Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin knows something Mike does not want public
Someone on this board made the point that no owner would allow an employee like Marvin  leak his intentions to leave and alleged problems with assistants a couple of hours before a game and not fire him on the spot.

That is so spot on.

Just like Marvin should have been fired the day after the 2015 playoff meltdown against the Steelers and at least 2 or to 3 other times.

What we have just witnessed is Marvin using the media to play Mike Brown like a violin- even if that is nothing more than getting re-hired.

No rational owner of a company would retain Marvin over and over again and most recently after using the press to pressure Brown into a new contract unless there was something going on beneath the radar screen.

Marvin knows where all the skeletons are buried.

There is some bad wrong with the Bengals and how they are being run by Mike Brown- such as they are already planning their departure after the lease expires or something much worse.

Marv knows the whole story and Mike did not want Marv spilling all of the beans to the media. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
C'mon man...
Reply/Quote
As much fun as the conspiracy theories are, I think it just as simple as Mike Brown being incompetent as an owner coupled with a head coach that knows he won't be hired as a head coach anywhere else in the NFL. They complete each other.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:26 AM)Takedown Wrote: C'mon man...

Remember this when it is announced that Bengals are moving to London.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:55 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Remember this when it is announced that Bengals are moving to London.

What's your source? Just a feeling? Okay.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:41 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: As much fun as the conspiracy theories are, I think it just as simple as Mike Brown being incompetent as an owner coupled with a head coach that knows he won't be hired as a head coach anywhere else in the NFL.  They complete each other.

Oh, but haven't you heard?  Head Clown Merv is respected around the league.  That's quite the knee slapper, huh?  Funny how no one outside the lame ass kissing local media ever says that.  I guess the local media is part of the unending circle jerk too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like the conspiracy theory that Jon Gruden was seen at PBS. Talked to Mike Brown, which pissed Marvin off. Hence the leaked report he was leaving. Gruden then walked out the door cause Mike couldn't agree to give him what he wanted, then Mike thought I'll just bring Marvin back. Marvin found out there wasn't much interest in him as a head coach. So both kissed and made up.
Reply/Quote
Mike brown is too lazy and too cheap to start an intensive coaching search for an unknown outsider.

I believe he might have gone with hue, jay or Vance but they retained he went with old stand by so rumors of frugality wouldn’t be confirmed by another source. The man is too resistant to change to drag his sorry ass franchise to today’s nfl.

I generally don’t go for conspiracy theories but maybe he does want to move the team.

I doubt it but maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:27 PM)Takedown Wrote: What's your source? Just a feeling? Okay.

I have no sources

Deduction from obvious facts.

Mike Brown loves money

Mike Brown could care less about local fans.

Attendance is going to continue to decline

They are not getting another stadium deal.

GODell wants a team in London.

Brown family will blame declining attendance and no new "competitive" stadium as reasons to move as soon as the lease ends or they claim a breach by county.

Just wait and see if the rumor is true and Bengals end up playing the Chargers in London this season.

I promise you the Brown family does long term strategic planning and the possibility of moving and where has been and will be discussed internally during the next couple of years.
Reply/Quote
I love money too and I too could care less what fans think. 

I confess..I'm secretly Mikey just trolling everyone..

I'm moving the team to my garage next year and teaching them all how to do woodworking instead of football.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(i am taking my queston in this thread.., insted of creating a new one)

Anyway.. i was wondering what is Marvin salary ? Does anybody know how much/little Mike is paying him ?

(compered whit other coaches in the league)
Reply/Quote
We don't need more trash threads like this every week ./year or however often they pop up.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:44 PM)Snapcount Wrote: (i am taking my queston in this thread.., insted of creating a new one)

Anyway.. i was wondering what is Marvin salary ? Does anybody know how much/little Mike is paying him ?

(compered whit other coaches in the league)

Below is what I found just searching the internet. (not sure how accurate it is or if it is with incentives)

Marvin Lewis Net Worth and salary: Marvin Lewis is an American professional football coach who has a net worth of $14 million dollars and annual salary of $4.5 million. (Was reportedly making $3.25 million per year in 2011.)

It also says that Pete Carroll and Sean Payton make around $8 million per year and that John Gruden may get $10 million to go to Oakland.
Many other coaches around $5 to $6.5 million.

Another poster may have more concrete numbers than these or have Marvin's new contract numbers.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have no sources

Deduction from obvious facts.

Mike Brown loves money

Mike Brown could care less about local fans.

Attendance is going to continue to decline

They are not getting another stadium deal.

GODell wants a team in London.

Brown family will blame declining attendance and no new "competitive" stadium as reasons to move as soon as the lease ends or they claim a breach by county.

Just wait and see if the rumor is true and Bengals end up playing the Chargers in London this season.

I promise you the Brown family does long term strategic planning and the possibility of moving and where has been and will be discussed internally during the next couple of years.
  :giggle:
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote