Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players...
This just scrolled on the ESPN Right-side feed. THIS is one of the reasons Marvin must go.

Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players because they're out of the playoffs. Said they're going to do anything they can to win the next two games.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it. They just started Fisher last week.
Reply/Quote
Well we aren't going to see it.
Reply/Quote
Dumbass..... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our young players suck because we've drafted horrible since around 2012. We have no diamonds in the rough. If winning truely is the only aim then we're should stick with our vets. If we wanna tank we should definitely try young guys in games
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Our young players suck because we've drafted horrible since around 2012. We have no diamonds in the rough. If winning truely is the only aim then we're should stick with our vets. If we wanna tank we should definitely try young guys in games

At the times of our draft, we get really high grades. Granted drafts are crap shoots...but how many of these guys receive significant playing time in Years 1 and 2?

You have to actually play young guys to develop them.
Reply/Quote
Folks wanting marvin gone should see this as a good thing. He is playing for the present and not the future. There is no reason Marvin shouldn't be getting the newer guys some reps.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks wanting marvin gone should see this as a good thing. He is playing for the present and not the future. There is no reason Marvin shouldn't be getting the newer guys some reps.

I get your sarcasm, since you are a Marvin fan. But when it comes to 'always looking to the future' knock on the team, I think that is more aimed at the front office and the purse-strings, not Marvin.

Imo Dalton should be benched the last two games for McCarron at the least. I would also bench Eifert and AJ as well, as much I want him to get a 1000 yards. And the reason is fear of injury to be honest, with nothing to play for other than a draft spot. Any major injury that would happen the next two weeks would wipe out most of next year like all of camp and early in the season. It just isnt worth it to me for those three that are critical to the offense's success next year.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I get your sarcasm, since you are a Marvin fan. But when it comes to 'always looking to the future' knock on the team, I think that is more aimed at the front office and the purse-strings, not Marvin.

Imo Dalton should be benched the last two games for McCarron at the least. I would also bench Eifert and AJ as well, as much I want him to get a 1000 yards. And the reason is fear of injury to be honest, with nothing to play for other than a draft spot. Any major injury that would happen the next two weeks would wipe out most of next year like all of camp and early in the season. It just isnt worth it to me for those three that are critical to the offense's success next year.

Oh I agree every player on the roster that has not gotten significant PT should be played. Hell put Rey on IR and bring up Dawson from the PS. Anybody else that is gimpy shut them down.

But Marvin worrying about the present should be music to the ears that want him gone. WTS, I've always said when we get worse; it's time for marvin to go. it's time for him to go. Maybe i should start a thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I was listening to the presser on my way home.  He also tagged it with: "This isn't junior high football".

Made me chuckle given the fact that he has more than once shown he should be coaching at the Jr. High level.
Reply/Quote
The longer he stays the more it hurts the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The longer he stays the more it hurts the team.
I suspect Marvelous Marv looks into the mirror and tells himself, "Wow! I am a great NFL head coach." Someone please tell him he's lying to himself. We all know better. Sad
Reply/Quote
Perfect time to play the young players...seems kind of obvious. There is no downside at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 07:13 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Perfect time to play the young players...seems kind of obvious.  There is no downside at this point.

Truth ThumbsUp Completely idiotic not to do so. But that is Marv Ball
Reply/Quote
He's obviously trying to get our wins up so his resume looks good

He's gonna play vets for sure

Funny thing is when we make playoffs he usually rests our vets

Now that we're out he wants the schedule to at least look like we were competitive so we're gonna win garbage time games we should be tanking because Marvin Lewis right?
Reply/Quote
What a fool marvin is, hes definitely bengalized as they called it early 2000s. Just the simple fact we got dawson on the ps is enough proof he is a moron. There's no doubt in my mind hed be the 2nd best linebacker and help vontaze out. It seems like burfict is our only good tackler we got. And i dont even like dude as a person nomore. But hes a beast. Secondly not bringing up will jackson, dumb move. Yeah we really needed peerman.

He will continue playing scrubs next year, you can bank on it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This just scrolled on the ESPN Right-side feed. THIS is one of the reasons Marvin must go.

Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players because they're out of the playoffs. Said they're going to do anything they can to win the next two games.

I'm in the camp which thinks winning at the end of a losing season is important for momentum into next year.  

I'm also sick of the recently drafted guys not getting their feet wet enough so when they need to step up we are lacking and see a drop off which for me has been the story of the year (alongside the assistant coaching changes/flux).

