Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin at it again, basically throwing Ross under the bus
Lewis claims Ross hid his injury.....Sure Marvin keep spewing lies

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/07/marvin-lewis-john-ross-concealed-shoulder-injury-from-the-bengals/amp/#click=https://t.co/Exa6FySCLj
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Marvin had always been a bit snarky... But man, this year he's really become a cynical, lying d**chebag.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I don't feel like that's Marvin throwing him under the bus. I think he was being open and honest in an interview. I can't have that both ways. I mean, I hate it when he's clammed up and basic or boring so at least expanding a bit on the situation is fine for me.

What he did in chewing the kid out and then blasting him again in a presser was BS.

I don't think Marvin is lying about this.
Reply/Quote
looking for excuses to explain 2-14 record against Steelers in Cincinnati
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't we be mad at Ross for hiding his...

Oh whatever Marv is a dirtbag!
Reply/Quote
Why would Marvin lie about the guy concealing his injury?

I mean we know Ross is getting surgery. What benefit would Marvin have to lie about it?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would Marvin lie about the guy concealing his injury?

I mean we know Ross is getting surgery. What benefit would Marvin have to lie about it?

Get with the program...after the miserable 2010 season the plan was the blame the players 100% and after the miserable 2017 season the plan is to blame the coaches 100%.  Marvin is a sack of crap who refuses to play rookies.  The fact that Ross has injured his knee and both shoulders this season despite being involved in a grand total of 2 snaps is completely irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
I would be pissed at Ross too.

Ross missed his rookie offseason due to injury. He had trouble picking up thr offense. Now we find out he's concealed an injury through most of the year that requires surgery. It could impact his sophomore offseason...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Get with the program...after the miserable 2010 season the plan was the blame the players 100% and after the miserable 2017 season the plan is to blame the coaches 100%.  Marvin is a sack of crap who refuses to play rookies.  The fact that Ross has injured his knee and both shoulders this season despite being involved in a grand total of 2 snaps is completely irrelevant.

Yes! As is the fact that Josh Malone, Mixon, Lawson, and Willis play!
Reply/Quote
Well that was a dumb decision by Ross. I have zero reason to believe Marvin is lying. Lots of pressure from being a 1st round pick, and I'm sure Ross was trying to just get on the field. Is he Mr Glass? Time will tell. But he obviously really wants to play
Reply/Quote
So when all is said and done he will have had surgery on both knees and both shoulders.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah...
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So when all is said and done he will have had surgery on both knees and both shoulders.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah...

I can't remember this ever happening to a high pick this early in their career.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:30 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Shouldn't we be mad at Ross for hiding his...

Oh whatever Marv is a dirtbag!

right now its marvins fault a player was hiding a injury people are clueless...
Reply/Quote
Guess we just have to hope that the Ross situation works out like WJ3 did.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So when all is said and done he will have had surgery on both knees and both shoulders.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah...

Is he trying to be Gronk?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
None of this is on Ross. The collective gasp from fans and announcers when his name was called at pick 9 tells it all. He was undraftable and off majority of the boards. Everyone (but the Bengals) knew he was a walking injury and unlikely to contribute in the NFL.

Let's face it. Fans got on board after the pick cause that what we do, but he was even off our "boards" heading into draft night. If we knew, pundits new, fans of other teams knew, then Marvin and the FO is the only ones to blame for this blunder.

Worse is we need another wideout picked early. As even after the hype of our young wideouts we still after 2 years have nothing outside of AJ.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: DumpsterFire2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes! As is the fact that Josh Malone, Mixon, Lawson, and Willis play!

Not enough...not when MJ gets the majority of work at RDE, when Lafell is still on the field for 95% of plays, when Hill still started all season before injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: None of this is on Ross. The collective gasp from fans and announcers when his name was called at pick 9 tells it all. He was undraftable and off majority of the boards. Everyone (but the Bengals) knew he was a walking injury and unlikely to contribute in the NFL.

Let's face it. Fans got on board after the pick cause that what we do, but he was even off our "boards" heading into draft night. If we knew, pundits new, fans of other teams knew, then Marvin and the FO is the only ones to blame for this blunder.

Worse is we need another wideout picked early. As even after the hype of our young wideouts we still after 2 years have nothing outside of AJ.

don't know where you get that he wouldn't have made it out of the first round.
Reply/Quote