Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin says it’s not his responsibility to motivate players
Well, you don’t want this. I don’t think anybody does,” Lewis said. “These guys have a lot to play for, and it’s not my responsibility to get them — as I said — to turn up the music. (We’ve got to) figure out a way to get momentum going and put good football plays together. If we got young guys in there, they’re going to have to grow up in a hurry, because we are going to play three good football teams.”

Oh, but it gets better. Lewis then turned blamed toward the referees for a bad spot on the Bengals’ first drive, which required Lewis to go out of his way to throw a challenge flag. And while he won the challenge, that delay caused by a missed call killed the Bengals’ energy on that drive.

“It started with the first third down of the game, where I’ve got to challenge a play because we can’t even get it right from the officials (smiles). So I got to waste a challenge there — it kills what was a good play and now we got to go back.”

It really wasn’t a wasted challenge at all, since the Bengals won and the challenge positively impacted them.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/12/12/16765402/marvin-lewis-not-my-responsibility-bengals-motivated-nfl-football-2017?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
This my friends is why we have never won a playoff game

I think he's getting senile in his old age.........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
[Image: OffEJTR.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Throw him in the river. Make it a city celebration. Parade him through the streets and throw him in.
Reply/Quote
What a buffoon Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 01:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Well, you don’t want this. I don’t think anybody does,” Lewis said. “These guys have a lot to play for, and it’s not my responsibility to get them — as I said — to turn up the music. (We’ve got to) figure out a way to get momentum going and put good football plays together. If we got young guys in there, they’re going to have to grow up in a hurry, because we are going to play three good football teams.”

Oh, but it gets better. Lewis then turned blamed toward the referees for a bad spot on the Bengals’ first drive, which required Lewis to go out of his way to throw a challenge flag. And while he won the challenge, that delay caused by a missed call killed the Bengals’ energy on that drive.

“It started with the first third down of the game, where I’ve got to challenge a play because we can’t even get it right from the officials (smiles). So I got to waste a challenge there — it kills what was a good play and now we got to go back.”

It really wasn’t a wasted challenge at all, since the Bengals won and the challenge positively impacted them.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/12/12/16765402/marvin-lewis-not-my-responsibility-bengals-motivated-nfl-football-2017?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Lol

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 01:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Well, you don’t want this. I don’t think anybody does,” Lewis said. “These guys have a lot to play for, and it’s not my responsibility to get them — as I said — to turn up the music. (We’ve got to) figure out a way to get momentum going and put good football plays together. If we got young guys in there, they’re going to have to grow up in a hurry, because we are going to play three good football teams.”

Lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is like the "journalist jargon" crap from last year... More evidence that this man just doesn't get it and has no business being a head coach
Reply/Quote
If motivation & scheme isn't his job, what is his job.
Reply/Quote
If motivation isn't part of his job, why's he always clapping and shouting "Let's go" on the sideline? What's that for?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:11 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If motivation & scheme isn't his job, what is his job.

To take the pr hit for ebenezer. And bring happy meals for lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Marvin, is it your job to motivate your team?

[Image: gbmMWal.gif]

Marvin, is it your job to make sure your guys are well prepared?

Marvin, is it your job to make sure schematic changes are made if they're not working?

Marvin, is it your job to ensure second half adjustments are made?

Marvin, is it your job to take responsibility for the failings of your staff?

Marvin, are you held accountable in any way by management?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:11 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If motivation & scheme isn't his job, what is his job.

He's in charge of giggles and claps.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lets be real here, if you're looking for a coach to give the old "win one for the Gipper" speech here, it doesn't work in this day and age. Not defending Lewis at all. You motivate these guys by showing them you have a set of marbles! Take some chances, put some trust in their ability. If you're always going to ***** foot and play it safe, players will too.
Reply/Quote
"We're not worried about the offensive line."
[Image: officer_barbrady.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious  This thread should seriously be stickified...

Marv is the definition of an inept coach. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Lol

Has anyone ever asked Marvin directly what he thinks his job responsibilities are?
I'm really curious to hear such a response.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lets be real here, if you're looking for a coach to give the old "win one for the Gipper" speech here, it doesn't work in this day and age.  Not defending Lewis at all. You motivate these guys by showing them you have a set of marbles! Take some chances, put some trust in their ability. If you're always going to ***** foot and play it safe, players will too.

Right,

In the very biggest of senses Marvin is correct. If professional football players need a rah rah speech every quarter to go play they're not really football players. And in no way am I taking up for Merv, I want him gone more than anybody on here !

Where he fails and the thing I hate the most about him is his ego and shirking of responsibility. How many times have you ever heard him say "it's my fault" ? - not very much !

The hoodie last night and I've seen this several times is walking around on the sidelines taking notes. You ever see Merv taking notes ? Ever see him looking at plays, pics on sidelines ? How many times have you seen passion from Merv on sidelines ? throwing a clipboard or hat ? Not that going all J. Harbaugh is the thing to do either but some passion when needed shows you care.

He benches Ross for a slobber knocker fumble but allows Peko to walk onto the field in a playoff game in his coat and didn't do a thing. There's times when messages need sent, send him to the showers and a loud clear message would have been shot across the bow.

He's learned this irresponsibility from the big boss and that's why this team has been flushed down the toilet and into a losing culture.

No responsibility, no discipline, no accountability.
Reply/Quote
A sampling of Marvin's 2nd half adjustments.

[Image: fried_putty_tat.gif]
Reply/Quote
sandwedge Wrote:Lets be real here, if you're looking for a coach to give the old "win one for the Gipper" speech here, it doesn't work in this day and age.  Not defending Lewis at all. You motivate these guys by showing them you have a set of marbles! Take some chances, put some trust in their ability. If you're always going to ***** foot and play it safe, players will too.

This. Players are supposed to be grown men and professionals, but often they don't act like it. That's where coaches come in.
Reply/Quote