Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin and the Ravens.
(09-24-2015, 01:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals have always been solid against the Ravens under Marvin Lewis. There's been a few lulls here and there, but the Bengals look like they have their number again.

They've always owned Joe Flacco (69.6 rating, 13 TD's to 18 INTs) and Dalton - who used to struggle against the Ravens - posted a 94.7 rating against them last year. Obviously Dalton's initial struggles contributed to some of those early losses.

Now that Dalton is playing well against them while Flacco continues to struggle, I'm pretty optimistic that we'll at least split with them. Another sweep is a strong possibility as long as we stay healthy.

That's pretty much how I see it.  Sure they are going to come out fighting for their lives.  Hell, we should be just as worked up to eliminate them from contention for the division.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:17 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's pretty much how I see it.  Sure they are going to come out fighting for their lives.  Hell, we should be just as worked up to eliminate them from contention for the division.  

Should be. That's what I'm interested to see.

This is the type of game that should be included in "big games" when people say that we've had issues in the past with primetime and big games. Going into Baltimore and putting the Ravens to an 0-3 start is probably a bigger deal than the difference between us at 2-1 or 3-0. I'll be very impressed if the team is ready to play and keeps it up for a full 4 quarters.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Should be. That's what I'm interested to see.

This is the type of game that should be included in "big games" when people say that we've had issues in the past with primetime and big games. Going into Baltimore and putting the Ravens to an 0-3 start is probably a bigger deal than the difference between us at 2-1 or 3-0. I'll be very impressed if the team is ready to play and keeps it up for a full 4 quarters.

IMO, this team has won lots of big games that weren't on a national stage.

They knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs two years in row essentially. Neither were prime-time games. They have a 14-10 record against the Ravens and most of those game were arguably as big or bigger stakes, when the Ravens actually had a competent team.

They've won plenty of games that people considered bigger than a week 3 matchup against an 0-2 Ravens team. The problem seems to revolve almost entirely around games in the national spotlight.

People found reasons to worry about the Raiders and Chargers games and I was confident we'd win. I feel the same way here. Even if we somehow manage to lose, I'm fully confident that this team will scrap the whole way. I don't foresee a prime-time type of performance coming.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:17 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's pretty much how I see it.  Sure they are going to come out fighting for their lives.  Hell, we should be just as worked up to eliminate them from contention for the division.  

Completely agree.  The Ravens staring out 0-3 basically ends their season, which leaves the Bengals fighting with Pittsburgh for the division.  There has been a problem in the past with the team coming out kind of "flat" in big games.  Although this is not primetime or the playoffs, it is a big game.  I think this game will show how much the team has matured and if the coaching staff is able to get them "up" for big games.

Going into Baltimore and beating them with all that is at stake would be huge for this team.
Reply/Quote
Smaller sample size, but I feel like the Dalton era Bengals have faired better against the Ravens then Carson's teams did. Could be a number of things... Maybe this team is better and the Ravens are on the downslope.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:55 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote:   There has been a problem in the past with the team coming out kind of "flat" in big games.  Although this is not primetime or the playoffs, it is a big game.  I think this game will show how much the team has matured and if the coaching staff is able to get them "up" for big games.

Going into Baltimore and beating them with all that is at stake would be huge for this team.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote