Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is Back thru 2019
Dam, I officially give up. Best of luck Bengals fans.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This video seems fitting here.....

Just change the direction of all this hate from Frank Shirley to Mike Brown

Almost perfect. Just need to change the last line to," where's the bong & a FN Xanax!!"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:54 AM)McC Wrote: Gee, where could that ever come from?

People taking this silly stand just don't understand the process.  As a fan of this circus, venting is a necessary evil.   Only the new arrivals and the clueless don't get this.

So, eat Mike's crap if you want.  That's your right.  Passing judgment on others is not.

So implying I am "clueless" is not passing judgement on me and others? Talk about pot calling the kettle black...........too funny.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:26 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: So implying I am "clueless" is not passing judgement on me and others? Talk about pot calling the kettle black...........too funny.

Maybe you are a new arrival??
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:26 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: So implying I am "clueless" is not passing judgement on me and others? Talk about pot calling the kettle black...........too funny.

I was stating the fact the either you don't get it or you're new.  You chose your own category.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I texted some friends this morning and said, "Marvin resigned with the Bengals." Response was, "it's about time. He needed to go." So I replied, "I meant re-signed." Response was, "oh shit!"

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe you are a new arrival??

To this Board, yes. However, started following the Bengals when my Dad took me to games at Nippert Stadium in 1968. The Bengals have given some of my greatest memories with family and friends; Freezer Bowl, two Super Bowls, "Who Dey" inception, great players, great wins, Sam Wyche's "Cleveland Meltdown", Ickey Shuffle, etc., etc., etc. They are still a fun source of entertainment for me and, while they had a lackluster year, the Bengals still had as good a record, or better, than many historical powerhouses such as the Packers, Redskins, Raiders, Dolphins, 49ers, Bears and Giants.

Been through many lean years but will always enjoy watching the men in stripes, win or lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: I was stating the fact the either you don't get it or you're new.  You chose your own category.

Yes, because only you "get it."

And, yes, new to this Board but have been going to games since John Stofa was running for his life at Nippert Stadium.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:15 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yes, because only you "get it."

And, yes, new to this Board but have been going to games since John Stofa was running for his life at Nippert Stadium.

Not only me.  Just the vast majority.  I'm sorry if you don't understand the group dynamic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wasn't that supposed to happen with Hue? So what...we have to find a perfect in-house replacement candidate, and hope that he isn't plucked from the staff before Marv's contract expires? Or hope that Marv is in the mood to hand over the keys? Seems hopeless. If we win, coaches will be plucked. If we lose, we won't want the in-house candidates.

Pretty much, although I think hue left because he knew Marvin was staying several more years. And, like you said, it creates that same problem. If we find someone mike feels comfortable with, there’s a good chance that person is going elsewhere before Marvin hangs things up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:58 PM)McC Wrote: Not only me.  Just the vast majority.  I'm sorry if you don't understand the group dynamic.

Understand the group dynamic? How narcissistic of you.

Guess I'm glad I am not in the "vast majority." We all know the majority is always right.

Happy trails.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Understand the group dynamic? How narcissistic of you.

Guess I'm glad I am not in the "vast majority." We all know the majority is always right.

Happy trails.

And passive aggressive too.  Go figure.  You keep saying goodby yet you don't leave. Yet another dynamic you don't understand.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:48 PM)McC Wrote: And passive aggressive too.  Go figure.  You keep saying goodby yet you don't leave.  Yet another dynamic you don't understand.

Sorry, never said I was leaving. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:57 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Sorry, never said I was leaving. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I know what happy trails means, which you apparently don't.  Just go on a keep proving me right about you.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:11 PM)McC Wrote: I know what happy trails means, which you apparently don't.  Just go on a keep proving me right about you.

English

Noun
happy trails
  1. plural of happy trail
Interjection
happy trails!
  1. An expression of good wishes for somebody's future: best wishes, good luck. quotations ▼
Keep trying little man. You are bound to get something right.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:15 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: English

Noun
happy trails

1. plural of happy trail
Interjection
happy trails!

1. An expression of good wishes for somebody's future: best wishes, good luck. quotations ▼
Keep trying little man. You are bound to get something right.

In other words, goodbye.  Are you really this dense?  It must be an act.  And I've seen enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:23 PM)McC Wrote: In other words, goodbye.  Are you really this dense?  It must be an act.  And I've seen enough.

Maybe you need to do some reading on synonyms.
Reply/Quote