Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis community fund..
I'm just wondering what becomes of this fund now that Lewis is out. The lead article on Bengals.com of course mentions it and the $43,000 donation from Mikes Carwash to the fund and the obligatory selling of the many wonders of Mikes as the preeminent purveyors of everything good and wholesome in Cincinnati .. Sometimes these things feel like little more than another feel good article or perhaps I'm just cynical and don't quite buy into it all..  I hate to break the bad news though. I'm not going to drive all the way from South Carolina to Cincinnati to get my truck washed at Mikes Carwash thus denying all the kids of Cincinnati of a quality education via the Marvin Lewis Community Fund. Instead come sometime in June (MAYBE) I'll just wash the truck out in the driveway and pollute the grass as the end of said driveway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure but this is the kind of thing that I know I never give enough credit to coaches and players for. They do make tons of money but there are no requirements to donate. Props to the coaches and players that do donate time and money. I’m sure that they have helped many people that actually need the help, so thanks!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm just wondering what becomes of this fund now that Lewis is out. The lead article on Bengals.com of course mentions it and the $43,000 donation from Mikes Carwash to the fund and the obligatory selling of the many wonders of Mikes as the preeminent purveyors of everything good and wholesome in Cincinnati .. Sometimes these things feel like little more than another feel good article or perhaps I'm just cynical and don't quite buy into it all..  I hate to break the bad news though. I'm not going to drive all the way from South Carolina to Cincinnati to get my truck washed at Mikes Carwash thus denying all the kids of Cincinnati of a quality education via the Marvin Lewis Community Fund. Instead come sometime in June (MAYBE) I'll just wash the truck out in the driveway and pollute the grass as the end of said driveway.

Just say you're going to 'take a leak' like a normal person.

Hopefully the new coach will pick up the mantle and declare his own community fund.  Then Mike's et al can sponsor his fund, and the worthwhile organizations Merv has been supporting won't miss a dollar.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I probably shouldn't be making fun of the community fund, but I'm always skeptical of these types of things, Community funds should be community funds, not a head coaches personal community fund. I remember reading about the flood drive(s) after the 1913 floods and nowhere do I remember anyone's name being put in front of them, just the flood relief fund(s) and funding to establish the Conservancy District. Oh well.. I guess marketing always needs a name now days to lend credibility to it.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote