Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is Back thru 2019
(01-02-2018, 08:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I encourage everyone to stop buying Bengal tickets and instead buy tickets for UC's football or basketball teams, Xavier's basketball team,  FC Cincinnati or the Reds,

All of those organizations are trying to be excellent. They all hold people accountable for failure.

Mike Brown does not care about the fans, the community, trying to be the best or anything other than staying in his ancient comfort zone and providing a good living for his children, their spouses and others in his family -including Marv and Paul Alexander.

Stop investing anything in this sorry and ungrateful organization who will be leaving when lease expires.

As much as I love the Reds, I think you can take them off the list of trying to be excellent. They're going hard on the Bengals over-involved owner/nepotism route. Making contracts based off the owner's friendship with players, and they push Walt Jocketty into an "advisory" position to keep flak off him while letting him hire all his buddies who failed being GMs elsewhere, and hire as the "new GM" the son of one of the owners. Combine it with refusing to play the young talented guys so washed up guys can keep playing, and keeping their awful Manager in Bryan Price, and the Reds are basically Bengals 2.0 these days.

Time to be a soccer and college sport fan in Cincinnati.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I encourage everyone to stop buying Bengal tickets and instead buy tickets for UC's football or basketball teams, Xavier's basketball team,  FC Cincinnati or the Reds,

All of those organizations are trying to be excellent. They all hold people accountable for failure.

Mike Brown does not care about the fans, the community, trying to be the best or anything other than staying in his ancient comfort zone and providing a good living for his children, their spouses and others in his family -including Marv and Paul Alexander.

Stop investing anything in this sorry and ungrateful organization who will be leaving when lease expires.

Those cheap ***** aren't leaving one of the cheapest metropolitan cities in the country.  They'll sell the team to any bidder that approaches them and leave the hamilton county to clean up their tax mess.  

These are trash people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How fitting. Marvin Lewis gets another extension after a losing season and Carson Palmer retires again.
Reply/Quote
Well...Not too surprised, but it just shows that these idiots have zero interest in Winning a Super Bowl and are perfectly fine with Mediocrity. Sorry...not going investing one cent into this pathetic organization. Maybe I'll see what the Colts do.......maybe
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: [Image: HTTP2NvbW1pdG5lc3N0b2ZpdG5lc3MuY29tL3dwL...aWYlog.gif]

X2 

This is just pathetic. I’m not even mad or surprised. My interest in this team and the NFL as a whole decreases day by day
Reply/Quote
I heard Marvins first move is to re-sign Ced Peerman. Hahaha
Reply/Quote
Marvin is back, and I'm going to throw up. Now I'm going to have to start looking for another team to root for. Anyone except the Steelers or Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I cannot believe that any season ticket holder would reward the worst pro organization in the country by renewing season tickets.

How can anyone justify renewing Marvin for two more years with his record against Steelers, playoffs, prime time, playoff teams during regular, etc. etc.

Mike Brown is the most tone deaf , stubborn and selfish owner. He feels zero responsibility to Bengal fans or Hamilton County.

Please do not renew your season tickets.

My butt won't be anywhere near that stadium. 
Reply/Quote
The Riverfront should be flooded with Purple and Gold to send a message......

[Image: minnesota-vikings.jpg?sfvrsn=0]
Reply/Quote
Really don't know what to say. Hell, I quit watching them after the first two games this year. I recorded them all up until midway point, but deleted the games without watching them. All I've seen of the Bengals since then have been on the highlights or when the RedZone lit up with mainly the Bengal's opponents scoring. Folks, you know you've hit rock bottom when the highlight of your season is the Bengals finally winning a game with playoff implications....for the Bills! Take a second and think about that, then compare the Bills players to ours....got it? You may now go puke, kick puppies, burn your Bengal's gear or go to a rifle range; whatever gets us through. Bills got a new coaching staff, what a novel idea....we now have 2 more years of the same. I basically quit watching this year, not sure what the next step is at this point.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is a canerous DIVA and Dalton is over-paid and overrated! Wait...we're actually going to place blame on Marvin and Mike this time? Weird...but Ok, I'm on board with that.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.2HiXpXtP236S78B9Fvm2XgHaEN&pid...=327&h=186]

"Y'know Marvy...  I wanted to change the team colors to green because the B means bucks in my logo.  Damn that NFL wouldn't let me do it!!  Ha ha.  At least we still get to keep those losers' cash. Am I right?!?"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5350006]
Reply/Quote
At least Smith is going to go on an EPIC RANT just berating this pathetic organization tomorrow! It will be entertaining.

Stephen A Smith
@stephenasmith
Hold up! Hold the Hell up! Did I just hear this news correctly? Marvin Lewis has received a 2-YEAR Extension from the Bengals. REALLY? REALLY?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:13 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Discuss..:

Unlike many of you, I see Mike Brown as the reason this team went from 5 straight play-off seasons to 6-10 and then the 0-2 start.  Luckily Lasor hiring got Bengals from 0-2 up to 7-9, and only Lasor hiring got wins out of this team....Mike Brown going cheap is the real problem.....Losing Jones, Sanu, Zeitler and Whitworth in free agency just killed our chances of winning, and that people is ALL MIKE BROWN.

I would be one happy Bengals Fan to hear that Marvin Lewis is staying and Mike Brown is retiring and with the passing of Pete Brown the front office is changing.  I would love to hear Mike Brown retiring more than Lewis firing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Marvin on #Bengals line: 'We'll work hard the next day or so to get our coaches re-signed. Obviously there will be some movement. Lot of good coaches may have opportunities elsewhere.'
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: R

We know what Lewis is, limits or not. Unless Brown is also calling the plays and saying who starts, it doesn't matter.

Lewis will never win a Superbowl. He's a (very) poor man's Jeff Fisher or John Fox. He might end up with a playoff win, but if he does then his lifetime contract will be confirmed shortly after.

I don't care if Paul Brown's ghost comes in as our OC, this is the 2nd time (minimum) that Marv should have gone. 

He took us out of the pits, but he's taken this team as far as he ever will, and that's not to a Superbowl win.

He has not taken us out of the pits. He has squandered talent. He has set two NFL records for losing. You know one, the other is playing Pittsburgh 32 times and losing 24 of them. It doesn't get any worse than that.
Reply/Quote
I hope to God that at least one reporter has the balls to call out Mike Brown and Merv at the next press conference.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ Green is a canerous DIVA and Dalton is over-paid and overrated!  Wait...we're actually going to place blame on Marvin and Mike this time?  Weird...but Ok, I'm on board with that.

Well let me see. Let's add up all of Marvins signature wins since 2003. 

0+0=0
Reply/Quote
What has Lewis done in 15 years beyond lose every playoff game he was ever in, and lose about 85 pct of all his primetime games. Results meaning nothing to Mike Brown and we all know that Brown has zero football knowledge.
Reply/Quote