Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL?
(01-24-2024, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't dodge anything. I'm not the one who said he was a horrible coach. I said his ceiling was mediocrity and stand by that. If you can win in the regular season but can't win one playoff game in 16 seasons, that's mediocre, period.
Paul Brown did his best coaching in Cleveland no doubt, he changed the game. And I don't know why Dick, Bruce, Dave or Homer are even in this discussion, they sucked as head coaches.
Meanwhile my guy Zac Taylor, (who I was absolutely blasted for supporting all along), in 5 seasons, has 5 playoff wins and an AFC Championship plus a trip to the Super Bowl. His 5 wins matches the franchise win total from the Bengals birth through his hiring. 
Not sure why you're trying to make Marvin some great coach in a place where everyone knows his record. He's a super nice guy, a mediocre coach who brought the team out of the basement but couldn't get them on the bus. It is what it is.

Sled, when I mentioned dodging I meant dodging the fact Marvin has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all Bengal coaches.

I never used the words Marvin and great in a sentence, that was you did that.
All that I said again and again and again is if Marvin was a horrible or mediocre coach what about all the other Bengal coaches with the exception of Forrest Gregg that have a Bengals career of a losing record and that includes Paul Brown who brought the team out of the basement but couldn't get them on the bus??? It is what it is.

P.S. I wish Burrow was on Marvin's team and Zac was stuck with Andy Dalton and see things would have blossomed. Wait Andy was on Zac's team and that is how we got Joe Burrow[who is light years better then Dalton, Palmer and Kitna] who Marvin was stuck with.

So again was Marvin a great coach? No!!! But even Vince Lombardi could not work with Mike Brown[who is the real villain].

So was Marvin a mediocre coach? Maybe, but that leaves a lot of former Bengal coaches who have sub .500 records as Bengal coaches worse then Marvin. It is what it is. { I like that phrase Tongue}
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 06:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sled, when I mentioned dodging I meant dodging the fact Marvin has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all Bengal coaches.

I never used the words Marvin and great in a sentence, that was you did that.
All that I said again and again and again is if Marvin was a horrible or mediocre coach what about all the other Bengal coaches with the exception of Forrest Gregg that have a Bengals career of a losing record and that includes Paul Brown who brought the team out of the basement but couldn't get them on the bus??? It is what it is.

P.S. I wish Burrow was on Marvin's team and Zac was stuck with Andy Dalton and see things would have blossomed. Wait Andy was on Zac's team and that is how we got Joe Burrow[who is light years better then Dalton, Palmer and Kitna] who Marvin was stuck with.

So again was Marvin a great coach? No!!! But even Vince Lombardi could not work with Mike Brown[who is the real villain].

So was Marvin a mediocre coach? Maybe, but that leaves a lot of former Bengal coaches who have sub .500 records as Bengal coaches worse then Marvin. It is what it is. { I like that phrase Tongue}

No one's arguing we have had some crappy coaches. No one is arguing that. I didn't think we really needed to discuss if Shula et all were horrible coaches. Of course they were. Of all the coaches we had, Marvin is nowhere near the worst, nor is he the best. He was simply mediocre. He could win in the regular season, but crapped the bed every time we had a Prime Time or playoff game. He simply did not or could not perform on the big stage. Sunday at 1, he was ok. 
As for Burrow on Marvin's team, Marvin had Palmer, who at that time was a top tier QB in the league just like Burrow is now. He didn't do anything with him. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has been named Assistant Head Coach

Raiders have interviewed Hue Jackson for a unnamed role on their offensive coaching staff. They just hired Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Maybe Hue will revert to his WR coach job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Chad is joining Marvin in LV as an assistant coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like Chad is joining Marvin in LV as an assistant coach.

Oh wow. I admit, this one stings a bit as I would have loved him with the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 02:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oh wow. I admit, this one stings a bit as I would have loved him with the Bengals.

Apparently it’s not really happening, and it was just Chad being Chad.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently it’s not really happening, and it was just Chad being Chad.

Chad does this a lot. He always mentions asking NFL coaches for jobs on their staffs. He plays around a lot on Twitter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently it’s not really happening, and it was just Chad being Chad.

Ah, I thought he was potentially serious about it this time since he didn't mention playing as WR, kicking, or instantly becoming an offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Las Vegas Bengals

[Image: 70757966007-benagls-1-x-1.png]

Hue Jackson to return!!!

[Image: 108128702_original.jpg?1297808661]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote