Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin and Hue
Hue was great with Dalton.

It is my understanding though that he gave Dalton free rein to audible into any play in the playbook for the first time in his career. Andy proved more than worthy of reading NFL defenses and achieving this. This was not the case with McCarron and is why you hear "game manager" mentioned a lot.

Think Hue should have taken this job. Maybe if there were several teams calling he may have chosen to leave division out of courtesy. But only one was offering and he should have absolutely taken it.

But if he does not do it in Cleveland he may become an assistant for life. Good luck to him.

Besides, he let us rape Oakland in the Carson trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:41 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is the nature of the business, and I'm certain there are no hard feelings between Marvin and Hue.  Marvin had to know, and support, that Hue would take another shot at being a Head Coach when it was offered.

If he didn't, what's the worst he'd do? Made a slight frowny face before giving some of those signature motivational claps and then giggling and moving on?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:30 PM)McC Wrote: Well, considering Mike doesn't really do any meddling any more, what do you think?

The owner of the Browns has 20 years of incompetent meddling left before he wises up?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The owner of the Browns has 20 years of incompetent meddling left before he wises up?
Better late than never, right?  That puts us miles ahead of Cleveland, whose owner doesn't seem to be near that tipping point yet.

You seem to be in full argumentative mode so I'm gonna just let this one go.  You can argue the merits of the Browns with somebody else.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying Hue is going to turn the Browns around, but I don't understand how you can think Hue is nuts for taking a HC position with a crap team but also have a signature featuring a coordinator who left the almighty Bengals to take over a 5-win team that was in QB limbo.

You are comparing the Vikings to the Browns and all you can say is the Vikings were a 5 win team in QB limbo? LOL

The difference between a crap team and a crap franchise.
  • Vikings have had 5 playoff appearances since the Browns last went in 2002.
  • Vikings have won their division 7 times since the Browns last won theirs in 1989 when the AFC Central was still around.
  • Vikings have been to 4 Super Bowls and the Browns have been to 0.

The Browns aren't in the middle of a trend of going downward they've been at the bottom for decades and we all know it goes beyond just the wins and losses. Their front office is a joke and haven't given a coach a chance in years. Theres a reason why Mike Pettine came out of nowhere for the Browns job last time. It's because the choices are much slimmer when you fire your coaches as often as they do. Do I need to find the stat that shows how many starting QBs they've had?

Honestly though I feel like I have to explain this to someone who doesn't follow the Bengals if you don't know why the Browns are a much worse franchise compared to Vikings.
Maybe it's time to take off the poo colored glasses? Or do we wanna spin this back to the Bengals front office somehow?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The owner of the Browns has 20 years of incompetent meddling left before he wises up?

Maybe 20 years in the federal joint... 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hue: Marv, I need a QB I can work with up here.

Marv: You know what my asking price is. And I'll throw in a job for you when they fire you as a bonus.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: Better late than never, right?  That puts us miles ahead of Cleveland, whose owner doesn't seem to be near that tipping point yet.

You seem to be in full argumentative mode so I'm gonna just let this one go.  You can argue the merits of the Browns with somebody else.

You seem to think I think the Browns aren't terrible.  I'm just arguing that the Bengals might not be awesome enough to justify players and coaches refusing to seek promotions with the Browns.  Hue would rather be a HC with the Browns than an OC with the Bengals and Marvin Jones MIGHT want to be a #1 WR with the Browns rather than the #2 here.  Is that so crazy?

AJ McCarron is going to leave in 2 years to be a starting QB somewhere that probably doesn't have as good a shot at winning the Super Bowl as we do.  Lots of people in the NFL have this thing that makes them want to be at the top of the pile, even if they have to go elsewhere to do it.  As a born loser myself, I envy backup QBs who sit the bench and never take a snap all year.  Best job ever, right?  But backup QBs only make it to that level if they have a burning desire to be on the field and NOT getting paid to just stand there and hold a clipboard.

People want promotions.  If getting promoted to the Browns is career suicide then it is still up to the individual to decide that.  I think the Browns stink, but I also think people overestimate how much players and coaches should want to stand in the shadows in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You seem to think I think the Browns aren't terrible.  I'm just arguing that the Bengals might not be awesome enough to justify players and coaches refusing to seek promotions with the Browns.  Hue would rather be a HC with the Browns than an OC with the Bengals and Marvin Jones MIGHT want to be a #1 WR with the Browns rather than the #2 here.  Is that so crazy?

AJ McCarron is going to leave in 2 years to be a starting QB somewhere that probably doesn't have as good a shot at winning the Super Bowl as we do.  Lots of people in the NFL have this thing that makes them want to be at the top of the pile, even if they have to go elsewhere to do it.  As a born loser myself, I envy backup QBs who sit the bench and never take a snap all year.  Best job ever, right?  But backup QBs only make it to that level if they have a burning desire to be on the field and NOT getting paid to just stand there and hold a clipboard.

People want promotions.  If getting promoted to the Browns is career suicide then it is still up to the individual to decide that.  I think the Browns stink, but I also think people overestimate how much players and coaches should want to stand in the shadows in Cincinnati.

How nice would it have been to be Gary Kubiak??  Back up Elway, make millions, get a couple Super Bowl rings, no real damage to your body, and basically learn to be a coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HUE:  I got fired after leading the Raiders to the best season they've had in 12 years!

MARVIN:  You think that's bad?  I got an extension after going 4-12!

*END SCENE*

Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote