Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Andy
(01-05-2016, 10:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I thought he had a meeting with the Doc to take cast off yesterday? So did that not happen?

Even if his hand (by some miracle) is 100%, we won't know til the last minute.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AJ's best attribute is reading defenses.

How many INts has this kid thrown as a starter.

Folks just quit making things up. The 2 QBs have very similar games. AJ has actually upped his propensity to pull it down and run to make their games even more similar.

Is Aj currently a better QB than Andy? No

Do they have a similar game? Yes  

Lol how can you even say that? 

And his best attribute is Kathrine Webb. Lets be honest. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even if his hand (by some miracle) is 100%, we won't know til the last minute.

Agreed but I cannot be the only one who thinks AD at 70% with some mis-firings due to his thumb does not give us a better chance than AJ-Mac

AD knows and runs this O better than AJ-Mac due to experience (and skill)

I'm sure the Stoolers will be playing RB Williams in the same capacity in that Williams at 70% > Frenchie at 100%

It's the playoffs! ALL HANDS ON DECK AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL and leave nothing behind!
Reply/Quote
Dalton came out the gate reading defenses. No OTA's. No minicamps. No offseason program. You'd have to think if he would have sat as long as McCarron did, he'd be father along by his 3rst start. McCarron throws the ball away sure, after he abandons the pocket after holding the ball longer than the play design calls for. And he's taken too many sacks against the blitz for someone who can read defenses. He's still flustered by zone coverage's.

McCarron can develop, but Dalton was more ahead of him at this stage of their career. With no offseason program and weapons with hardly no experience. Dalton had to get them lined up. They now have the experience to help McCarron.

If Dalton plays, I'm hoping maybe a glove will help. We saw with Manning coming in to save the day, Dalton has the mental part down, and thus an 80% Dalton may still be better than an inexperienced, not fully developed 100% (as of this season) McCarron. Dalton can get the ball out quick, check out of bad plays (into runs like Manning did), and recognize the Steelers zone blitz.

If the oline doesn't show up (and it's a good chance they wont) McCarron is in trouble. The Steelers front 7 will devour him. That's where his lack of experience may hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Wilikn Wrote: My read was that he DIDN'T say a peep.  

He basically refused to answer any questions.

My conclusion, the cast is off and Andy is cleared to resume practice.   What remains is testing the hand's strength.

If that's the case we still go with AJ while AD regains strength.  If AD can go at any level he dresses and is prepared to come off the bench to create a spark, similar to what Peyton did for Denver last week.  If the game is going well stay with AJ.  If not make the change and hope uncle Mo takes over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:08 AM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed but I cannot be the only one who thinks AD at 70% with some mis-firings due to his thumb does not give us a better chance than AJ-Mac

AD knows and runs this O better than AJ-Mac due to experience (and skill)

I'm sure the Stoolers will be playing RB Williams in the same capacity in that Williams at 70% > Frenchie at 100%

It's the playoffs! ALL HANDS ON DECK AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL and leave nothing behind!

I can very easily see a Denver scenario with AJM starting, but Dalton as the backup ready to come in if needed... If AJM is managing the game, give Andy more time to heal. If the Stealers disguise defenses and trick AJM into some silly turnovers early, you tell Andy to see what he can do.
Reply/Quote