Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis On Mixon.......
I keep saying that Hill will be cut, and also that Mixon is still only 20 so hill talent/body will develop even more, but this just strengthens my opinion:

From FootballGuys:

Quote:Source: NFL.com - Conor Orr

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis admitted that RB Joe Mixon is 'off the charts talent-wise,' just from the brief time they have spent together on the football field. 'Big, fast, catch, run, see, smart -- and he's 20-year-old kid. He's as smart as a whip. You know, I mean, those things are fun. And I keep reminding everybody, he's a 20-year-old kid. Keep understanding that. Let Joe continue to grow and develop as we go.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Mixon is their version of Le'Veon Bell (Steelers). The rookie from Oklahoma can be a great running or receiving threat for the Bengals and he doesn't have to come off the field. His current ADP is RB16 (3.11) in 12-team PPR leagues and he could outperform that draft status.

Being big and fast, and likely putting on more weight and muscle (he was only ten pounds lighter than Hill), will make it stupid to take him off the field for goal line situations and kill the momentum that we have.

We have an amazing back in Mixon and I think he could set the league on fire!
Reply/Quote
It doesn't make any sense to cut Hill. He has 1 year left on his contract, and even if Mixon turns out to be the best RB of all time you still need other guys on the team. Gio's coming off of injury and we have nobody of value after that. It's not like hill is killing our payroll either as he's still on his rookie deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 09:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It doesn't make any sense to cut Hill. He has 1 year left on his contract, and even if Mixon turns out to be the best RB of all time you still need other guys on the team. Gio's coming off of injury and we have nobody of value after that. It's not like hill is killing our payroll either as he's still on his rookie deal.

They may be able to trade him once  a few RBs go down too. 

4th-5th round pick, but it'll be something
Reply/Quote
Was it only 2 years ago that we were worried about Gio (make him a slot guy) or Hue (he's too cute, get a guy who knows how to call 40 runs up the gut), or the passing game getting in the way of Hill getting the ball 30+ times per game and setting the league on fire? Man, time flies.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 11:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Was it only 2 years ago that we were worried about Gio (make him a slot guy) or Hue (he's too cute, get a guy who knows how to call 40 runs up the gut), or the passing game getting in the way of Hill getting the ball 30+ times per game and setting the league on fire?  Man, time flies.

It's the NFL, where two years is a lifetime.  Things change.  How do you not know that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 11:41 AM)McC Wrote: It's the NFL, where two years is a lifetime.  Things change.  How do you not know that?

I know it, I just think it's amusing we were legitimately debating if Hill was going to be as good as, or better than Corey Dillon and now we are trashing him to usher in the next guy who is going to light up the league.  And this time we mean it!  It's all good, the off-season is the time for big dreams that could pan out.

Hill is yesterday's franchise savior, I get it.
Reply/Quote
We should cut Hill.

Then we should trade for Tom Brady.

Then, sign AJ Green to a 10 year extension.

Any other Madden-esque moves we should make while we're at it?
Reply/Quote
People are giving up on Hill too quickly imo. Guy has all the tools. He didn't get help from his line and was essentially the feature back in an offense that struggled to move anywhere on the field. Defenses stacked the box against us and he had nowhere to go.

I bet Hill gets far more playing time than Mixon this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We should cut Hill.

Then we should trade for Tom Brady.

Then, sign AJ Green to a 10 year extension.

Any other Madden-esque moves we should make while we're at it?

Can we create a player?   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah we wouldnt cut Hill.

But if Mixon does well, we wont resign him, and thats clear

or we SHOULDNT resign him, yiu never know with this team. If he takes a discount he could very well be back, and Hopsin will somehow spin it to look like he took up 90% of our remaining cap space
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People are giving up on Hill too quickly imo. Guy has all the tools. He didn't get help from his line and was essentially the feature back in an offense that struggled to move anywhere on the field. Defenses stacked the box against us and he had nowhere to go.

They should cut Peerman.  
Hill will run hard this year because it's a contract year but I don't think they will keep them after this year at mixon is as good as advertised.

With that said I still cannot forgive Hill for the fumble during the playoffs. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
who believes a word mahvin says
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People are giving up on Hill too quickly imo. Guy has all the tools. He didn't get help from his line and was essentially the feature back in an offense that struggled to move anywhere on the field. Defenses stacked the box against us and he had nowhere to go.

hill was atrocious. he has mental and motivation issues.
Reply/Quote
in general as time goes on, ignoring freaks (a. peterson), players get faster, bigger, stronger. mixon is going to be better than hill, but we can bet more than half the starting RBs are anyway.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 02:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They should cut Peerman.  
He'll will run hard this year because it's a contract year but I don't think they will keep them after this year at mixon is as good as advertised.

Yeah but the Bengals all turn the ball over in the playoff like it's going out of style. 
Reply/Quote
I was confident Hill would lead the league in rushing in 2015 after his blistering 2014 rookie year. He looked THAT good. His tenativeness in the hole ever since has been puzzling, much less THAT fumble. Regardless he would still be an excellent 2nd back to have and will allow the team to use Gio sparingly as he recovers. RB is one position I have little worries about
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 02:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They should cut Peerman.  
He'll will run hard this year because it's a contract year but I don't think they will keep them after this year at mixon is as good as advertised.

Why with this type of depth would you even think about cutting Peerman... you would rather have some unproven young RB with potential just ride the bench over your best speciality player on the team ?   If you are holding out hope of your 4th RB making an impact on your team.. that tells me your first 3 Rbs are not getting it done.  If Mixon plays as expected, we will be so deep a 4th back will matter way more for special teams than anything else.. perfect fit for Peerman. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:51 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can we create a player?   Ninja

We definitely should! And we gotta make sure he has 99 in all stats.

So we should do that after we cut Hill as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:51 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can we create a player?   Ninja

My buddy and I were reminiscing on the time in the late 90s when we created 2 whole teams for some N64 football game (Quarterback Club 98?) and one team was all 5'5 140lb guys with 0's in every stat and the other was all 7'5 450lb guys with 100's in every stat.  Lordy, even a routine pass play was a complete burn for a TD.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I bet Hill gets far more playing time than Mixon this year.

That's what I'm afraid of !!
Reply/Quote