Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin refusing to make nessecary changes.
RG......RT....#3 WR....LB...
these 3 areas 6 games in are really bringing this team down and I dont understand why there isnt a sense of urgency at theses positions.
Green and Boyd are needing a #3 target to allow them to face sense coverage mismatches.
Erickson and Uzomah just dont have that 2nd gear and lack the ability beat the other teams
coverage LB or 3rd CB
Hart and Redmond are drive killers. they are good for a penalty a game.
LB have been discussed here.
all in all why is Marvin so hell bent starting these
under achivers.?
John Ross right now cant be depended on.
there are players being dangled right now
Id trade for DeVonte Parker right now.
Id start Fischer over Hart now.
if Marvin doesnt replace underachievers then everyone will think their job is safe thus creating
complacency
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Westerman in for Redmond, but other than that who are we replacing any of these guys with? Do you want to see Og at RT? Core or Malone over Ross? Malik Jefferson maybe should get some snaps, as I don’t think he can be any worse that what we’re fielding at LB right now, but our lack of depth is a major problem at these positions.

I sincerely hope we concentrate on OL and LB next draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Losing Eifert really hurt...
It would be nice for them to establish the rush. Remember, Marvin was told Big Whit was coming back and was pissed that he wasn't. This is not all Lewis's fault.

Now the draft certainly could have went in different direction this past year, looking back in hindsight. The Jefferson pick and Walton/Brown picks look bad as of now.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
the Bengals offense was facilitated through Eifert.
now that Eifert is gone Lazor is really struggling to create a sound gameplan.
Dalton isnt good enough to carry this offense when you miss guys like Eifert.Brady can get away with it.
Reply/Quote
It was dumb to facilitate the offense through Eifert as he has been very injury prone. Just not smart to do that but as per usual the stars have to align for this team to succeed and when they don't they blame injuries and youth and bad luck, etc etc
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Losing Eifert hurt, but he was on a limited snap count and was posting so-so numbers, so I wouldn't say he was a focal point for the offense. I'd say our folly here is blaming players yet again. Marv just got out-coached in prime time, per usual. Reid had his guys ready. Marv did not. Same thing we've been seeing for 16 years now, regardless of who our players are.

Losing 28-23 would be one thing. Losing 45-10 is inexcusable. We have way too much talent to look like scrubs in all 3 phases. It's. The. Coaching.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Where is ROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS???????????? (rhetorical question)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the Bengals offense was facilitated through Eifert.
now that Eifert is gone Lazor is really struggling to create a sound gameplan.
Dalton isnt good enough to carry this offense when you miss guys like Eifert.Brady can get away with it.

What?  Eifert only played the first 2 games in 2017 before he was out for the season and before Lazor took over. The offense actually got much better after that so not sure where you get Lazor is struggling without Eifert. I'm also not sure where you get Eifert was a key part of Lazor's game plan and was facilitated through Eifert for 2018. His most targeted game was against the Panthers , 8, when Bengals were playing from behind. In the 4 games Eifert played this year he averaged 4.75 targets a game. Not sure I would call that a key part of the offensive game plan.

The reason the offense struggles at times is because the o-line almost never allows Andy to sit back and go through progressions or let a play develop. Almost every darn passing play he is either rolling out, making quick passes or running for his life. I watched most of the first half last night and I recall a single play where Andy dropped back and had time to read the field. I thought, "Don't see that often this year."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: What?  Eifert only played the first 2 games in 2017 before he was out for the season and before Lazor took over. The offense actually got much better after that so not sure where you get Lazor is struggling without Eifert.  I'm also not sure where you get Eifert was a key part of Lazor's game plan and was facilitated through Eifert for 2018.  His most targeted game was against the Panthers , 8, when Bengals were playing from behind.  In the 4 games Eifert played this year he averaged 4.75 targets a game.  Not sure I would call that a key part of the offensive game plan.

The reason the offense struggles at times is because the o-line almost never allows Andy to sit back and go through progressions or let a play develop. Almost every darn passing play he is either rolling out, making quick passes or running for his life.  I watched most of the first half last night and I recall a single play where Andy dropped back and had time to read the field.  I thought, "Don't see that often this year."

Yep! The real issue is the past three games the OL has majorly regressed. They got punked by Miami but we managed to survive. They got punked by the Stealers and by the Chiefs too. Since we lost Price Hopkins did okay in one game then we were back to pockets with no nose and inability to run inside. Redmond has stunk and so has Hart. Losing Kroft is also bad because combined with losing Eifert it has taken whole play types out of the playbook. Then there is no Gio, which means we lost our best pass catching back and pass protect back. 
Reply/Quote
go back to the Atlanta game.
because of Eifert defenses had to
play in nickel packages.
Eifert was steadily getting more targets
allowing AJ and Tyler to get single coverage.
it allowed Andy ti get the ball out faster.
now Andy is having to take a,extra second to find a open target due to Eifert being shelved
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Losing Eifert hurt, but he was on a limited snap count and was posting so-so numbers, so I wouldn't say he was a focal point for the offense. I'd say our folly here is blaming players yet again. Marv just got out-coached in prime time, per usual. Reid had his guys ready. Marv did not. Same thing we've been seeing for 16 years now, regardless of who our players are.

Losing 28-23 would be one thing. Losing 45-10 is inexcusable. We have way too much talent to look like scrubs in all 3 phases. It's. The. Coaching.

