Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis On Mixon.......
(07-15-2017, 09:58 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: They may be able to trade him once  a few RBs go down too. 

4th-5th round pick, but it'll be something

I can't see anyone giving a 4th or 5th for Hill considering he's in a contract year and there's other decent stopgap options available in FA that can be had without losing a draft pick. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We should cut Hill.

Then we should trade for Tom Brady.

Then, sign AJ Green to a 10 year extension.

Any other Madden-esque moves we should make while we're at it?

Hell yes, use the create a player mode and build a LB that is just an absolute beast but signs a 5 year deal for the league min.

On the serious topic of Hill getting cut. No, he is not getting cut. I think I've typed this 10 times already this offseason. Gio will most likely be on the PUP. Hill is in a contract year, this is absolutely no gain at all in cutting him. You keep him and let him play at the year, then he walks and maybe even gets you a comp pick that the Bengals love so much.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 04:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I keep saying that Hill will be cut, and also that Mixon is still only 20 so hill talent/body will develop even more, but this just strengthens my opinion:

We have an amazing back in Mixon and I think he could set the league on fire!
Right now Mixon only has potential,he will not be an amazing back until he performs in the NFL against other teams.
There have been many athletes that did not make it despite having great measurables and practices.
I hope Mixon has a long and illustrious career with our Bengals,but will wait for the seasons to unfold. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:42 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Right now Mixon only has potential,he will not be an amazing back until he performs in the NFL against other teams.
There have been many athletes that did not make it despite having great measurables and practices.
I hope Mixon has a long and illustrious career with our Bengals,but will wait for the seasons to unfold. Cool

I agree.  I can see many reasons to be optimistic about Mixon, but it's always amusing to see the off-season narratives that our offense is not only going to be the best, but it is going to be so amazing that it transcends what NFL offenses have been for decades.  
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis on Mixon:

He's done some good things. He has to continue to grind, and get better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hill will not get cut. Good teams have depth, injuries do happen. I could maybe see it if he were Mali g a ton of money, he's cheap though.
Reply/Quote
They won"t cut Hill, but I doubt they re-sign him.....
Reply/Quote
Meh, I really think Mixon will be a beast, but I remember when Marvin was acting like Dennard was a beast his rookie year. I'll see what he can do during the season, which I think and hope that it will be a lot
Reply/Quote
Keep Hill for short yardage downhill running

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 12:29 PM)jason Wrote: Marvin Lewis on Mixon:

He's done some good things. He has to continue to grind, and get better.

Giggle giggle, hand clap, let's go.... giggle
Reply/Quote
With our oline and Paul Alexander's track record as an oline coach with our team's abysmal YPC averages, I don't think you can blame Hill or any RB. Andy's fast release makes them look better than they are when it comes to pass pro. Fix the line, and O will be fine. We shall see if it happens this year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:00 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Keep Hill for short yardage downhill running

If Mixon pans out like everyone thinks he will, there is no need to keep Hill and his salary cap hit. He will play this year, then be gone.
Reply/Quote
They arent going to cut Hill.

Gio is coming back from a significant injury and Mixon is still a rookie. They need Hill for depth on the roster especially with the uncertainty of Gio looming.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know it, I just think it's amusing we were legitimately debating if Hill was going to be as good as, or better than Corey Dillon and now we are trashing him to usher in the next guy who is going to light up the league.  And this time we mean it!  It's all good, the off-season is the time for big dreams that could pan out.

Hill is yesterday's franchise savior, I get it.

Its kind of reality. Hill killed it one year and has been terrible ever since. Im not sure why exactly you act like thats the fans fault? 

Im not saying Mixon is going to be an all pro, either. Im more of a wait and see kind of guy. Ive waited long enough with Hill though to know hes not a good back. Im not saying cut him this year...im saying dont resign him next year.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 12:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People are giving up on Hill too quickly imo. Guy has all the tools. He didn't get help from his line and was essentially the feature back in an offense that struggled to move anywhere on the field. Defenses stacked the box against us and he had nowhere to go.

I bet Hill gets far more playing time than Mixon this year.

Hill has had 3 years now to show that he has all the tools. He doesnt. Watch his film, hes awful. He doesnt have the vision or the burst. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 03:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why with this type of depth would you even think about cutting Peerman... you would rather have some unproven young RB with potential just ride the bench over your best speciality player on the team ?   If you are holding out hope of your 4th RB making an impact on your team.. that tells me your first 3 Rbs are not getting it done.  If Mixon plays as expected, we will be so deep a 4th back will matter way more for special teams than anything else.. perfect fit for Peerman. 

So you want to keep a special teams player over a guy that many have said is the best running back prospect in the draft? 

lol 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 06:05 AM)Shady Wrote: With our oline and Paul Alexander's track record as an oline coach with our team's abysmal YPC averages, I don't think you can blame Hill or any RB. Andy's fast release makes them look better than they are when it comes to pass pro. Fix the line, and O will be fine. We shall see if it happens this year.

The offensive line isn't Hill's issue. Hill's issue is that hes a shitty running back. 
Reply/Quote
They aren't cutting hill with gio recoving from injury and mixon a rookie.... Makes ZERO sense to cut him. you could look for a trade deadline trade if mixon takes over and other teams have a need.

HOW about we see mixon take some real NFL snaps before we cut all the other running backs and name him the next best thing since slice bread.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it, depending on the price, I wouldn't even be upset to see Hill re-signed...here me out...

Given his limitations he's shown the past two seasons, he's proven he's not a solid bellcow starting RB.
Therefore, he shouldn't be expected to get paid like a starter.

As I look at the contracts for RBs, I expect Hill will not get $3 mill a year in a new contract. He'll be relegated to backup/situational RB and RBs don't get paid well.
I could deal with a depth player for under $3 mill a year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
i hate to admit this it Hill is a very important player on this offense. Depending on Bells contract, by mid season we may have one of the best and cheapest backfields in the league. Mixon has done nothing! Absolutely nothing to even justify having a discussion whether to cut Hill or not. I think Hill has been pretty bad the past 2 years too but he still may be our best option at RB until Mixon proves otherwise and even then he would still make a solid backup.
Reply/Quote