Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis On Mixon.......
(07-17-2017, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They aren't cutting hill with gio recoving from injury and mixon a rookie....    Makes ZERO sense to cut him.     you could look for a trade deadline trade if mixon takes over and other teams have a need.

HOW about we see mixon take some real NFL snaps before we cut all the other running backs and name him the next best thing since slice bread.

Especially seeing as Gio is coming off injury. But even a trade would maybe net a third rounder or so? I wouldn't trade him for that really. Let him bust his ass on his contract year and reap all the benefits after you let him walk.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 10:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They arent going to cut Hill.

Gio is coming back from a significant injury and Mixon is still a rookie. They need Hill for depth on the roster especially with the uncertainty of Gio looming.

I agree they won't cut Hill, but like I said, I doubt they resign him after this year. As for Gio, for that matter Boom Williams is closer in running style to Gio than Hill could ever be. Hill thinks he is fast and shifty, he's not. Hill is a straight downhill runner. As soon as he accepts that, he will be better....
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So you want to keep a special teams player over a guy that many have said is the best running back prospect in the draft? 

lol 

who are you talking about, I was not talking about Mixon ?? we are talking about the 4th RB on a loaded RB team ( Hill, Gio, Mixon)... that has hopes to return to playoffs ... so if you are asking me to choose between a unproven RB for the 4th RB spot on roster or the best speciality player on the team and in the NFL with the team makeup that we have.. I choose Peerman.... 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: who are you talking about, I was not talking about Mixon ?? we are talking about the 4th RB on a loaded RB team ( Hill, Gio, Mixon)... that has hopes to return to playoffs ... so if you are asking me to choose between a unproven RB for the 4th RB spot on roster or the best speciality player on the team and in the NFL with the team makeup that we have.. I choose Peerman.... 

If you can seriously sit here and say you would give Peerman a roster spot over Mixon then youre just dumb. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you can seriously sit here and say you would give Peerman a roster spot over Mixon then youre just dumb. 

Hes not talking about mixon...  Hes talking about the 4th RB spot...  which is usually peermans
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 10:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its kind of reality. Hill killed it one year and has been terrible ever since. Im not sure why exactly you act like thats the fans fault? 

Im not saying Mixon is going to be an all pro, either. Im more of a wait and see kind of guy. Ive waited long enough with Hill though to know hes not a good back. Im not saying cut him this year...im saying dont resign him next year.

Saying Hill was going to be good after a very promising rookie campaign wasn't the issue.  The issue was comparing him to a "should be HOFER" in Dillon and calling for the Bengals to drastically tailor their entire offense around the guy.  As I said, optimism I get and I don't have a 100% success rate on predicting careers but lordy do we get carried away at times.

Like I said, of all the football I've witnessed Hill's 2015 campaign may have been the most mercurial.  Going into the season we were pretty sure handing him the ball was going to be THE key to success.  Fast forward as our season ends and the conclusion was that handing Hill the ball was THE reason we failed.  It's just so damn interesting.

Anyways, Mixon should be pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
During my down times while recovering from hip replacement surgery a week ago, I've had a chance to watch some highlight film and something keeps me coming back for more film on Joe Mixon. It's not his running. That's tremendous. It's not his vision. That's amazing.

It's his route running in the pass game.

I knew Oklahoma liked to play a wide open offense but what I didn't know is how many times Joe Mixon ran wide receiver-type routes. He's like TJ Houshmandzadeh but he starts in the backfield and gets downfield very fast. This aspect of Joe Mixon's game may well open up scoring a opportunities for not just himself but for the Cincinnati tight ends and wide receivers too.

Only one question: Is Ken Zampese smart enough to use this?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Saying Hill was going to be good after a very promising rookie campaign wasn't the issue.  The issue was comparing him to a "should be HOFER" in Dillon and calling for the Bengals to drastically tailor their entire offense around the guy.  As I said, optimism I get and I don't have a 100% success rate on predicting careers but lordy do we get carried away at times.

Like I said, of all the football I've witnessed Hill's 2015 campaign may have been the most mercurial.  Going into the season we were pretty sure handing him the ball was going to be THE key to success.  Fast forward as our season ends and the conclusion was that handing Hill the ball was THE reason we failed.  It's just so damn interesting.

Anyways, Mixon should be pretty damn good.

I never did that with Hill. 

I agree with your assessment, though. A lot of times people on this board will say how good we are going to be based on something absolutely baseless (much like this thread and Mixon). Its annoying, yes. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 05:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I never did that with Hill. 

I agree with your assessment, though. A lot of times people on this board will say how good we are going to be based on something absolutely baseless (much like this thread and Mixon). Its annoying, yes. 

I don't think that this thread is baseless because it's based on things that Mixon has actually shown on the football field, which is strengthened by expert opinion.

Running back is probably the easiest position to transition to the NFL from college, so it's not like we're just talking about some guy that we saw running fast down the street.

Mixon can do it all.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't think that this thread is baseless because it's based on things that Mixon has actually shown on the football field, which is strengthened by expert opinion.

Running back is probably the easiest position to transition to the NFL from college, so it's not like we're just talking about some guy that we saw running fast down the street.

Mixon can do it all.  

It actually is pretty baseless. You are pretty much saying this guy is going to be awesome based on zero experience he has in the NFL. You are comparing two different levels of play. 

Greg Oden was a beast in college. When he got to the NBA he was awful. 

Youre not being objective.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It actually is pretty baseless. You are pretty much saying this guy is going to be awesome based on zero experience he has in the NFL. You are comparing two different levels of play. 

Greg Oden was a beast in college. When he got to the NBA he was awful. 

Youre not being objective.  

Which, as I pointed out, running back is the easiest position to transition to the NFL.

That's objective.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 05:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Which, as I pointed out, running back is the easiest position to transition to the NFL.

That's objective.

Yea but it still doesn't always work. For example, Trent Richardson was an all-star in college, but it didn't translate as much to the NFL (for whatever reasons).
Reply/Quote