is annual salary so this link should be very close to how they end up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
F#*k me... is it time to start talking about the draft and how "next year is our year" already? Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/

This is about the best site for comp pick analysis that I've found over the years. Usually pretty accurate, as the season moves on they will update the lists but the biggest factor is annual salary so this link should be very close to how they end up

Who doesn't love getting two 4th rounders and two 6th rounders in exchange for refusing to upgrade/help your team in FA and thus being incapable of competing?

Always a fun tradeoff.

Meanwhile Denver hit up FA a ton, went to a SB, hit up FA some more, won a SB, let some people go, are 4-1, and are getting two 3rds, a 5th, and a 7th. Sure glad our FO isn't run like those Sally Spendalots. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who doesn't love getting two 4th rounders and two 6th rounders in exchange for refusing to upgrade/help your team in FA and thus being incapable of competing?

Always a fun tradeoff.

Meanwhile Denver hit up FA a ton, went to a SB, hit up FA some more, won a SB, let some people go, are 4-1, and are getting two 3rds, a 5th, and a 7th. Sure glad our FO isn't run like those Sally Spendalots. Ninja

Don't you know that every top ranked free agent is a complete bust and could never learn the Bengals' intricate playbook?  Meanwhile, those comp picks have 1st Team All Pro written all over them Ninja
Reply/Quote