Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis
Marvin Lewis is good man,he's done great work in the community,and he's done alot of good for the Bengals..when the news broke last season that Marvin had lost his dad last season I really wanted to see him succeed even more which is why I feel as though Marvin has lost the team..

Personally I like Marvin I don't think as Bengals fans that we appreciate the job this man has done for this franchise enough,with that being said I feel like the time has come Marvin has done all he possibly can..

He was the reason we was able to start getting grade A coaching talent, for about 12 years we couldn't get the Mike zimmers of the world or the Jay grudens to come here as assistants Marvin changed that.

In closing, I am in agreement that marvin shouldn't be head coach next season,even if in the minority I feel like Marvin deserves our respect thru the process I think he's earned at least that much
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin yesterday!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:36 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Marvin Lewis is good man,he's done great work in the community,and  he's done alot of good for the Bengals..when the news broke last season that Marvin had lost his dad last season I really wanted to see him succeed even more which is why I feel as though Marvin has lost the team..

Personally I like Marvin I don't think as Bengals fans that we appreciate the job this man has done for this franchise enough,with that being said I feel like the time has come Marvin has done all he possibly can..

He was the reason we was able  to start getting grade A coaching talent, for about 12 years we couldn't get the Mike zimmers of the world or the Jay grudens to come here as assistants Marvin changed that.

In closing, I am in agreement that marvin shouldn't be head coach next season,even if in the minority I feel like Marvin deserves our respect thru the process I think he's earned at least that much

Well said.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't care how good of a man he is, there have been high school coaches who are good men who get Pearl Harbor'd after more successful tenures. Fire him!
Reply/Quote
That would be classless you wouldn't be able to attract no good coaches for doing such,let the man finish out the season he's earned at least that much
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:47 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: That would be classless you wouldn't be able to attract no good coaches for doing such,let the man finish out the season he's earned at least that much

This is professional football, go coach semi pro brother...go coach semi pro!  I also think the reason some great coordinators came is because they knew new was a joke and maybe they could take over.
Reply/Quote
First learn about the things you're speaking on,Mike zimmer couldn't stop the run in Dallas under parcels he called Marvin for advice on run fits he said himself he's always admired Marvin.
Reply/Quote
In the end its a business, and to succeed you need to win.

No mercy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 03:25 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: In the end its a business, and to succeed you need to win.

No mercy.

It's a correct way to do things and there's an incorrect way to do things.marvin has been a class act since he's been here let's do this as respectable as possible 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:36 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Marvin Lewis is good man,he's done great work in the community,and  he's done alot of good for the Bengals..when the news broke last season that Marvin had lost his dad last season I really wanted to see him succeed even more which is why I feel as though Marvin has lost the team..

He was the reason we was able  to start getting grade A coaching talent, for about 12 years we couldn't get the Mike zimmers of the world or the Jay grudens to come here as assistants Marvin changed that.

You know what he's earned after 7 playoff losses and no wins? A kick in the ass....
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 03:25 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: In the end its a business, and to succeed you need to win.

No mercy.

Unfortunately in Cincy, winning=the Browns raking in cash.  And as shown by almost 26 years of not 1 single playoff win the Browns do not need to win to succeed. 

If only the NFL was structured such that loosing was much, much more costly than winning.  The Bengals might have 20 SB's in that situation.
Reply/Quote
It's an entertainment business and not one in which they produce a tangible product you can take home or buy on the shelf at Walmart.  Marvin is good at organizing the show we all know as football, but the little nuts and bolts of the game itself not so much. If it were almost any other type of business they would have gone bankrupt long ago,  but when the team loses you don't have the option to stand in line to demand a refund or exchange. Look, if an NFL franchise can go 25 years in dead last place and still turn a profit and pay people millions of dollars every year there's no reason to blame the coach for that insanity. That kind of crazy belongs to the league for allowing it to happen in the first place. 

I asked my dad why back in the early 60s he didn't invest every penny he had in an NFL franchise. Back then it could be had for the cost of a car today and the willingness to probably eat live children..who knows? 
Marvin really did give the team a level of respectability it sorely lacked in the 90s, but as many have pointed out its just not going to move forward under Lewis. As an entertainment business where winning v losing really isn't as important as profit then by every other standard the Bengals are a rip roaring success, but if we factor in win/loss  records and playoffs it's another story .  Perhaps instead of worrying about winning and losing we should only worry whether the team is profitable and if that's the only true measure then we should all be estatically happy and not worry who is the head coach. Hell, put a 4th grader who heaves spitwads across the room all day as long as they're profitable . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote