Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've decided. It was Fake News!
Let's talk assistant coaches.

Who could possibly be mad about being underpaid?

Guenther would be the only one, but he is here by choice. He could have left to join Zimmer and or Gruden after 2013. He's road the wave of loyalty and mediocrity for nearly 15 years.

Everyone else would be out of the league if it wasn't for MB.

I don't buy the coaches underpaid argument. They all need fired so surely they weren't crying about being underpaid.

This is a devastating story as you can forget attracting any HC and outside assistant coaches with this rumor going around.

Either way, I can't think of any assistant coach who should be paid more. As a matte of fact, I don't see any of them outside of Guenther getting a job elsewhere.

When it comes to this, I side with Mike Brown. These assistant coaches should be bowing at his feet for his loyalty and lack of accountability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Let's talk assistant coaches.

Guenther would be the only one, but he is here by choice. He could have left to join Zimmer and or Gruden after 2013. He's road the wave of loyalty and mediocrity for nearly 15 years.

I don't buy the coaches underpaid argument. They all need fired so surely they weren't crying about being underpaid.

This is a devastating story as you can forget attracting any HC and outside assistant coaches with this rumor going around.

Either way, I can't think of any assistant coach who should be paid more. As a matte of fact, I don't see any of them outside of Guenther getting a job elsewhere.

When it comes to this, I side with Mike Brown. These assistant coaches should be bowing at his feet for his loyalty and lack of accountability.
And Mike will bring them back for peanuts.

I don't doubt that this was fake news. I just hope they don't come back. Especially Paulie........................
Reply/Quote
What is Schefter's track record? That's the real question, isn't it?

I don't think it's entirely fake. There is truth in there somewhere. Whether he's quitting or being let go, it seems to be one or the other.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Your thinking too large scale. The position coaches below the coordinators I believe is who he is referring to. We lost a couple this off season because their contracts were up and they took other opportunities. We historically deny our position coaches opportunities to interview for better jobs (position to coordinator) which is allowed but not a good look for other coaches watching from outside the organization. You appear to want to look at this in a vacuum as simply this year, but based on how we have paid head coaches towards the bottom of the pay scale for decades it doesn't surprise me we don't value talented position coaches.
Reply/Quote
It can't be anyone on the defensive staff. Outside of Guenther they'd all be out of the league if it wasn't for Mike Brown....

Same with the offense with the exception of maybe Urban.

Unless it was Marvin himself who is saying it in general, and not staff specific. But we've never had a powerhouse assistant coach staff, and the good ones we did have got jobs as HC's so they can't be too mad at their opportunity here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Under paid ... hmmm.. Let's think about that a moment.. 
Just a quick poll, how many of you are actually paid in excess of half a million bucks a year? I don't know what position coaches are paid, but it ain't no minimum wage burger flipping salary. Do coaches have a union like the players and if not then why not? 
I'm rarely going to side with ownership over labor being from good tree hugging, bleeding heart Bolshevik stock but there's usually two sides to every argument. In the case of the Bengals there doesn't seem to be an argument other than being cheep and wanting to keep every nickel , in other words the Bourgeoisie. The very same crowd working for the league it would appear, but this is never really made clear in the minds of the typical fan. Which side are position coaches on, labor or management? All the while players, who are allegedly on the side of labor almost never want to speak up on behalf of either side in this. They do occasionally, but not often. Nearly every quote from Bengals players runs the same line of 'I don't have anything to do with those decisions..' as if they're all terrified of saying what's on their minds and we as fans are left to make assumptions and try to play sidelines psychologists.. 
I suppose I could get real ambitious and dig up the information on just how these guys are paid and which side they come down on the argument of management v labor, but to be honest I really don't care as it doesn't matter one nit to me other than hoping that the current regime at the top all eat a really delicious meal laced with cyanide .
As far as "fake news" goes there is a concerted effort made by the people running the agenda that wants the public to be woefully unaware of everything going on that all news is fake news and nobody should ever trust a free press. One of the first groups attacked by despots and dictators is the press. It leaves those at the top able to dictate terms to everyone else. Keep that in mind.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Surely you're not being objective with this, huh?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

I side with Mike Brown as well...to an extent.
When it comes to current salaries, the coaches all signed contracts, so this is ultimately on them. If they felt they were underpaid at the time, they shouldn't have signed the contract.

But with that said, if it is true that Mike Brown is paying coaches a lot less than other teams or expecting his coaches to do a lot more than other teams while paying them "normal" coaching salaries, then I can see where it might be hard going forward to attract the better talent when it comes to coaching.

At the end of the day, it's each coach's career choice to sign with this team or not. If one team is willing to pay a coach better than what another team would, so be it. That's called free market. Not everything comes down to money, but in a lot of cases it does in the business world.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote