Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin only coaching to allow his son Marcus to get another year in
(12-29-2016, 01:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: A better question would probably be:

How many second half points has he scored?

Since when are playoff positions determined by points scored in the second half?

My question was better.
Reply/Quote
This year the Bengals have scored on 27.3% of their second half drives when up by 14 points or more (3 of 11).

That is higher than playoff teams like the Cowboys (20%), Chiefs (25%), and Dolphins (16.7%), and is just slightly less than the Raiders (28.6%)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This year the Bengals have scored on 27.3% of their second half drives when up by 14 points or more (3 of 11).

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

.....and just how many of those games are there?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true at all.

How many games has Marvin lost because he sat on a big lead?

Well there was one from a few weeks ago that comes to mind... Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:01 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well there was one from a few weeks ago that comes to mind... Mellow

The one where we just ran the ball 7 times in the second half?

Hilarious

Perfect example of people just making stuff up.  The loss to the Steelers had nothing to do with Marvin being too conservative in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

.....and just how many of those games are there?

What does that have to do with the discussion?

When proven wrong just try and change the subject, right Wyche?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does that have to do with the discussion?

When proven wrong just try and change the subject, right Wyche?

.....27% over two or three games is shittier than 26% over 11.  That's what.  Ah the cherry picked stats.....good to have the real fred back, you were a little too nice there for a while. :andy:

.....and where was I proven wrong here?  That was my first post in the thread Shocked

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....27% over two or three games is shittier than 26% over 11.  That's what.  Ah the cherry picked stats.....good to have the real fred back, you were a little too nice there for a while. :andy:

WTF are you talking about?

This year the Bengals had a 14 point second half lead in 4 games. Only seven teams in the league have had more, and none have more than 8.  

The Bengals have started 11 second half drives with at least a 14 point lead.  Only 10 teams have more.

And since when does picking exact stats to prove a point mean the same thing as "cherry picking".  And even if you consider it "cherry picking" it is better than just making up something out of thin air like claiming that some teams have had a 14 point second half lead in 11 games.

And even more important. why does no one ever provide a list of games we have lost because Marvin was too conservative with a big lead in the second half.  I see this myth tossed out there over and pover again, but no one can ever provide any proof to back it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF are you talking about?

This year the Bengals had a 14 point second half lead in 4 games. Only seven teams in the league have had more, and none have more than 8.  

The Bengals have started 11 second half drives with at least a 14 point lead.  Only 10 teams have more.

And since when does picking exact stats to prove a point mean the same thing as "cherry picking".  And even if you consider it "cherry picking" it is better than just making up something out of thin air like claiming that some teams have had a 14 point second half lead in 11 games.

And even more important. why does no one ever provide a list of games we have lost because Marvin was too conservative with a big lead in the second half.  I see this myth tossed out there over and pover again, but no one can ever provide any proof to back it up.

Generally speaking.......a term certainly lost on you....would you have felt better if I had said "....say eleven games...."?  It was painfully obvious I didn't look up the exact numbers when I said "27% over 2 or 3 games....", even though I was only ONE off, but have fun with your little crusade.  It's entertaining.  BTW, two of those games were against the "mighty Browns", were they not?  Cherry picked....and 10 and 8 seem to contradict one another....but, yeah.

Reply/Quote