Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Often Deserves ....
(09-30-2016, 02:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Panthers are a bad example.  It took awhile for them to get much better, something that people around here would not be satisfied with.

As for the Broncos, I don't see how they got any better with Kubiak.  Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but they actually had better teams with Fox as their coach.  

I'll do some research, but I can't seem to remember a winning team having much luck the following season after a coaching change.

Yeah, but Fox couldn't bring home the trophy. It really came down to that for the Broncos. They weren't happy with anything but a Super Bowl trophy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
the problem is not just Marvin Lewis, it's Elmer Fudd the owner. We need better position coaches in my opinion but Fudd doesn't like change!

The good coaches Marvin has had, are now elsewhere doing ok! and some players that have wanted to win a SB left the Bengals and some of them did!

I don't believe this team will succeed beyond regular season play until Marvin can rid this organization of the beloved dinosaurs!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It seems like the Broncos just won a SB under their new head coach.

Good Post DingDing Cheers 

And there it is....

The Broncos got rid of John Fox, which would be the same as getting rid of Marvin, Lovie Smith, or some other conservative old fart, and won the Super Bowl the next year.  They have the talent, they needed better game management, and made the move. 

The problem stems from what is actually one of the best characteristics of the Bengals management when it comes to the players:  loyalty.  What other team would have honored Leon Hall's 9.5 million last year?  None.  However, when it comes to coaches, they are loyal to a fault.  Marvin should have been showed the door (or offered a GM-type role at a significant salary with a lot less stress) and Zimmer hired.  Or maybe round 2, with Hue.  That didn't happen, and they missed out on their chance to stay with the same system with a younger, more aggressive mind.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:50 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I said I wouldn't do this, and I should stay out, but here's what also comes into play. Many coaches inherit talent and tweak it into a championship and never have much success AFTERWARD, which is what many said about Jon Gruden AFTER Tony Dingy won a ring. That Gruden was in the right place at right time and just inherited the team Dingy built.

I'm sorry I'm so immature that I laughed at this, but DINGY?  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:03 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Big ML fan.

He has gotten us this far which is a long way from where we were.

The record has greatly improved, the professionalism of the players and organization has greatly improved (leading to more consistancy), the drafting has improved, and the transitioning/development of players have improved and we now are making the playoffs more consistently.

ML has done a great job. We just have to take that next step and win a SB.

It's all here. All the ingredients are here. We just have to put it all together.

If they grind and build to be at their best at the end of the year they can win it all.

Teams that win championships don't make excuses. If something gets in its way, championship teams run over it.(like road kill)

On offense get better at identifying the other teams weaknesses and exploiting the s!@# out of it ,until they stop it.(Belicheck is the king at this)

We are so close to winning a SB, I can smell it. Keep moving forward ,we're close.

Favorite Bengals coaches- Sam Wyche (very innovative and doesn't get the credit) and Marvin Lewis (Building a winning franchise/SB Champion? with integrity/He's a grinder).

ML for President.  WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mrs. Lewis,

Get back in the kitchen and make Marvin his sammich!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 12:03 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Big ML fan.

He has gotten us this far which is a long way from where we were.

The record has greatly improved, the professionalism of the players and organization has greatly improved (leading to more consistancy), the drafting has improved, and the transitioning/development of players have improved and we now are making the playoffs more consistently.

ML has done a great job. We just have to take that next step and win a SB.

It's all here. All the ingredients are here. We just have to put it all together.

If they grind and build to be at their best at the end of the year they can win it all.

Teams that win championships don't make excuses. If something gets in its way, championship teams run over it.(like road kill)

On offense get better at identifying the other teams weaknesses and exploiting the s!@# out of it ,until they stop it.(Belicheck is the king at this)

We are so close to winning a SB, I can smell it. Keep moving forward ,we're close.

Favorite Bengals coaches- Sam Wyche (very innovative and doesn't get the credit) and Marvin Lewis (Building a winning franchise/SB Champion? with integrity/He's a grinder).

ML for President.  WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is 99% me...However, the remaining 1% wants to beat the ever-loving crap out of his golf-clapping, let's go ass.  He simply doesn't have the balls.  I love him for making this team what it has become and I love him for sticking to it and forcing change in the organziation.  He wouldn't be bullied by those like Takeo Spikes or Palmer.  I just wish he had an ounce of aggression.  An ounce.  He honestly has none.  Zero.  Zilch.  
Reply/Quote