Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin should have fired himself!
Marvin is the majority of the problem here. His firing of Zampese is a COA kinda thing. Not going to do anything but maybe put a flicker in a burned out candle. Saw this vid on ESPN and thought it was worth a share. Must say I agree with the guy!

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20711890

[Image: clip?id=20711890]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marive is the majority of the problem here. His firing of Zampese is a COA kinda thing. Not going to do anything but maybe put a flicker in a burned out candle. Say this vid on ESPN and thought it was worth a share. Must say I agree with the guy!

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20711890

[Image: clip?id=20711890]

Damn, I wish!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Stephen A Smith is a jack a*^ but I have to agree with his Marvin Lewis rants over the years.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Stephen A Smith is a jack a*^ but I have to agree with his Marvin Lewis rants over the years.

Totally agree. His Al Sharpton'ess is not needed in the NFL. However, when he's preaching to fire Marvin? I'ma fuggin member of that congregation! 

Edit: I think I even heard a few AMENS!

Reply/Quote
We can't get away from the truth we don't want to admit. No matter if it's all Mikey or some Katie, there is no accountability. Improvement isn't rewarded enough, you have a number to go get as a FA or you walk. Failure isn't punished but excused.

Marin can go, we can get our miracle in say Gruden getting 100 percent control and if he fields an annual 7-9 team were stuck another 20yrs. Collinsworth annoys me but was correct in that "if Cinco drafts you high you WILL play". There are exceptions, but weaknesses are supposed to "do their job" and there is no backup plan. Heck if I would have got my FA RT, you wouldn't have to bank on mediocrity and maybe Andy could take a breath. Not the best choice of words but though he was bad, the plan can't be for him to make a read at the snap and throw or bail in a second...that's playing scared for anyone short of like 3 QBs in the league.

Even if the braintrust hands over control, if there is accountability at the top....you have it players in the locker room talking about it in week 2.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis needed to be gone a long time ago.

He should have been fired after 2006 but understand why he wasn't.
He should have been fired after 2010
He should have been fired after the playoff loss to the Chargers
He should have been fired after the playoff loss to the Steelers
He should have been fired after last year
He should be fired after this year

Marvin Lewis does not belong in the NFL. I'm sure he has enough money saved up to live quietly for the rest of his life. Just quit already...please...leave Cincinnati alone.

Seriously, I think Marvin Lewis is a plant by the Pittsburgh Steelers to keep the Bengals bad.

Firing the OC isn't going to fix the Bengals. The only thing that will fix the Bengals is a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and ownership staying out of football. Ownership just needs to sign the checks and stay out of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Marvin Lewis needed to be gone a long time ago.

Marvin Lewis does not belong in the NFL. I'm sure he has enough money saved up to live quietly for the rest of his life. Just quit already...please...leave Cincinnati alone.

Seriously, I think Marvin Lewis is a plant by the Pittsburgh Steelers to keep the Bengals bad.

Firing the OC isn't going to fix the Bengals. The only thing that will fix the Bengals is a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and ownership staying out of football. Ownership just needs to sign the checks and stay out of it.

[Image: 1386746119144.jpg]
[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...9633793581]

Reply/Quote
At the end of every season for the last 3 or 4 years I've thought surely Marvin is gonna say to himself "just isn't meant to be, I'm gonna call it a career at Cincinnati".

But then reality hits and I think would I walk away from a job making 4.5 million with zero accountability or responsibility ? Would I really care about my legacy while rolling in millions of $$$$$$$$ ?

I would still think there's a limit to his tolerance of being the joke HC of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: At the end of every season for the last 3 or 4 years I've thought surely Marvin is gonna say to himself "just isn't meant to be, I'm gonna call it a career at Cincinnati".

But then reality hits and I think would I walk away from a job making 4.5 million with zero accountability or responsibility ? Would I really care about my legacy while rolling in millions of $$$$$$$$ ?

I would still think there's a limit to his tolerance of being the joke HC of the NFL.

That's the thing though, both Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown thinks they are doing what's best for this team and that they are doing everything they can to win a Super Bowl. They both think they are doing it the right way, the Paul Brown way when in fact they continue to try and screw a left thread bolt into a right threaded nut. They can not figure out why the bolt isn't going into that nut. They turn and turn that bolt and it won't go in then they feel it drop just a little when the threads make a complet rotation and think, "FINALLY SOME PROGRESS!" only to be disappointed when the threads don't catch.

It's MADDENING!

EDIT: Do you know who does it the Paul Brown way?

Bill Belichick does it the Paul Brown way. When he coached in Cleveland he said he talked with Jim Brown constantly on how Paul Brown ran things. Bill Belichick took that information and tweaked it towards today's game and look where he is now...most likely will be the greatest coach to ever coach the game.

DRIVES ME NUTS! Now I'm getting pissed.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 1386746119144.jpg]

Which reminds me. Alot of the commentators remind me of WWE. Why are they always shouting? I got a migraine listening to those guys before and after the game last night. Especially Irvin. 
[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...9633793581]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:14 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That's the thing though, both Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown thinks they are doing what's best for this team and that they are doing everything they can to win a Super Bowl. They both think they are doing it the right way, the Paul Brown way when in fact they continue to try and screw a left thread bolt into a right threaded nut. They can not figure out why the bolt isn't going into that nut. They turn and turn that bolt and it won't go in then they feel it drop just a little when the threads make a complet rotation and think, "FINALLY SOME PROGRESS!" only to be disappointed when the threads don't catch.

It's MADDENING!

Bill Belichick does it the Paul Brown way. When he coached in Cleveland he said he talked with Jim Brown constantly on how Paul Brown ran things. Bill Belichick took that information and tweaked it towards today's game and look where he is now...most likely will be the greatest coach to ever coach the game.

Here's the thing, though.  Mike inherited a team from his Dad, who was an owner in the pre-free agency days (modern free agency).  A time when the owners literally had all control.  I really think that is the main reason that Mike Brown objects to using free agency as a team building tool.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:14 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That's the thing though, both Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown thinks they are doing what's best for this team and that they are doing everything they can to win a Super Bowl. They both think they are doing it the right way, the Paul Brown way when in fact they continue to try and screw a left thread bolt into a right threaded nut. They can not figure out why the bolt isn't going into that nut. They turn and turn that bolt and it won't go in then they feel it drop just a little when the threads make a complet rotation and think, "FINALLY SOME PROGRESS!" only to be disappointed when the threads don't catch.

It's MADDENING!

Depressing huh ?

How long will we continue to be tortured watching the M&M show ?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing, though.  Mike inherited a team from his Dad, who was an owner in the pre-free agency days (modern free agency).  A time when the owners literally had all control.  I really think that is the main reason that Mike Brown objects to using free agency as a team building tool.

Agree,

And Mike has said himself he watched how severely being fired by Modell affected his dad. Which is the main reason he basically refuses to fire anybody, I do believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Marvin Lewis needed to be gone a long time ago.

Marvin is like a 15 year old can of tuna that's been sitting in the back of the cupboard - time to restock the pantry or else they'll be tarping over sections of the upper decks in shame.

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg?w=1&h=594&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
14 years without a playoff win, how does he survive. If there's no discipline from above, there's no discipline below.

I originally typed 14 tears without a playoff win, freudian slip.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 08:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 14 years without a playoff win, how does he survive. If there's no discipline from above, there's no discipline below.

I originally typed 14 tears without a playoff win, freudian slip.

Fitting.

Reply/Quote