Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin seemed irritated about how we played today
He seemed overwhelmed before Bullock took the game winner.

I saw him take a deep breath and close his eyes for a good minute.

Probably frustrated that it came down to that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was hoping they would stay with Winston because I knew Fitzy would carve this D up today, and he did.

Good thing they didn't bring in sooner or the Bengals would likely be 4-4.
Reply/Quote
He should be, they about gave it away. Having said that, we've all seen this team implode during a game like today. They don't really do that this season, sans the Pitt game. I guess it's best if we get the ball last. Dalton has really stepped up his game in situations like today. He looks automatic.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm feeling more and more like the D issues are schematic and technique more than player related. The poor tackling seems to center around not wrapping up and using leverage correctly. The constant blown coverages and TEs and RBs running wide open I think go to our secondary being in zone far too much when all of them are much better playing in press man schemes.
Reply/Quote
I was at the game and Hubbard had a really good day. Not sure how anyone can say he didn't have a good game.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am absolutely shocked that this pass rush hasnt gotten going yet. Geno and Dunlap played ok but Hubbard was out there stuck in the mud all day.

Our front four are pathetically inept at using their hands...once ANY lineman gets their hands on our guys, it is over.  And that can last about 5-6 seconds until the QB finally gets rid of the ball.  

Where is Geno Atkins?  Is he injured?  Watching Aaron Donald destroy GB yesterday....we used to say Atkins was better.  
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be fair the d-line had 4.5 sacks, with Evans getting 1.5. And Hubbard had a sack himself while also causing one of the intros. Like above, thought Hubbard had a pretty decent game overall.

If you noticed, we would have had even more sacks, where the D went in and Winston kind of side stepped out of the arm tackle. That's because of the new rules, the defensive players are having to go past the QB and wrap him with their arms instead of hitting them straight on and then inadvertently landing on them. I hate this new rule about putting red shirts on QBs. It's ruining the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He seemed overwhelmed before Bullock took the game winner.

I saw him take a deep breath and close his eyes for a good minute.

Probably frustrated that it came down to that.

I think that had a lot to do with the fact that there were no gimme kicks in the swirling winds yesterday.... and, that said, how 'bout that Fat Randy? He's done just a tremendous job for us this year, while most other kickers have struggled. (He also lloks to have either lost weight or got a bigger jersey....)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If you noticed, we would have had even more sacks, where the D went in and Winston kind of side stepped out of the arm tackle. That's because of the new rules, the defensive players are having to go past the QB and wrap him with their arms instead of hitting them straight on and then inadvertently landing on them. I hate this new rule about putting red shirts on QBs. It's ruining the game.

Thats just something they have to practice. I was watching the Packers-Rams game, and Goff took a direct hit. But right when he and the defensive guy was about to hit the ground, the d-guy let up and braced himself not allowing his body weight to fall on him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: He should be, they about gave it away. Having said that, we've all seen this team implode during a game like today. They don't really do that this season, sans the Pitt game. I guess it's best if we get the ball last. Dalton has really stepped up his game in situations like today. He looks automatic.

This team doesn't know how to handle success/close games out. We go up by two TD's and the offense goes out to lunch. In the 3rd qtr. we average 2.5 points.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Our front four are pathetically inept at using their hands...once ANY lineman gets their hands on our guys, it is over.  And that can last about 5-6 seconds until the QB finally gets rid of the ball.  

Where is Geno Atkins?  Is he injured?  Watching Aaron Donald destroy GB yesterday....we used to say Atkins was better.  

Was Donald double teamed?  Most teams know Geno and rarely does he get less than double teamed.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This team doesn't know how to handle success/close games out. We go up by two TD's and the offense goes out to lunch. In the 3rd qtr. we average 2.5 points.

They have had success of late if they get the ball last, down by only one score, and with enough time on the clock.
Reply/Quote