I don't see the two ideas as mutually exclusive...if the vets were so damn good we would not have the W/L record we do.

- I want to see Westerman at some point...pull Boling who they say is injured anyway, rather he be 100% for next year
- Keep Fisher at RT
- Maybe get Ced O on some limited snaps at LT though I am worried about Dalton
- Definitely want to see Derron Smith / Fejeldem play with Iloka
- Dennard instead of Adam Jones on the outside for more snaps.  Only really seen him in the slot so we need to know if he is ever going to be CB1 /2...if not then we better make sure WJIII is ready next year.
- Vigil instead of Dansby/V Rey

What I'm not that bothered about seeing is Will Clarke...we've seen a fair bit of him and frankly do not see him as a MJ upgrade. We need a new RDE in the draft

I'm not that bothered about AJMc. Only want to see him if in making some OL changes Dalton is getting hit too much. Also I think from a trade perspective he has some value at the moment...I kind of think .vs. the Texans and Ravens Defenses he is not going to tear it up and may only give people doubts and impact potential trade value.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This just scrolled on the ESPN Right-side feed. THIS is one of the reasons Marvin must go.

Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

...and if he comes out and says he wants to lose the next two games, then you would want him fired.

Look, this isn't preseason.  This is no time to start the second string....You play out the season....NO QUIT.....As Coach his goal now is to WIN the next two games and keep the team together. Keep them playing hard. Keep them focused....Now I saw Bengals coaches that could NOT do this. Sam Wyche was one of them, he lost all control that last awful season.  It is sad when the players quit on the coach and start clearing out their locker with games left.   I remember the lousy clubhouse attitudes of players on those 1990s teams.....I'll say this, very seldom has the team quit on Coach Lewis.  When they do, player changes soon follow. 

YES, THE BENGALS ARE OUT TO BEAT HOUSTON......and then FINISH WITH A WIN IN CINCY AGAINST BALTIMORE.....OF COURSE HE WANTS TO WIN THE LAST TWO GAMES......ANY COACH THAT WANTS TO LOSE THE LAST TWO GAMES WOULDN"T BE WORTH ANYTHING......Dalton wants to play......AJ GREEN wants to play.....Hill wants to play.....Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict want to play.......NO, THEY ARE NOT SENDING IN THE PRACTICE TEAM.   THIS IS NOT PRESEASON. 

THIS is a TEST of a Coach....No longer in play-off picture, Does the team still play hard, or Do they quit on the Coach....This is when Coaches have to prove they can keep the team together....I saw too many Bengals coaches who didn't and the team was so out of control at seasons end that The Bengals were the joke of all sports. I do not want that now. NO QUIT....They get PAID. Fans PAY MONEY...The NETWORKS PAY MONEY....The Commercials PAY MONEY.....Way too much MONEY and the NFL DOES NOT want teams now sending out their practice squads. It's not good for the NFL, it's NOT GOOD for anybody.....YOU PLAY OUT THE SEASON..,.....This isn't Pee Wee Football, My Word, THIS IS THE NFL. The stars and starters play because teams and TV and too much money being paid for the stars not to play. Look, these bench warmers get the chance in practice all week to show the coach they are worthy. ......Coach Lewis is right to say the goal is to win out and no quit.

This is not Pee Wee Football. We aren't trying to see what the area school has for next year...THIS IS THE NFL.....CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and NFL NETWORK are spending a ton of money and the last thing they want at seasons end is teams benching their starters and these games to look like the awful, awful preseason games. ...The Networks just would not put up with it, nor would NFL Headquarters or Owners or Fans......Why one of the worst teams I ever saw was the Bears with few wins, but Coach Halas and Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus were trying to win to the last game, because it is THE NFL, not pee wee football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Makes zero sense to play to win. He should use these last 2 games as he does preseason games.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh I agree every player on the roster that has not gotten significant PT should be played. Hell put Rey on IR and bring up Dawson from the PS. Anybody else that is gimpy shut them down.

But Marvin worrying about the present should be music to the ears that want him gone. WTS, I've always said when we get worse; it's time for marvin to go. it's time for him to go. Maybe i should start a thread.

The present is not next season. Too bad we didn't bring back Jackson.

I'd even play McCarron to try and raise his trade value at this point. Dalton's been beat up enough this year.

Reply/Quote