Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis' clock management in mid season form
Did anyone see that clock management at the end of the first half yesterday? When is this guy going to get it?

40 seconds left on their own 40:

- 3rd and 1 run up the middle
- calls timeout
- 1st and 10 another run up the middle
- 2 and 10 hail mary
- 3rd and 10 run up the middle, expire clock

I mean, what the hell is going on? Its like deja vu with this shit every year...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I mean, if it hasn't changed in 14 years, why would it change now?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Did anyone see that clock management at the end of the first half yesterday? When is this guy going to get it?

- calls timeout
- 2 and 10 hail mary

I mean, what the hell is going on? Its like deja vu with this shit every year...

You are missing one very important play. After the time out on the 3rd and 1 run Andy was forced to check it down to Tyler Kroft who decided to fight for yards instead of getting out of bounds. That play forced them to use their remaining time out and killed any chance they had at a FG. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we use this thread to point out all of the times he doesn't screw up with clock management?

It seemed like more of an issue from the past than present that people haven't let go of. I can't really remember any big clock mismanagement from Marvin for a few seasons now.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Did anyone see that clock management at the end of the first half yesterday? When is this guy going to get it?

- calls timeout
- 2 and 10 hail mary

I didn't like wasting a timeout on the FG attempt? That would have given them all their timeouts for that last drive at the half. Really didn't matter tho, the plays they ran weren't going to go anywhere...
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:57 AM)Synric Wrote: You are missing one very important play. After the time out on the 3rd and 1 run Andy was forced to check it down to Tyler Kroft who decided to fight for yards instead of getting out of bounds. That play forced them to use their remaining time out and killed any chance they had at a FG. 

That play never happened...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That play never happened...

The play did happen but I was wrong about exactly when.

Gio had a 9 yard run and a time out was called. With 47 seconds on and 1 time out left. Gio converted a 3 and 1 by a 6 yard play up the gut. With 20 seconds left on the clock and 1 timr out Bengals on their 45 a check down pass to Kroft for 2 yards who failed to get out of bounds and their last time out was used. 13 seconds left no time outs they threw a hail mary failed then ran a run play to just finish the half.

It's all right here.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400950234
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

- calls timeout
- 2 and 10 hail mary

I'm not gonna dwell on it because it's preseason so who cares, but I think his clock management last week before half annoyed me as well. 

I don't expect to see any improvement from him in this area after all this time. It is what it is at this point, it's certainly not going to get him fired so might as well learn to accept it. 
Reply/Quote
Seems Marvin has a pretty tough crowd when it comes to pleasing folks when it comes to clock management.

Folks usually complain he burns his TOs too early. Didn't do

Folks usually complain that he just takes a knee and lets the clock expire when he has a lead. Didn't do it

OP cherry picks plays during a 1-minute drill in which we threw the ball 3 times in a six play drive.

On 3 passes we gained 2 yards including an out where the QB checked down and the receiver made a bonehead move, on 3 runs we got 23 yards. Stupid Marvin.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote