Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis walks out on press conference
On the 4th down that Andy threw the ball away was all Andys fault that being said. It stems from the conservative attitude the team has having a defensive minded coach. Throw the ball away be safe don't try to make a play come back for the next drive to try don't throw an Int. When Andy came out of college he had a never say die attitude that is long gone he is now the check down king. Harping on turnovers and conservative play has infected this team. The oline is pathetic but we have other issues as well.
Reply/Quote
The most maddening thing about Marvin the organization in general is the utter refusal to acknowledge the blatantly obvious.

I've seen lots of coaches, especially after such a sad performance as we saw yesterday, call a spade a spade and speak some anger-driven truth. Has Marvin ever done anything even close to that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We will move on, this cemented him moving on.

He is a Steeler fan for God sake. Let him go to that dark side he holds so close.

I just don't want us to fire him in season.

We might actually win a lot of games if he leaves and be stuck with the next one minute sherrah.

Want an early pick if we are going nowhere this season.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping when I opened this thread that someone asked Marvin about halftime adjustments not some stupid question about going for it on 4th down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was hoping when I opened this thread that someone asked Marvin about halftime adjustments not some stupid question about going for it on 4th down.

Now that would really piss him off, might even get a glare giggle or somethin' with that journalistic jargon.

Halftime adjustments lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I told my dad only Andy Dalton throws a ball away on 4th down where we're not even in FG range. Not the first time, he threw one out of the endzone (as a throw away) when we needed a TD, lol game over.

The safety in OT was also hilarious a long time ago, ending the game. Sure if you throw the ball away it's up to the ref's discretion, but he just went down.

Dalton had his best years as a gun slinger running hurry up offense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No problem with the 4th down call in the first half.

I do have problems with other things.  Like having the ball with two minutes left in the first half, only to call three useless plays and give the ball right back to the Steelers who then proceed to march down the field for a field goal.  Or fielding a team so mentally ill-prepared that they leave a guy wide open on a fake punt.  Or neglecting the offensive line all off-season, having it blow up in your face, and STILL refusing to acknowledge it because you're an arrogant prick.

I believe a big reason for there conservative play calling in these type of situations that we've seen over and over for years has a lot to do with a lack of confidence in Andy.  You need a QB that you can trust throwing the ball multiple times for big chunks under two minutes and they simply don't trust AD. How many times have we seen him throw a screen pass or 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8 and just punt it away.  Andy and the coaches are afraid of him throwing a pick so he chooses to take the simple throw which gets them no where.  But hey you cant be mad Andy cause he didn't throw a pick yet it still doesn't help which is why we continue to have the same results at the end of halfs and end of games.   Tough to win games when you have no faith in your QB.  
Reply/Quote
He actually looks like he is at the end of his rope. Maybe Mike doesn't need to fire him, perhaps he will just walk away.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, I told my dad only Andy Dalton throws a ball away on 4th down where we're not even in FG range.

Not true, I've seen Flacco do it, too. AND it was in FG range, too (though they needed a TD at the time). Granted, Flacco ain't exactly the type of QB you want to emulate, but he does have a Super Bowl victory under his belt.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin gets crushed by the fans and media...and he rightly should...but I don't see another coach stepping in here winning.

Yep...I don't see any coach worth a hill of beans coming here, in the short or long term, just to be handcuffed by the Brown family. This team could have turned the corner years ago with a competent staff, and yes I know it's been mentioned at ad nauseam for years now, it's like beating that ol' dead horse that's been pulverized into mulch over twenty years ago. Dead Horse  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He actually looks like he is at the end of his rope.

Honestly, that's what it looked like to me there. I think he was fed up that he was pressured AGAIN and that no one was open AGAIN and I think he just gave up and threw it away. Said, 'screw it'. It's not something I want to see from players on my team (I want them to be 100% trying to win all the time), but I can understand. Still, though, I wish he would've tried SOMEthing instead of giving up. It's near impossible to come back from something like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, that's what it looked like to me there. I think he was fed up that he was pressured AGAIN and that no one was open AGAIN and I think he just gave up and threw it away. Said, 'screw it'. It's not something I want to see from players on my team (I want them to be 100% trying to win all the time), but I can understand. Still, though, I wish he would've tried SOMEthing instead of giving up. It's near impossible to come back from something like that.

Think Murdock meant Marv is at the end of his rope.

Not Dalton, Dalton is just frustrated as we all are cause of Marv and his ineptitude.
Reply/Quote
Can someone please make a looping gif file of Marvin's little shrug dance? Man, so much jazz-hand shrugging going down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't watch the video, but I presume we're discussing the 4th down call in the first half.  If so, I had ZERO problem with that call, he absolutely needed to be aggressive there on the road with his defense seemingly in backpedal mode.  Even if we failed, it was the right call.  I'm not sure why they'd even ask that question.
Agree, and as much as I disdain Merv, I'm not sure that any other coach can succeed any better under the current regime. It really is a terrible situation.

Any new HC is likely to be green and unproven. Perhaps, Mike & Katy will change, but it is highly doubtful. 

BTW, Tom Coughlin already has the Jag's in contention in year one.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can someone please make a looping gif file of Marvin's little shrug dance?  Man, so much jazz-hand shrugging going down.

Eh, would rather have a boob gif right now Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree, and as much as I disdain Merv, I'm not sure that any other coach can succeed any better under the current regime. It really is a terrible situation.

Any new HC is likely to be green and unproven. Perhaps, Mike & Katy will change, but it is highly doubtful. 

I don't buy that either. With the exception of a couple of O-Lineman, this team has the talent to not only go to the Super Bowl but to win it. Coaching is what is holding them back.....
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not true, I've seen Flacco do it, too. AND it was in FG range, too (though they needed a TD at the time). Granted, Flacco ain't exactly the type of QB you want to emulate, but he does have a Super Bowl victory under his belt.

I would take a super bowl QB pulling those maneuvers than one without the ring. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, would rather have a boob gif right now Mellow

be careful what you wish for, andre smith coming right up 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree, and as much as I disdain Merv, I'm not sure that any other coach can succeed any better under the current regime. It really is a terrible situation.

Merv. LOL
Reply/Quote
At the end of the day a good coach will always make Lewis look stupid. He is the worst and they will not win with him leading them, only person with less knowledge on football is good old MR Brown the king of losers.
Reply/Quote