Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin not ready to rule out Eifert for Sunday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716149/article/marvin-lewis-not-ready-to-count-out-eifert-yet

I am not going to drink the Kool-Aide and get my hopes up, although my fantasy team and I want to. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Marvin also said he wouldn't let him play until he gets a full practice in. While we are on the topic of Marvin, I'll quote him in saying "I see much better than I hear". That being said, I'll get my hopes up when I see Eifert in uniform for the opening offensive snap of a game. Until then, no need to ride the will he/won't he play roller coaster.
Reply/Quote
Without reading the article, this, IMO, is probably more of a move to keep Dallas unsure of Eifert's status heading into Sunday. Hopefully he does actually does play but this smells like a bit of gamesmanship on the part of Marvin and the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:36 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Without reading the article, this, IMO, is probably more of a move to keep Dallas unsure of Eifert's status heading into Sunday.  Hopefully he does actually does play but this smells like a bit of gamesmanship on the part of Marvin and the Bengals.

Idk, you think Marvin is that smart? Lol
Reply/Quote
He's not playing Sunday and doubtful he plays next week as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:36 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Without reading the article, this, IMO, is probably more of a move to keep Dallas unsure of Eifert's status heading into Sunday.  Hopefully he does actually does play but this smells like a bit of gamesmanship on the part of Marvin and the Bengals.

Kind of a cliche. He hasn't played all year, I am not sure Dallas is changing anything they do with that news. I think Marvin says there is a chance because there still is. If it is some sort of muscle strain they can change quickly over night (good or bad).
Reply/Quote
If marvin isnt ready to rule him out, i am. here it is:

Eifert will not play Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:00 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He's not playing Sunday and doubtful he plays next week as well.
You should keep this post ready. You can just keep it rolling weekly
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Smart move on Marvin's part
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:26 PM)jason Wrote: You should keep this post ready. You can just keep it rolling weekly

Jesus, I hope not. 
Reply/Quote
Does it even matter. We all held our breath when Eifert took hits before we knew he was officially made of glass.

If/When Eifert plays he plays. And like Zampese said anything he does is extra from here on out as far as his Bengal career goes. But we can't rely on him or expect him to play. Probably never will be able to.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Does it even matter. We all held our breath when Eifert took hits before we knew he was officially made of glass.

If/When Eifert plays he plays. And like Zampese said anything he does is extra from here on out as far as his Bengal career goes. But we can't rely on him or expect him to play. Probably never will be able to.

Sad
Reply/Quote
If his back is just sore, and his ankle is good then shoot some cortisone in there and get on the field.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This has "smokescreen" written all over it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
No way Eifert plays Sunday since he hasn't even practiced all week, and also now has a sore back. let him heal and hope he comes back ready to go
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:26 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Marvin also said he wouldn't let him play until he gets a full practice in.  While we are on the topic of Marvin, I'll quote him in saying "I see much better than I hear".  That being said, I'll get my hopes up when I see Eifert in uniform for the opening offensive snap of a game.  Until then, no need to ride the will he/won't he play roller coaster.

Yeah, i will believe it when i see it and i am more optimistic than most on Eifert..
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Smart move on Marvin's part

I'm about to start a McCartney-level theory that Eifert's injury and surgery really WERE minor but there was a freak accident and he died on the table and they replaced him with a body double who can't actually play TE in the NFL BUT they're going to keep acting like he will play AAAAAANNY second now to dupe the rest of the NFL.

Brilliant, really.
Reply/Quote
Do Patriots fans call Gronk a *****? I doubt it and he has missed a LOT of time from injuries.

Get off his case already. Eifert will play this year, chill out
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 06:03 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Do Patriots fans call Gronk a *****?  I doubt it and he has missed a LOT of time from injuries.

Get off his case already.  Eifert will play this year, chill out

No.  The narrative is written and it can't be undone now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:23 AM)740Bengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716149/article/marvin-lewis-not-ready-to-count-out-eifert-yet

I am not going to drink the Kool-Aide and get my hopes up, although my fantasy team and I want to. ThumbsUp

Just your typical coach speak. Don't give away anything to your opponent, but I think we can all assume Tyler isn't playing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote