Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis welcomes more experienced coaching staff
(01-20-2016, 05:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: To be fair, he was coaching a team that was a mess. Dan Snyder has made Washington a joke. Look at how many people were blown away at them winning the division this year. Also, the guy is a position coach. Getting a guy who has NFL HC/DC experience as a position coach is big for us.

good points.. we can look within our own history to understand how you do has a head coach is not a direction indication how you do as a position coach.. ie  Dick Lebeau
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:21 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: All things considered, I love love love these hires.

The Haslett hire is so good. You have to remember the guy recently spent a year with Penn State. He is going to know the college game well, not just Penn State but the whole league. I am sure he will give great insight come draft day this year. To have a former coach of the year and five year HC as a LB coach is pretty impressive. If you add to that getting Coyle back and adding Lazor, I can't see how this isnt an upgrade.

(01-20-2016, 04:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love the Haslett hire,  a experienced head Coach  that has taken his team to the playoffs which will easily be respected by his position players  is always a plus

(01-20-2016, 05:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: To be fair, he was coaching a team that was a mess. Dan Snyder has made Washington a joke. Look at how many people were blown away at them winning the division this year. Also, the guy is a position coach. Getting a guy who has NFL HC/DC experience as a position coach is big for us.

Thanks guys, warming up to the Haslett hire now.

Plus i just read up about Lazor and am liking that a bunch as well.

Foles looked great under him in Philly and look at how bad Foles looked this year as a Ram.

Says something about the coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks guys, warming up to the Haslett hire now.

Plus i just read up about Lazor and am liking that a bunch as well.

Foles looked great under him in Philly and look at how bad Foles looked this year as a Ram.

Says something about the coach.

That does say a lot about Lazor, and what makes it even better is that Andy is only on the upward trend (was playing lights-out prior to injury and like one of the best in the league), and it's not like he'll have some new coordinator that's not sure how to call an offense to fit Andy's strengths because, with Zampese being Dalton's former quarterback coach, he likely knows Andy's strengths and weaknesses better than Andy knows them.

Everyone always called for changes to be made to shake things up and provide a spark, well, here it is and it's looking promising!

I don't know how anyone can't already be pumped up about next season!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That does say a lot about Lazor, and what makes it even better is that Andy is only on the upward trend (was playing lights-out prior to injury and like one of the best in the league), and it's not like he'll have some new coordinator that's not sure how to call an offense to fit Andy's strengths because, with Zampese being Dalton's former quarterback coach, he likely knows Andy's strengths and weaknesses better than Andy knows them.

Everyone always called for changes to be made to shake things up and provide a spark, well, here it is and it's looking promising!

I don't know how anyone can't already be pumped up about next season!

Do we know what type of system Zampese is going to run?  He has worked under a number of different people...
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:57 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do we know what type of system Zampese is going to run?  He has worked under a number of different people...

Probably the system Hue ran, with some tweaks.  Hopefully, he can get the running game going consistently.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 12:35 PM)McC Wrote: Probably the system Hue ran, with some tweaks.  Hopefully, he can get the running game going consistently.

I'd like to see him dump all the shifts along the OLine. I think it contributed very little to the offensive output and served to confuse the lineman causing false starts and holds.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:57 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do we know what type of system Zampese is going to run?  He has worked under a number of different people...

(01-21-2016, 12:35 PM)McC Wrote: Probably the system Hue ran, with some tweaks.  Hopefully, he can get the running game going consistently.

Everything I've seen says he won't change the playbook too much or anything and he'll keep all the same language so they don't have to learn anything new and they can just pick-up and go, but I have heard him say that he wants to be physical and play up-tempo and physical, with enthusiasm.

I'm excited to get a new face calling plays, especially one that's worked with Andy so much, and we just need Hill to hold onto the ball and we got ourselves a championship!
Reply/Quote
Lmao @ the Giggles n shits(Browns) propaganda machine!! A ploy to keep the fools hopeful still, and keep the mind off the NFL Playoff losing records of giggles(0-7, 5 straight)! Too bad they don't really need it there are enough homers in this fan base to fill 20 NFL teams!!

"Bengals elevate staff with experience. . ." MY ASS!!!

I tell you what is happening, coaches are jumping off Marv's ship fast as hell cause they know his style can't win the big one!! If you can't see it then you're homer blind as hell!!

DEMAND CHANGE BENGALS SUFFERERS(fans)!!! YOU DESERVE BETTER, THE CITY DESERVES BETTER!!!

For those happy with just winning regular seasons, I hope you take solace in the fact that the Cleveland Stains have a more recent playoff win, and glory in your coach holding the all time playoff losing record!!

"Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged on one thing: the result."

"Second place is meaningless. You can't always be first, but you have to believe you should of been-that you were never beaten-that time just ran out on you."

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."-

Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote