Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is rooting for us
Saw an interview with him on YouTube talking bout the AFC North and college. He's got the charisma of a catholic priest circa 1940
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 12:10 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s great and all but please don’t let him in the stadium until it’s over. 0-7

just think if he had the Free Agency $$$$$ to spend we have spent recently...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 02:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Don't you think Stephen Tyler and Mick Jagger are a little to old to play football?

Dude, we need veterans on that OLine. Right now anything is better than Prince.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just think if he had the Free Agency $$$$$ to spend we have spent recently...

They did....just spent on extending their own usually. Rightfully so in a lot of cases. Geno, Los, Taze, Whit, AD, AJ, Reggie, Hall, Boling, all signed pretty nice deals. Some.of the issue was they overpaid guys like Maualuga, DreK, and didn't pay guys like Zeitler.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Of course he is. We can argue about his tenure till we're blue in the face, but you can't question his character as a person. Marvin DID bring us back from the abyss. That should never be forgotten.

Exactly

I've never disliked Marvin the person. Like as has been said, class act. And he did help bring this team out of the tunnel and into the light. 

I'd love to sit beside Marvin and take in a game at PBS.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I've never disliked Marvin the person. Like as has been said, class act. And he did help bring this team out of the tunnel and into the light. 

Marvin:  Now, BF74, here's where I'd take a timeout.  Very critical for clock management. 

BF74:  Marvin, it's halftime and there are frisbee dogs on the field.

Marvin:  Exactly.  

I kid, Marvin, I kid.

Hey, how cool would it be if he were the Ruler of the Jungle Saturday?   The club wouldn't ask and that doesn't seem like his kind of thing, but damn, people would freak out LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Marv is a good dude. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I always thought Marv had a real eye for talent.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Class guy, took us out of the a terrible decade... put excitement back into Bengal Land...
Reply/Quote
I'll always appreciate Marvin getting us pointed in the right direction.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Class guy, took us out of the a terrible decade... put excitement back into Bengal Land...

Took us out of the terrible decade and almost left us in another.. Several years of hard luck in drafts and injuries didn't do Marvin any favors though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yep, Marvin had a ceiling, and that was getting to the playoffs. But he is a good man and I wish him well. Hopefully he can make a game or two.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. Reckon he'd take a hit from the flask?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: . A subscriber article in the athletic says he really wants Bengals to win. Glad even though he left on rough patch he still want us to succeed. Apparently Mixon keeps in contact.

I kinda figured he would be.  He always said he wanted to hand Mike Brown the Lombardi trophy and ride off into the sunset.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'll always appreciate Marvin getting us pointed in the right direction.

Speaking of, my favorite Marvin Lewis quote was after his first season coaching in Cincinnati and said, "Call me Coach Penis, cause things are looking up!"
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Chad still calls him at 5 AM and tells him he's open? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 12:05 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Do you guys think he’ll be clapping in front of his TV?

Marvin how do you feel about the first quarter.. " They are doing some good things"..... Giggles.....
Reply/Quote
Marvin will be shoveling snow with every point we score.   Who Dey

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2014/09/03/paul-daugherty-shoveling-bengals-way/15033667/
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just think if he had the Free Agency $$$$$ to spend we have spent recently...

Maybe he should  have been better at convincing the owner..... Ninja
Reply/Quote