Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin seemed irritated about how we played today
Not sure if you all caught his postgame interview with Lap but he didn’t seem very pleased with the way we played today. I don’t blame him though that second half was ugly
Reply/Quote
Can you blame him? I sincerely hope no one on that team was happy with how they played overall

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was hoping they would stay with Winston because I knew Fitzy would carve this D up today, and he did.
Reply/Quote
Nah, I think he had to take Dulcolax at the half and he was just feeling it kick in during Lap's interview. Merv pissed/Merv constipated: you be the judge.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I liked the muted reaction on the sideline after Bullock made the kick. They know they should’ve played better in the second half. Marvin did seem irritated.
Reply/Quote
He should be, then he should look in the mirror.
Reply/Quote
When he saw his defense give up over 200 yards, 2 tds, and a fg in the last 17 minutes of the game...

And then wondering where his offense disappeared to up until Randy's kick...

Can't really blame him being a defensive guy himself.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis shouldn’t be irritated. He should be absolutely furious. Yes, the Bengals won today’s game and that’s great but let’s be honest: The second half was horrific. I’m over the game and looking forward to two weeks from now because the Saints are by far the best team in the NFC South this year. Beating them is never easy even if they’re the visitors. I look at Teryl Austin and his cushioned approach to pass coverage and I can see Drew Brees feasting all day.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis shouldn’t be irritated.  He should be absolutely furious.  Yes, the Bengals won today’s game and that’s great but let’s be honest:  The second half was horrific.  I’m over the game and looking forward to two weeks from now because the Saints are by far the best team in the NFC South this year.  Beating them is never easy even if they’re the visitors.  I look at Teryl Austin and his cushioned approach to pass coverage and I can see Drew Brees feasting all day.

Yes and if you add in the offense pulling it's normal 2nd half disappearing act and we'll get pummeled. We ain't going anywhere averaging like 7 second half points by the offense.
Reply/Quote
I was almost expecting him to tell a few reporters to go screw off in the postgame presser.. It was about as irritated as I think I've ever seen him after a win..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I was almost expecting him to tell a few reporters to go screw off in the postgame presser.. It was about as irritated as I think I've ever seen him after a win..

Yeah, I think he was close. "Reporters" do seem oblivious to the fact that these coaches in the NFL are part of a network that has developed over time. They know each other. Marvin got really testy over that. A female reporter asked him a good question, "After your defense gives up over 600 yards, how do you spend the bye week assessing that?"  Hilarious He looked at little relieved to finally get an intelligent question. It made him think. Like, "how do we fix this defense?" It has to be more than guys "doing their job." There's something wrong with the scheme. We're not aggressive enough. Thank god for Tannehill and Winston gifting us two games. We'd be holding holding down last place with the Browns. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: He should be, then he should look in the mirror.

Won’t happen. Why? “ It’s your team. Find a way to fix it!” :drool:

Reply/Quote
I am absolutely shocked that this pass rush hasnt gotten going yet. Geno and Dunlap played ok but Hubbard was out there stuck in the mud all day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It was crazy though I’ve never heard him sound the irritated and ticked off towards someone like Lap. I expect that they will be chewed out
Reply/Quote
I think any time a team almost gives away a game they were leading by 21 at the half, the coach will be frustrated.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am absolutely shocked that this pass rush hasnt gotten going yet. Geno and Dunlap played ok but Hubbard was out there stuck in the mud all day.

I thought hubbard played well.
Reply/Quote
I've been irritated about how he's coached the last 16 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am absolutely shocked that this pass rush hasnt gotten going yet. Geno and Dunlap played ok but Hubbard was out there stuck in the mud all day.

To be fair the d-line had 4.5 sacks, with Evans getting 1.5. And Hubbard had a sack himself while also causing one of the intros. Like above, thought Hubbard had a pretty decent game overall.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:57 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I thought hubbard played well.

He did. Had a sack, and caused one of the turnovers.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've been irritated about how he's coached the last 16 years.

Ha... Pretty much this. Also it bothers me when the coordinators are up in the booth for some reason. Maybe just got a bad taste from bratkowski.
Reply/Quote