Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis may be a BAD COACH
Pretty much everything stated here (about a decade ago) is still correct

https://battleforohio.wordpress.com/tag/reggie-mcneal/

It's a spot on, direct, and honest assessment!!

Please read it and let the comments roll...

"To almost quote a famous tuna, Sorry, Marvin. There has been a lot of good things that you have brought to this city and you should be recognized and respected, but you couldn’t coach up talent if you were paid to do it. Wait a minute, that’s exactly what you are paid to do."

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Interesting article. Brings back a lot of memories reading those names. Some good some bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
May be? Isn't that like saying Everest may be a big hill.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Fans.....feel free to add many more names to this list of players who Marvin and Co. have completely failed to develop over the past 8 years
Reply/Quote
Oh god I remember all them names well. These were also the days I didn't know who we were drafting without internet.
Reply/Quote
ML as defensive coordinator gets fine grades.
As a developer of smart, talented, inspired, team first players not so hot ( lukewarm at best ).
If the squad wins a Superbowl or 2 while he remains HC ,I will reconsider.
Reply/Quote
The best I can hope for the next 2yrs is Marvin bringing in the right guys and letting them coach the players up. Marvin will need to orchestrate and not meddle in the same fashion mike has done to him the last 15yrs. Bringing in the right guys will be challenging. However, the right guys will get the players in tune and get them going to work. Discipline and accountability must be the top priorities going forward. You simply can’t have a good team without it.

Reply/Quote
[Image: That-Is-Brand-New-Information-Friends.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:16 AM)Interceptor Wrote: [Image: That-Is-Brand-New-Information-Friends.gif]

That's kind of the point 
ML has been a disaster since Day 1
Simply being better than Coslet and Lebeau should've never been enough for fans to believe otherwise
Reply/Quote
MAY be?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:44 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Pretty much everything stated here (about a decade ago) is still correct

https://battleforohio.wordpress.com/tag/reggie-mcneal/

It's a spot on, direct, and honest assessment!!

Please read it and let the comments roll...

"To almost quote a famous tuna, Sorry, Marvin.  There has been a lot of good things that you have brought to this city and you should be recognized and respected, but you couldn’t coach up talent if you were paid to do it.  Wait a minute, that’s exactly what you are paid to do."

Rock On  Well I hate to see your definition of a good or decent coach.  So you are saying a head coach that has 5 losing seasons in 15 years of coaching, 125 wins, six playoffs appearance bad ???  You can question decent to good coach but BAD.. come on man.... I really don;t know why I even opening the thread to read any of this, the bias title should have been the warning enough....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:21 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Fans.....feel free to add many more names to this list of players who Marvin and Co. have completely failed to develop over the past 8 years

The word "develop" should not be used in the NFL at all, at all!
Reply/Quote