Poll: How Hot is Marvin's britches ? Hot seat thermometer Poll
Ice Cold - 5 wins or less but can come up with reasons why like injuries etc
Comfy Cool – below .500 record but he’s still Mike Brown’s guy
In between and Just right – 8 and 8 or Barely misses the Playoffs makes Mikey happy enough
Too many blankets warm – must reach the Playoffs or else
Desert Hot – must win a Playoff game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Hot Seat thermometer POLL - He may really be on the Hot Seat this time.
April has come and gone with no Contract extension for Marvin Lewis.
His last two extensions occurred in April but it is May now with Marvin's contract ending after the 2017 season.

This time feels a little different to me.

Marvin may actually really be on the Hot Seat this time.

Take this Poll to give your opinion of just how Hot you think Marvin's britches are this time around.
Reply/Quote
I'll only believe he may be on the hot seat if he doesn't receive an extension by the end of the 2017 season. But as we saw after the 2010 season, even that's not guaranteed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There needs to be a check box for "absolute zero."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_m52n7lxqNW1qe7ryk.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 01:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'll only believe he may be on the hot seat if he doesn't receive an extension by the end of the 2017 season.  But as we saw after the 2010 season, even that's not guaranteed.

Mike Brown was 75 years old after the 2010 season and now he is 81.

He may only have anywhere from 5 to 9 years to live.

This may be his last Window of opportunity to Win in the most literal way possible.

The mindset on one's own mortality has to be much different at 81 versus 75 and this could lead him to pull the trigger on a New Coach or else "ride or die" with Marvin for real to his own end.

This kind of a Closing Window could light a Fire under anyone to Go For it with a Change while still above ground.

He may even spend more for his next and maybe last Coach.

Gotta be seeing things a little differently at age 81.  I know I would.
Reply/Quote
Well he's going to be a lame duck coach this season after a long time...

I think the only way he gets resigned again is if we have a ton of injuries and still compete or we make playoffs at least.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
We re-signed him after going 4-12. As far as I'm concerned, Marvin will be here as long as he wants.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Marvin is closer to Mike Brown than Pacman and Paul Alexander combined. Mike doesn't fire/release his friends. Marvin's going nowhere unless he retires.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:00 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin is closer to Mike Brown than Pacman and Paul Alexander combined. Mike doesn't fire/release his friends. Marvin's going nowhere unless he retires.

if that were the Case marvin wouldn't only be getting 1 year deals... and wouldn't be entering a lame duck season again.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 01:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'll only believe he may be on the hot seat if he doesn't receive an extension by the end of the 2017 season.  But as we saw after the 2010 season, even that's not guaranteed.

The reason they brought him back that year was the lockout...  Since a new coach wouldn't have any time to implement their stuff with the players.  They brought marvin back for the continuity and until last year hadn't missed the playoffs since
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if that were the Case marvin wouldn't only be getting 1 year deals... and wouldn't be entering a lame duck season again.

This.

Remember when the chronic whiners around here  were crying about how we would never ever ever part ways with Peko or Maualuga?

If we don't make the playoffs in '17 Marvin is out as HC.

If we make the playoffs and get blown out again Marvin is out as HC.

If we make the playoffs and lose at home to a team we should beat Marvin is out as HC.
Reply/Quote
I can't say anything for sure, but it's a positive sign that Marv didn't get another extension.

It's early May, so there's still time, but I'm guessing Mike wants to see a playoff appearance.

What happens in the playoffs I don't think matters nearly as much to Mike though.

So it's playoff spot or bust IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I say, too many blankets warm. Eventually, Mike is going to start looking around the league and notice that guys like Mike Zimmer steadily building a monster in Minnesota, Hue Jackson turning Cleveland around, and Jay Gruden keeping things interesting in Washington (despite dealing with a crazy owner), and realize that he should have turned the team over to one of those guys, while the roster was stacked.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eh, another mediocre season in Minnesota and I wonder how much longer Zimmer will last there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As long as MB is selling tickets he will keep Marvin in the fold! If he starts losing ticket sales and Marvin still stays he MIGHT let Marvin go!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 04:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mike Brown was 75 years old after the 2010 season and now he is 81.

He may only have anywhere from 5 to 9 years to live.

This may be his last Window of opportunity to Win in the most literal way possible.

The mindset on one's own mortality has to be much different at 81 versus 75 and this could lead him to pull the trigger on a New Coach or else "ride or die" with Marvin for real to his own end.

This kind of a Closing Window could light a Fire under anyone to Go For it with a Change while still above ground.

He may even spend more for his next and maybe last Coach.

Gotta be seeing things a little differently at age 81.  I know I would.

I think it's the opposite. He knows any season could be his last and firing Marvin means re-building which normally takes time we just got lucky in 2011.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Eh, another mediocre season in Minnesota and I wonder how much longer Zimmer will last there.

You really think so?  I mean his offense had been absolutely decimated by injuries.  This may very well be the first year he gets to field a complete offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This off season has been handled in a way that strongly suggests the whole organization feels the heat. This tiger has changed its stripes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: 2013%2F11%2F27%2F5f%2Flucyfootbal.62d47.jpg]

"No, trust me. He is totally going to be on the hot seat this time. For real."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think that 7 wins keeps him safe for at least another year.  Anything less...who knows.
Reply/Quote