Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Postgame Interview
Everyone has always hated on Marvin's interviews and press conferences, and rightfully so, but his postgame news conference after the Browns game was actually a good one.

Was a down-to-earth video with no giggles or anything (he did laugh for half a second when asked if he was happy to get Thursday Night Football out of the way, which was kind of a funny question considering how much it sucks to play on Thursday nights) and he just sounded like it's business as usual and time to move on to the next game.

He addressed how they made it a focal point to keep Manziel in the pocket after halftime (nice halftime adjustment) and that they got him down quickly when he did get out of the pocket.

He talked about drives and plans and just all-around coaching talk that made me more confident in his abilities than ever before and like he'll lead the team where it needs to go. Mentioned how it's important to score right out of the gate and to start both halves strong.

Maybe my favorite part was when they asked him about what 8-0 means and he just said that it "means we're halfway through the season. We don't get anything for this. Gotta take it one week at a time and be the best we can be." (Paraphrased)

I love how he sounds like a leader and he's not all giddy like a schoolgirl anymore over a win because he's focused on the big picture.

I think he's finally the coach that can lead us where we want to go, which is nice because Andy and the rest of the team are also playing at a level that will take us where we want to go.

Hell of a time to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
All his critics from press conferences and people who call him "giggles" have no comment?
Reply/Quote
[Image: 163610-118005-dr-hibbert.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: All his critics from press conferences and people who call him "giggles" have no comment?

Marvin has learned from his mistakes, just like the players. They've all grown together, and it's showing. I still reserve the right to call him giggles.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: All his critics from press conferences and people who call him "giggles" have no comment?

I have a comment. It's about time he wipes that shitty grin and stupid laugh off his face and gets this team to at least a  deep run in the playoffs! Go Bengals, you have the talent now lets see if giggles can do his part!

Reply/Quote