Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin-nothing wrong with the effort
(12-10-2017, 08:20 PM)Utts Wrote: Today was lack of effort. We didn’t play the Eagles we played the hapless Bears, and got blown out, at home.

From coaches, to Andy, to the entire team (except maybe Gio), there was no focus or energy present.

We had 3 rookies starting in the front 7 , our two best Defensive players didn't play, we have know one who can separate on offense besides green( of course that's Dalton's fault) , and even if we did we can't block  for more 2 seconds(again Andy's fault). But know you're right it is effort that was the problem it has nothing to do with talent.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: apparently, Marvin wasn't watching the same game we were.  He said there were no problems with effort just in completing the task...yeah right

No problem with the effort?  The Bengals didn't even show up at all.  They made the Bears look like the Patriots.  Marvin has to go, for sure.
Reply/Quote
I’ve figured out why there’s never ever been halftime adjustments. Ole fat and sloppy Marvin is having hunger pains and is feeding his face at halftime. If he’s not, maybe ole fat and sloppy Marvin’s hunger pains messes with his brain and game planning. This slob needs to manage a restaurant and not a football team.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:46 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We had 3 rookies starting in the front 7 , our two best Defensive players didn't play, we have know one who can separate on offense besides green( of course that's Dalton's fault) , and even if we did we can't block  for more 2 seconds(again Andy's fault). But know you're right it is effort that was the problem it has nothing to do with talent.
Lol please tell me your sarcasm is not in defense of the red head...that kid is wet garbage and has 0 pocket presence. I'm not entertaining that he is not part of the problem at this point along with his draft mate AJ Green who plays scared. Both of these guys are not leaders but the Bengals pay them like they are...Please do not post stats to defend either because we all know what we see out of both more times than not...We all see them fold in big games and today is worse because we played a YMCA Flag Football team and got housed at home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No "Senioritis" involved.  Mikey likes to honor contracts.  We will endure the rest of the season with Marvin...

Right, Merv has the senioritis, cashing checks for a few more weeks while the team sleepwalks through each game.  We all know he's not going anywhere until after the season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Right, Merv has the senioritis, cashing checks for a few more weeks while the team sleepwalks through each game.  We all know he's not going anywhere until after the season.  

Which season? 2024?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Marvin is spent. Period. And now, it looks like his team is too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What do you expect him to say? You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Marvin is not going to be honest with the media. He's made a **** ton of money thanks to Mike Brown. Why is he going to screw that up? I don't believe for a second that Marvin Lewis is so incredibly stupid that he doesn't see the same issues we see or at least some of them. What good would it do? Make no mistake, Lewis is complicit in this because he always says the rah rah type bs even though he knows better. He's signed the contracts for many, many millions even when he disagreed with what was going on.

The only reason I can think of as to why Lewis has put up with the Brown family is simply money. I'm sure Lewis knows the team has needs, but his only realistic chance at trying to fill those needs is the draft. Mike Brown does not believe in using free agency. Lewis has stuck with an owner/GM who has handcuffed him for 15 years. Why? It has to be the money because I have no idea why anyone would waste so much time at a job knowing that they will never be given the tools necessary to properly to do their job. No free agency, being saddled with worthless coaches, etc, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: apparently, Marvin wasn't watching the same game we were.  He said there were no problems with effort just in completing the task...yeah right

He's dead.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Sounds like Marviin Lewis drivel.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: What do you expect him to say? You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Marvin is not going to be honest with the media. He's made a **** ton of money thanks to Mike Brown. Why is he going to screw that up? I don't believe for a second that Marvin Lewis is so incredibly stupid that he doesn't see the same issues we see or at least some of them. What good would it do? Make no mistake, Lewis is complicit in this because he always says the rah rah type bs even though he knows better. He's signed the contracts for many, many millions even when he disagreed with what was going on.

The only reason I can think of as to why Lewis has put up with the Brown family is simply money. I'm sure Lewis knows the team has needs, but his only realistic chance at trying to fill those needs is the draft. Mike Brown does not believe in using free agency. Lewis has stuck with an owner/GM who has handcuffed him for 15 years. Why? It has to be the money because I have no idea why anyone would waste so much time at a job knowing that they will never be given the tools necessary to properly to do their job. No free agency, being saddled with worthless coaches, etc, etc.

Im sorry, but Lewis has had a few teams with a BOATLOAD of talent and STILL hasn't won a playoff game.  Marvin's teams are historically undisciplined too.  That is on coaching.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:15 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Im sorry, but Lewis has had a few teams with a BOATLOAD of talent and STILL hasn't won a playoff game.  Marvin's teams are historically undisciplined too.  That is on coaching.

I'm not trying to defend Lewis by any stretch. I'm just saying why would anyone expect him to say negative things to the media? Why would he potentially draw the ire of the man who has paid him multi-millions?
Reply/Quote
Dalton and Marvin were both disappointed. If you watch the marvin interview, he wasn't happy at all either. They might be great actors! Sad I like Andy but I just don't find him to be a great motivator from whatever we've seen. That's #1A and 1B of worst motivators int he league in Marvin and Andy.

*Clap* Let's go!
And Mr. Nice Redhead Guy.

Can Marvin prepare the team? Unknown.
Can he motivate the team? Big no.

The best teams without motivation, will lose.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lack of effort is viewed as a coaching problem. So of course Marv isn't going to admit publicly anything about a lack of effort. Especially with his job on the line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the lack of effort. I saw this coming as soon as the Steelers game ended. That loss absolutely crushed this team's morale. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Here's an idea for marv to keep making millions. Write a tell all, no holds barred book about his time as coach here. I would pay to read that book.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'm not trying to defend Lewis by any stretch. I'm just saying why would anyone expect him to say negative things to the media? Why would he potentially draw the ire of the man who has paid him multi-millions?

Because he has 3 games left and he is gone....Why would he care?   He is still going to get paid his money....Maybe if he said something The Brown Family would open their eyes!!!
Reply/Quote
Buh-bye Marv. It's been real.
Reply/Quote
The team has quit on Marvin after last week.

Marv would only be admitting that if he said what you wanted him to say.

Not going to happen.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What really sux is that on the board we argue about everything.

Yet almost 100% us knew Zimmer was the guy and somehow MB let him leave.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote