Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conf. 1/3/18 (live updates)
(01-03-2018, 06:51 PM)thillan Wrote: Haha, I'm still waiting to see. Actions speak louder than words. If they at least show signs of playing more in FA, I'll feel much better about them. 

I think a lot of the disconnect comes from the way fans view FA versus the way the organization does.

To us, being active in FA means looking at outside players to fill holes.
To the org, being active in FA means resigning the guys you know at contracts you know are worth the money.

I think what Marvin would've liked to see is the Bengals having signed Marvin or Sanu instead of bringing in Boyd or Ross through the draft. And I think that's what we'll see more of. And that's not all bad. Marvin probably would've preferred to keep Whit and keep Og (or whoever) on the bench for 3-4 years before getting him into the rotation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the word on Marvin's Word of the Day Calendar was Nebulous.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:12 PM)Benton Wrote: I think a lot of the disconnect comes from the way fans view FA versus the way the organization does.

To us, being active in FA means looking at outside players to fill holes.
To the org, being active in FA means resigning the guys you know at contracts you know are worth the money.

I think what Marvin would've liked to see is the Bengals having signed Marvin or Sanu instead of bringing in Boyd or Ross through the draft. And I think that's what we'll see more of. And that's not all bad. Marvin probably would've preferred to keep Whit and keep Og (or whoever) on the bench for 3-4 years before getting him into the rotation.

If that is the case Marv is mostly right, but MLJ is injured all the time and wanted to be a #1, Mo has looked good in
Atlanta but still he is paid a lot. Should of definately kept Whit, this is for damn sure. But i still don't like him not playing
Ross cause he didn't like the pick. You roll with what you got and Ross has major skills this team needs when healthy.
Reply/Quote