We need to do this to every fan but make them say  "it is Marvin Lewis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGAVS-1Hqo
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: RG......RT....#3 WR....LB...
these 3 areas 6 games in are really bringing this team down and I dont understand why there isnt a sense of urgency at theses positions.
Green and Boyd are needing a #3 target to allow them to face sense coverage mismatches.
Erickson and Uzomah just dont have that 2nd gear and lack the ability beat the other teams
coverage LB or 3rd CB
under achivers.?
if Marvin doesnt replace underachievers then everyone will think their job is safe thus creating
complacency

Yep, it's just got to be that Merv is refusing to make changes. It couldn't be that there just weren't many good offensive linemen in the draft last year....
Reply/Quote
The necessary change being that Marvin needs to remove himself from being the HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: RG......RT....#3 WR....LB...
coverage LB or 3rd CB
under achivers.?
complacency

John Ross is a ***** and does not like physical contact,marvin lewis needs to be fired right now.this is an 8 and 8 team and that's if they are lucky like I have been saying since training camp.Alot of these players would not even be starting on any other team.Very poor talent,number 27 needs to sit down,Number 55 is not the same guy as two years ago.This is not a nfl caliber team,trust me and they will stuggle to beat tampa, do not be surprised if tampa whips their ass.Pissburg will win the division and until all you crazy fans that keep buying tickets and going down there,nothing will change,Mike Brown will make a change will the fans quit showing up.this is just what stupid bungles do,they embarrass our city year after year. and believe me they earn the title, dumbest,worst franchise in all of sports. what a JOKE. FIRE MARVIN,FIRE MARVIN,AND TAKE THAT ASSHOLE AUSTIN WITH YOU. Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
I definitely agree with this post,i was waiting to hear some news today on personel. I thought they did good in the offseason. But when hit with adversity. Marvin still doesnt have a clue. Can he not play who he wants to play or something. Some moves are so common sense fans can point it out. And marvin has ruined seasons by not changing nothing till we are out. We are the worst team change things up i swear it pisses me off i can sit back and say what needs to happen but they cant figure shit out.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 02:25 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I definitely agree with this post,i was waiting to hear some news today on personel. I thought they did good in the offseason. But when hit with adversity. Marvin still doesnt have a clue. Can he not play who he wants to play or something. Some moves are so common sense fans can point it out. And marvin has ruined seasons by not changing nothing till we are out. We are the worst team change things up i swear it pisses me off i can sit back and say what needs to happen but they cant figure shit out.

You can't blame Marvin.Mike Brown knows he isn't going to get any other quality coach to replace Marvin. No one would want a job that has their hands tided behind their back. Zimmer was the obvious choice a few years back. The only thing we can hope for is the demise of MB if we want to see a championship in our lifetime.
Reply/Quote
I know what I would do on offense, sign Hodges from the squealers practice squad. He's an athletic tight end that can help us
in the passing game. We need more tight ends until Kroft gets back.

Make Malone the number 3 wide receiver, this guy deserves a chance to play.

Insert Westerman in as the right guard because Redmond isn't getting it done. He's bad in pass protection and run blocking and is
good for at least one penalty a game.

Dalton needs to trust other receivers out there. I'd use Uzomah more out there, because we can't just force feed AJ Green like
we did last game, the ball has to be spread out to more players. We need to get back to using the tight end like we did earlier in
the year.

When it comes to the defense, we need to use more stunts on the defensive line because all we do is bull rush. We should run more
stunts where the defensive end twists inside and defensive tackle twists outside.

Maybe try some delayed blitzes where the corner, safety or linebacker delay their blitz. We have to do something because we
aren't getting any pressure and it's exposing our linebackers inability to cover anyone.

We also need to get guys like Hubbard, Lawson and Willis more playing time, they're not getting enough snaps.

As far as coverage I'd only use Burfict and Brown on first downs, then go to the nickle on second and third downs. Use one
linebacker, three safeties and three corners. Our linebackers simply can't cover anyone.

I'd even give Malik Jefferson a chance in the nickel to see what he can do. It can't get any worse than what is out there. Our
linebackers look like statues that can't move.

Burfict is out of shape right now and is as slow as I've ever seen him. If he continues to eat so much he'll eat his way out of
the league. He needs to get in shape and get faster out there.

We don't have any agile linebackers, Vigil is out with an injury and Nickerson and Evans are not getting it done. They are both
struggling a lot out there in coverage. They should be on the bench unless we have serious injuries.

Scrap the soft zone, our players are playing too far off the line of scrimmage, they need to get closer to the line and play
more man to man. The coverage needs to tighten up especially those huge holes in the middle of the field.

Coaches should use a lot of time in practice to get our players to tackle better. It seems to be contagious and all the
players on the defense are struggling with tackling.

The first player might only get a piece of a guy and the others players should finish the job. The initial guy tries to make the tackle and everyone else just watches and stares instead of gang tackling. We need to use much better team work and constant pursuit to tackle the other players.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:19 PM)thillan Wrote: The necessary change being that Marvin needs to remove himself from being the HC.

No, the necessary change is being that Mike Brown needs to remove himself from being the owner.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Front office needs to make a move. The window is closing for some of these guys. I like the idea of 3 safety sets. Lazor needs to be willing to commit a bit more to the run. Let Mixon get going. And motion him out to the the slot and make a LB guard him in coverage. Offense is resembling last year's O, except now they have an awful D too
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:19 PM)thillan Wrote: The necessary change being that Marvin needs to remove himself from being the HC.

(10-23-2018, 04:33 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: No, the necessary change is being that Mike Brown needs to remove himself from being the owner.

No, he's right, but you're correct about Mike as well.  Both are dead weight to an NFL franchise.  They're the twin albatrosses around this team's neck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote