Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin has to go
(11-19-2018, 09:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Look at my ranking compared to yours im vip, you got 4 stars HA nobody likes you

I'm really happy for you turnip.   Rock On
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: BengalsTurnip has to go.  Ninja  

[Image: 2xOvRJE.jpg]

That's funny as hell!  That one belongs in the post HOF.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m an optimistic fan. I believe a window still exists for this current team to make a run at it for maybe 3 more years, definitely two. Call me crazy.

With that in mind, & given the fact that Marvin probably returns next season, the best we can hope for is Hue is retained & Vance Joseph becomes available. I’d give that staff one more chance in all honesty. Hue & Marvin work well together & I’d be hopeful Vance does too. I’d take Jack DR too. That’s all I got I guess.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’m an optimistic fan. I believe a window still exists for this current team to make a run at it for maybe 3 more years, definitely two. Call me crazy.

With that in mind, & given the fact that Marvin probably returns next season, the best we can hope for is Hue is retained & Vance Joseph becomes available. I’d give that staff one more chance in all honesty. Hue & Marvin work well together & I’d be hopeful Vance does too. I’d take Jack DR too. That’s all I got I guess.
Yeah i guess id give that a chance too as long as lazor is outta here. Marvin really needs to keep his nose out of the offense,and he trusts hues coaching. Im already looking towards next year,because the coaches are so dumb here we arent winning nothing .
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’m an optimistic fan. I believe a window still exists for this current team to make a run at it for maybe 3 more years, definitely two. Call me crazy.

How? Explain how you see that happening?

I see a team with maybe 5-6 good players. We'd need about 5-6 of our scrubs to develop into high quality players.
Reply/Quote
We’ve got two very good receivers, with potential in a 3rd & a capable QB. We’ve got two very dangerous RB’s. We need a coupla maulers up front.
Any decent OC can get this unit (with a coupla moves up front) into scoring position a good amount. I think they should look into keeping Hopkins at Center and move Price to G.

On defense, we’re really only a stud LBer away (easier said than done, I get it). Vigil can play & I bet he’d be even better with a real MLBer next to him. Our Safeties have the potential to be the best in the game if used right. Our comers have talent too with Jackson having potential elite talent if last year wasn’t a fluke (& we can give him the benefit of doubt currently, given the dismay of the whole unit).

So on paper, this team can get it done; it’s what all the optimism was about heading into week 6.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:14 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: We’ve got two very good receivers, with potential in a 3rd & a capable QB. We’ve got two very dangerous RB’s. We need a coupla maulers up front.
Any decent OC can get this unit (with a coupla moves up front) into scoring position a good amount. I think they should look into keeping Hopkins at Center and move Price to G.

On defense, we’re really only a stud LBer away (easier said than done, I get it). Vigil can play & I bet he’d be even better with a real MLBer next to him. Our Safeties have the potential to be the best in the game if used right. Our comers have talent too with Jackson having potential elite talent if last year wasn’t a fluke (& we can give him the benefit of doubt currently, given the dismay of the whole unit).

So on paper, this team can get it done; it’s what all the optimism was about heading into week 6.

This team always sells me fools gold and sets me up for dissapointment. I bought in at the beginning,i thought the offense looked like it could be elite. We have studs on offense , green, mixon,eifert when healthy and tyler boyd looks like houshmanzadeh cloned. Plus had ross out there scaring defenses. Then injuries happened. This is to be expected every year and marvin and coaches arent good when this happens. Even hue , scaled it way back when mccaron took over. 

Then i start to see the big flaws, coaching doesnt stick with running game, they got rid of our good fullback/tight end its always single back or shotgun. No creative play calling. Qb is average. Nothing great about him. If he plays really well it doesnt last long,his best games are usually in october. Couldnt get ross in the game plan they didnt trust him and still really dont. You need atleast 3 good receiving targets like 2015 thats what we had. Thats what we had at the beginning of the year. Bengals do not seek guys in free agency to help, i was hoping they would even when green was healthy. We needed that 3rd guy. Even when green comes back i bet they do not target ross much. 

Its on the coaching staff to get guys involved. They should know to run mixon and hes our 2nd best guy on offense. Not to mention gio isnt that good anymore. Hes always stopped, hes still a ok receiving option. After gio it drops more,why we stuck with that guy i dont know,i feel like he was a wasted pick when we had better in brian hill and tre carson. Tight ends i dont think they use enough. Uzomah is pretty decent now but they dont go to him often. Jordan franks looked good on his 1 catch then they bench him. 

The defense i feel was our weakness this year but it still could create turnovers and didnt use the right lb's plus vontaze isnt the same,if he was then even better defense. 

The problem is like always,from top down,owner, coaches , qb. Them are your main components to a team. The coaches determine who you draft and who plays,and calling plays,and do they fight for calls. Qb is the most important position on a team. Linebackers are about as important as a qb. In the playoffs watch what you see out of the coaches,qb's ,and linebackers. Im guessing itll be the two star studded qbs in the playoffs with great coaching. Saints vs pats. I dont know who will win. It could also be saints vs kc. I think pitt probably makes it to the afc championship since thats goodels team and they got the refs. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hue is the worst coach in NFL history. He will not be an upgrade over Marvin. That is your frustration speaking.

It is time for Marvin to go, but that doesn't mean Marvin is a terrible coach. Marvin is a good coach in a very precarious situation. He is limited in what he can do because of Mike Brown. The team is understaffed (IIRC, they are dead last in total team staff.) While I agree that Marvin needs to go, Mike Brown needs to go ASAP. Many top coaches would struggle here given what they have available to them. The whole culture needs to change.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:04 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This team always sells me fools gold and sets me up for dissapointment. I bought in at the beginning,i thought the offense looked like it could be elite. We have studs on offense , green, mixon,eifert when healthy and tyler boyd looks like houshmanzadeh cloned. Plus had ross out there scaring defenses. Then injuries happened. This is to be expected every year and marvin and coaches arent good when this happens. Even hue , scaled it way back when mccaron took over. 

Then i start to see the big flaws, coaching doesnt stick with running game, they got rid of our good fullback/tight end its always single back or shotgun. No creative play calling. Qb is average. Nothing great about him. If he plays really well it doesnt last long,his best games are usually in october. Couldnt get ross in the game plan they didnt trust him and still really dont. You need atleast 3 good receiving targets like 2015 thats what we had. Thats what we had at the beginning of the year. Bengals do not seek guys in free agency to help, i was hoping they would even when green was healthy. We needed that 3rd guy. Even when green comes back i bet they do not target ross much. 

Its on the coaching staff to get guys involved. They should know to run mixon and hes our 2nd best guy on offense. Not to mention gio isnt that good anymore. Hes always stopped, hes still a ok receiving option. After gio it drops more,why we stuck with that guy i dont know,i feel like he was a wasted pick when we had better in brian hill and tre carson. Tight ends i dont think they use enough. Uzomah is pretty decent now but they dont go to him often. Jordan franks looked good on his 1 catch then they bench him. 

The defense i feel was our weakness this year but it still could create turnovers and didnt use the right lb's plus vontaze isnt the same,if he was then even better defense. 

The problem is like always,from top down,owner, coaches , qb. Them are your main components to a team. The coaches determine who you draft and who plays,and calling plays,and do they fight for calls. Qb is the most important position on a team. Linebackers are about as important as a qb. In the playoffs watch what you see out of the coaches,qb's ,and linebackers. Im guessing itll be the two star studded qbs in the playoffs with great coaching. Saints vs pats. I dont know who will win. It could also be saints vs kc. I think pitt probably makes it to the afc championship since thats goodels team and they got the refs. 

We’re the second youngest team in the league with good, dare I say budding young star(s). The window is still open for this team. I’ve said if they don’t do anything this year, they’re gonna surprise a lot next year, even with Marvin (although I’d welcome a new coach).
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
The so called young budding stars will be just enough to cover for the past budding stars that are now older or gone.

If anyone cannot see this is groundhog day....
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to catch up.  Ross has admitted that he wasn't properly prepared last year and he was also hiding an injury from the coaches.

As for Marvin being gone I said the same thing at the end of last year.  But saying you would take "anyone" over him is pretty stupid.  Marvin has won more than he has lost against other NFL coaches while having the handicap of working with the worst owner in the league.  Marvin could not get this franchise over the hump but he is better than many NFL coaches.  We are in the top half of the league in wins since he arrived and only 8 teams have made the playoffs more often than us.  

I too want Marvin to retire,he is a horrible coach of men.He thinks he is teaching a highschool band how to march before the real men take the field.But until all of us write a ton of letters to front office,text them,e-mail them,tweet them and have our president call the bengals a national disgrace and disaster.We are stuck with the worse sports franchise in history and no one will want to get drafted and come here this april during the draft and a lot of our good players,which is very few,are going to bale come reup time. This whole thing is just so insane you cannot make this crap up.How in crap can you keep this up,I have heard this saying for 16 years from marvin:::WE JUST HAVE TO BE BETTER,WE HAVE TO TACKLE BETTER,OUR COACHES NEED TO TEACH BETTER,OUR PLAYERS HAVE TO WORK HARDER.AND Autden Tate will be a star somewhere and he needs to be on the field all game.The guy is a GAME-CHANGER and marvin is just too stupid to realize this.WHAT A SHAME THIS TEAM REALLY IS. And we were led by the media that covers this team that they were a super bowl caliber team.AND who brought Terrly Austin here,why it was old marvin himself,and why doesn't the front office hold this man accountable for this insanity???????? Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: At this point all I think our GM worries about is having a solid #2.  

[Image: 27c02174-dc14-4d17-9792-781ec5066025_text.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This team used to be a laughing stock year round. Now, thanks to Marvin it is *only* a luaghingb stock during prime time games and playoffs. Progress of a sort but nothing to clap about.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote