Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin praises Hubbard performance
(08-19-2018, 03:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may well be the actual truth.  I'm just saying that I was surprised to see how massive he appeared, compared to this time last year.  His build is looking more like Dunlap, than a younger MJ.  Lawson is another impressive looking physical presence.

When Willis first took the field, my thoughts were "Is he getting his uniform cut differently, because he all of a sudden looks huge". But he is just that, he has gotten built. I look for him to have a good year.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw that in your other thread giving Billings a lot of grief so i turned around and walked right out lol

I am biased for this guy admittedly. Heard lots of guys in the Gameday thread saying he was playing great.

Happy to hear it wasn't too bad, i agree, he will get better and will make those intimidating stuffs that we haven't
had next to Geno. I know Peko was a good run stopper in his time but he wasn't that nasty enforcer type like i
believe Billings can be.

Yes it is, impressive in just one week to get that cleaned up.

This was the first game I was actually impressed by Billings. He was just a fraction of a second from stuffing in the backfield several times. He's finally hitting his stride, and imposing his will. I'm lovin it....
Reply/Quote
Opposing coach. "We need to block that mother Hubbard!"
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 02:52 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely 

Plus have to agree with Marvin that Hubbard is going to work out just fine for the Bengals. 

and he is an actual Bengals fan to boot.

To me this is just really cool, my dream has always been to play for my favorite team.

Big reasons why i rooted for the Nuge, Baby Hawk and now for Hubbard...
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When Willis first took the field, my thoughts were "Is he getting his uniform cut differently, because he all of a sudden looks huge". But he is just that, he has gotten built. I look for him to have a good year.

Gonna have to go back and watch the highlights and look for Willis. Wanted him in the 2nd round of the Draft
cause he was a 3 down End, just what we needed. I hope he becomes a beast for us, he definately has the work
ethic, just like Lawson. Just think Lawson is purely a pass rusher at this point, all be it a great one.

(08-20-2018, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This was the first game I was actually impressed by Billings. He was just a fraction of a second from stuffing in the backfield several times. He's finally hitting his stride, and imposing his will. I'm lovin it....

Yes, have to be excited for this season if you are a Billings fan. Remember a few quotes from him in TC where he
was talking about his goal line stand where he just said "he's mine". I think he could develop into that intimidating
factor next to Geno we really have not ever had.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that I've been giving Billings a lot of grief, about allowing that run on 3rd and 2, last night.  Other than that, he really did look like he belonged with the starting unit.  I really think that he will get better as the year goes on, and be making those stuffs, rather than getting blocked out.

Billings played a damn good game ! yes he got beat some, who doesn't ? but he was a force to reckon with more often than not.

(08-19-2018, 04:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sam Hubbard overpursued ball carriers against the Bears but he fixed his approach angles in just over a week and became a wrecking ball. That’s mental toughness.

Hubbard didn't have all that great a game in the 1st one and I believe you're right. To anxious, not used to the speed, over eager to impress ? But he looked much better in this game. I'm anxious to see how much he improves against the Bills ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 04:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sam Hubbard overpursued ball carriers against the Bears but he fixed his approach angles in just over a week and became a wrecking ball. That’s mental toughness.

That's great to hear.  Can't wait to watch the game.   He said in an interview that he had really tired legs the first game and felt better this game.  I'm really excited about this guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw that in your other thread giving Billings a lot of grief so i turned around and walked right out lol

I am biased for this guy admittedly. Heard lots of guys in the Gameday thread saying he was playing great.

Happy to hear it wasn't too bad, i agree, he will get better and will make those intimidating stuffs that we haven't
had next to Geno. I know Peko was a good run stopper in his time but he wasn't that nasty enforcer type like i
believe Billings can be.

Yes it is, impressive in just one week to get that cleaned up.

I've been one giving Billings grief - so I'm happy to hear that he's making progress.   Someone posted that even good players make bad plays in the course of a game.  Made me feel like I've been a little unrealistic.

I would be so psyched if both of these players kill it his year.
Reply/Quote
Willis' sack celebration was the best part of the game. He absolutely killed the QB. Anybody else would have been dancing for 15 minutes. He just turned around and walked back to the huddle looking pissed off.

The man is going to be a QB killing machine
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 03:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Willis' sack celebration was the best part of the game. He absolutely killed the QB. Anybody else would have been dancing for 15 minutes. He just turned around and walked back to the huddle looking pissed off.

I really did enjoy that one..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 02:56 PM)3wt Wrote: I've been one giving Billings grief - so I'm happy to hear that he's making progress.   Someone posted that even good players make bad plays in the course of a game.  Made me feel like I've been a little unrealistic.

I would be so psyched if both of these players kill it his year.

It is true that even the best have bad plays, may not see it much with Geno but he is Geno.

I just know when a player that is that big has a leg injury it sets them back awhile. Just happy he is finally coming
around and he is also still extremely young. The mental part was the main reason i heard Billings fell to the 4th.

He was like 20 years old, but who cares if he is just too damn strong for O-lineman.

(08-20-2018, 03:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Willis' sack celebration was the best part of the game. He absolutely killed the QB. Anybody else would have been dancing for 15 minutes. He just turned around and walked back to the huddle looking pissed off.

Awesome, sounds like a Geno sack celebration, love this stuff. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Yep that was awesome but too gentile. I hope he did not throw his entire body on him and land on him because of preseason and when he has Ben in his sets he plows straight through Ben...LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

A lot of our young DL have been killing it
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 04:26 PM)tBengal Wrote:
A lot of our young DL has been killing it

I was happy to see the second string defensive line dominate the game.

I thought Jake Fisher looked good at LT. I guess PFF agrees.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 04:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I was happy to see the second string defensive line dominate the game.

I didn't really notice Fisher much, which is a good thing I think. PFF has been high on him before, hopefully he'll come around.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 04:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I was happy to see the second string defensive line dominate the game.

I think that is the only position for Fisher, LT, he is too tall and lanky for RT or Guard but he has great feet.
Reply/Quote

The tackle itself was awesome too.  The ol' two handed chest launch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: The tackle itself was awesome too.  The ol' two handed chest launch.

Yep... It wasn't quite Geno Atkins tossing Watson last season, but it was nasty. I was watching at a bar, and only half way paying attention at that point, but I took notice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:14 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... It wasn't quite Geno Atkins tossing Watson last season, but it was nasty. I was watching at a bar, and only half way paying attention at that point, but I took notice.

And he didn't just knock him down.  He launched him, sailed him.   The QB got up asking where'd that truck come from?

It was almost like he couldn't decide what to do with him so he just batted him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 08:17 PM)McC Wrote: And he didn't just knock him down.  He launched him, sailed him.   The QB got up asking where'd that truck come from?

Hits like that will cost a 5 year sentence, with the new rules in the league..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote