Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin clears the air with Coach Speak
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/9/15583764/coach-talk-marvin-lewis-at-it-again-with-rookie-minicamp-press-conference

Please read this short article by Scott Schultze, CincyJungle. His interpretations of what ML "meant" are funny or sad.

Hilarious Sad
Reply/Quote
If that's the best article Scott Schultz can write, perhaps he should stop submitting articles......
Reply/Quote
I believe this is in the top 10 of the worst articles ever. What a douchebag!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOL

I guess it went over the writers head that there is very little to dissect in these press conferences. He's just wasting his time. Not to mention he can't seem to write without coming across like a dick.
Reply/Quote
A lot of reaching by the writer...
Reply/Quote
I read it and can categorically say that's about 2 minutes of my life pretty much wasted that I'll never get back. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: I read it and can categorically say that's about 2 minutes of my life pretty much wasted that I'll never get back. 

It's Cincyjungle, what were you expecting?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 12:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A lot of reaching by the writer...

The worst of which were the comments about Marvin not wanting Ross to run a 40 yard dash against Hamilton.

I'll bet in under 5 minutes I could find half a dozen examples from just this year alone where college players had hamstring injuries from training for or running the 40 at the combine/pro day.

No coach in the league would allow anything like that, yet this guy lets the hate flow strong against Marvin for this.
Reply/Quote
Was this guy drinking, when he wrote that?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
StripeHype.com is the way to go fellas...

(Jk jk ... Although I do write for them)
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
1. It's May, there's nothing to talk about.
2. According to CJ regulars, these articles are part of a series of satire articles.

It is bad, even for satire, but some of you are taking it as something serious.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I can see how this Schults guy would be a hero to a certain group of posters around here.

Right now, any TE that can stay healthy for 16 games would be a hero to a lot of posters around here.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 05:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It is bad, even for satire, but some of you are taking it as something serious.

There is nothing to indicate that this article was supposed to be satire.  Satire is supposed to be clever and/or funny but this article sounds exactly like the things many people post here as the 100% truth.

Sometimes I WISH some of the posts made around here were satire, but sadly they are not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 09:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is nothing to indicate that this article was supposed to be satire.  Satire is supposed to be clever and/or funny but this article sounds exactly like the things many people post here as the 100% truth.

Sometimes I WISH some of the posts made around here were satire, but sadly they are not.

As I said, multiple CJ regulars said it was a satire article and one in a series. Don't take my word for it, just scroll into the comment section and let THEIR people explain it to you. I'd say they know more about their home site than you or I. 

I agree about wishing some posts/posters were satirical though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 01:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As I said, multiple CJ regulars said it was a satire article and one in a series. Don't take my word for it, just scroll into the comment section and let THEIR people explain it to you. I'd say they know more about their home site than you or I. 

I agree about wishing some posts/posters were satirical though. 

My point was that you can not blame anyone here for taking this as serious instead of satire because it sounds exactly like the stuff people post here.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My point was that you can not blame anyone here for taking this as serious instead of satire because it sounds exactly like the stuff people post here.

I can absolutely blame people for jumping to foolish conclusions about a CJ article just so they can have an excuse to rip an imaginary group of posters on here.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can absolutely blame people for jumping to foolish conclusions about a CJ article just so they can have an excuse to rip an imaginary group of posters on here.

"Imaginary"?

Really?

Want to play a little game?  I post a quote and you (without cheating) tell me if it is from Schults story or from this message board.

Sound like fun?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Imaginary"?

Really?

Want to play a little game?  I post a quote and you (without cheating) tell me if it is from Schults story or from this message board.

Sound like fun?

Is that game as fun as the one where you pretend everyone that says something negative is a "hater" that always bashes everything Bengals?

If so, count me out. Your games are pretty lame.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Imaginary"?

Really?

Sound like fun?
I get it.  You're being satirical, right?  You must be because no one is really as arrogant as you pretend to be.  Good one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What a fun sounding game. I can only imagine the Saturday night games played.

Stephen king should get busy on his follow up book "Fred's Game"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote