Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Sticking With Nugent
(11-22-2016, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But the season is over, what does it matter if we try someone else and they also suck? 

Because Nuge is already under contract, he holds himself accountable, and we tend to stick to or contract agreements.

New kicker next year. 

That said, he has definitely been much less than Nuge this season and that stinks.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as much as I want nugent gone...

Who is better and available.

Given that the bar is the bottom 10% of league kickers, and Nugent makes a pretty good salary for a kicker, virtually anyone they sign is an upgrade.  Toss in the fact that Nugent sucks at kick offs, and really, anyone in the weekly tryout rotation is better.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Stephen ***** Hawking would be better at this point.

At least we'd have an opportunity to learn something neat about the universe and shit.

And would have roughly the same odds of seeing a touchback or a made field goal from 40+
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I really thought i would get on here today and see that someone finally got fired or cut. WTH was I thinking. How freakin hard is it to find a kicker? its not like 20 are drafted every year. I know most are UDFA's with all the schools there is no kicker out there better than Nuge. Amazing...Hell we could have brought one back from England.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Per Jay Morrison's twitter, he says "Marvin says gave it a lot of thought and team is moving forward with Nugent"

Also, here's some fun stats about Nugent and why this is a stupid idea.

Nugent ranks 30th in extra point percentage with 86.4%
Nugent ranks 26th in field goal percentage with 76.2%
0-3 from 50+ yards

If he "gave it a lot of thought" then Nuge wouln't be a Bengal today, who does he think he's fooling?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:30 AM)phil413 Wrote: If he "gave it a lot of thought" then Nuge wouln't be a Bengal today, who does he think he's fooling?   Hilarious

Maybe "gave it a lot of thought" was code for hitting the bottle hard.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. Surprising. Marvin never sticks with his trusty old vets.

I heard he mentioned something about getting an extension done with Bodine and Peko too.

Don't even joke about that....
Reply/Quote
GTFO!!!!!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as much as I want nugent gone...

Who is better and available.

Not only this, but suppose Nug works his way out of this down the stretch.  I mean, what is it going to harm during the season?  Nothing.  Because they all suck. 
Reply/Quote
Because he's not worked this out over the last three seasons and is only getting worse. Who's better and available isn't an answer; anyone is is better, ANYONE.

you could replace him with me for nothing I'd show up to kick for a chance to be on the field with these guys and go 0/2 on extra points. Hell I might even make one; I hit from 35 in high school
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe someone who shows good enough that he is our kicker next year. 

Steelers were forced to find a guy off the street last year and have a new starting kicker. 

Nugent is a lame duck. He will probably be out of the league next year. 

Nugent is staying because his salary is guaranteed. And that is about the only reason.

This.  This and almost exclusively THIS.  I do not believe it is a Marvin decision.  This is coming straight from the caprice car phone. 
Reply/Quote
Face it guys the only reason why Nugent still has a job is because Mike Brown is too ***** cheap to pay another kicker a full salary for the rest of this season

Bottom Line > Accountability
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Did Marvin just say "playoff run"

really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
First off, none of us know who is better out there. Personally, I don't have a database of all the former college/free agent kickers looking for work. Or the CFL guys for that matter. When you've got a guy who ranks at the bottom of the league for both field goals and extra points, plus has a weak leg on kick offs, it is not difficult to imagine there might be someone out there who is at least slightly better...

Real question is, does he get invited to camp next year? Does he sign a new contract during the off season??
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:31 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This.  This and almost exclusively THIS.  I do not believe it is a Marvin decision.  This is coming straight from the caprice car phone. 

Agreed.

Your profile picture is beyond disturbing by the way.
Reply/Quote
At this point in the season, I really don't care if Nugent is kept for the rest of the season. There are not really any better kickers out there that the Bengals would trust. It also will be very difficult for the Bengals to win the division or a wildcard spot anyway. Season is done. Let Nugent stay here to cost the Bengals more games and get a better draft pick.

Now, if Nugent is a Bengal in 2017 (or even Marvin Lewis for that matter), that's when it will be unjustified.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 12:19 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Agreed.

Your profile picture is beyond disturbing by the way.

Get used to it buddy.  Going to be staring at that mug for a long time. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: cbd4c08109389b309ca15ec5a8e1fbe9.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:36 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Get used to it buddy.  Going to be staring at that mug for a long time. 

That face proves that marrying for money still is happening.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Per Jay Morrison's twitter, he says "Marvin says gave it a lot of thought and team is moving forward with Nugent"

Also, here's some fun stats about Nugent and why this is a stupid idea.

Nugent ranks 30th in extra point percentage with 86.4%
Nugent ranks 26th in field goal percentage with 76.2%
0-3 from 50+ yards

Of course he is.  And he'll stick with Zampese.  And Brown will stick with Marvin.     And they can all blame the fans for Nugent's poor performance because we're "giving him a hard time"  
Reply/Quote