Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin speaks out on Mixons request for carries...
What a joke.

Quote:“You should show maturity just like everybody else,” Lewis said, via the team’s website. “Everybody wants to be out there all the time. But we’re not going to create a run when we are down by 12 or 15. We’re not going to create it. I saw a ball go on the ground when he received two balls thrown to him, which are the same situation. We got to handle it all the time the correct way, and be strong enough to not be led into questions after the game, which unfortunately he doesn’t know enough about.”

Lol, he really, really has the nerve to talk about fumbling... THEN PUT JEREMY HILL IN!! Shocked
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only thing I'm interested in hearing Marvin Lewis say is......... Goodbye
Reply/Quote
God I hate Marvin. I'm glad Jeremy called out the coaching staff. He is the knly bsck that produced with a great YPC. Not only that but he worked hard for those yards. He made a cutback and took off for a nice gain that undoubtedly woulda have gone for a yard if it were Jeremy Hill. Down 12 in the 3rd there was no reason to abandon the run. Once we went pass happy their D feasted on our shit o-line.

I just don't get Marvin. Saying Jeremy should not be led into questions....what!?! Don't be mad that Jeremy called out the staff for stupid decision making. The only teuky negative play I saw him make was a very poor effort on a pass block.
Reply/Quote
It was 20-14 coming out of halftime with the Bengals receiving the ball.

Game was not out of hand where Bengals could not run anymore like Marvin claims.

Even when steelers did score it was only 3.

Think Mixon is righ t but may have went about it the wrong way.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was 20-14 coming out of halftime with the Bengals receiving the ball.

Game was not out of hand where Bengals could not run anymore like Marvin claims.

Even when steelers did score it was only 3.

Think Mixon is righ t but may have went about it the wrong way.

This^

I can’t blame Marvin for not liking his rookie RB saying that to the media. I don’t like it either, even though he is 100% right
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The only thing I'm interested in hearing Marvin Lewis say is......... Goodbye

Dilly dilly!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The real issue is that somehow we got stuck in a 'run by committee' mindset, when really having a feature back is the way to go in the current NFL.

We drafted a feature back in Gio, he should have been THE guy.

But then Hill made a case for himself as THE guy.

Then we really mucked things up by drafting another THE guy from Oklahoma.

We should have stuck with Gio, used the Hill/Mixon picks on other pieces and found RB's in free agency to back up Gio.

Our biggest mistake was not buying in on Gio who is a once in a lifetime player.

Oh well! Sometimes I hope Gio gets a chance like Sproles and wows people for another team, because we aint giving him the opportunity to here.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The real issue is that somehow we got stuck in a 'run by committee' mindset, when really having a feature back is the way to go in the current NFL.

We should have stuck with Gio, used the Hill/Mixon picks on other pieces and found RB's in free agency to back up Gio.

Our biggest mistake was not buying in on Gio who is a once in a lifetime player.

Oh well! Sometimes I hope Gio gets a chance like Sproles and wows people for another team, because we aint giving him the opportunity to here.

Let’s be honest, Gio is not some bell cow. He’s a great COP and receiving RB.
Mixon and Gio should be used like Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This^

I can’t blame Marvin for not liking his rookie RB saying that to the media. I don’t like it either, even though he is 100% right

I don't think it was a case of Mixon spouting off his disagreement with the playcalling, so much as it was an answer to a reporter's question.   In other words he wasn't trying to make a scene, just accomodating the press...which ALWAYS goes well, doncha know.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The only thing I'm interested in hearing Marvin Lewis say is......... Goodbye

Don’t even want to hear goodbye. Disappear under the cover of night and never return, please.
Reply/Quote

Believe it or not...outside of this forum Marvin Lewis has more respect in the NFL than a 21 year old rookie that is only a couple years from knocking a girl out in a club.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It is beyond clear that Marvin's intention is to burn as many bridges as possible before his inevitable demise as a HC. Flame on Marvin ya douche.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it or not...outside of this forum Marvin Lewis has more respect in the NFL than a 21 year old rookie that is only a couple years from knocking a girl out in a club.

Now if we could only get him to do the same to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it or not...outside of this forum Marvin Lewis has more respect in the NFL than a 21 year old rookie that is only a couple years from knocking a girl out in a club.

Wow aren't you a Marvin defender. So what if he's respected in the league for being a coach,doesn't mean he's good at his job or right. 
Reply/Quote
I wholly approve of Marv's comments here actually.  STFU and play well if you're paid like that.  The woman puncher has not been very good at all.  Whine about the line all you want, but Gio has outperformed him in every way and yet has fewer carries on the year.  I honestly do not believe that Mixon has the brains for the NFL after watching him for 6 games.  He'll bust imo.
Reply/Quote
Marv doing what he does best.

Take all competitive fire out of his players.

That is why i want him gone mid season. The longer he is around our young guys the more his loser ways will rub off.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The real issue is that somehow we got stuck in a 'run by committee' mindset, when really having a feature back is the way to go in the current NFL.

You seriously think Gio is once in a lifetime player?? Have you seen him actually try to run between the tackles?? He can’t handle 20 carries a game he wouldn’t make it a quarter of the season. What games are you watching?
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 05:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I wholly approve of Marv's comments here actually.  STFU and play well if you're paid like that.  The woman puncher has not been very good at all.  Whine about the line all you want, but Gio has outperformed him in every way and yet has fewer carries on the year.  I honestly do not believe that Mixon has the brains for the NFL after watching him for 6 games.  He'll bust imo.

Actually, I don't mind the comments as much as the reasoning behind them. He went away from Mixon because "he put the ball on the ground", then proceeds to put Jeremy "fumble us out of the playoffs" Hill in? I just understand how you can punish these rookies this hard, but the Vets are like "meh, whatever". 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:09 AM)BernLock Wrote: You seriously think Gio is once in a lifetime player?? Have you seen him actually try to run between the tackles?? He can’t handle 20 carries a game he wouldn’t make it a quarter of the season. What games are you watching?

Seriously, I like Gio, but "once in a lifetime player?" 

[Image: 735.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously, I like Gio, but "once in a lifetime player?" 

[Image: 735.gif]

I guess it depends on who's lifetime you're talking about. It certainly isn't my lifetime and probably not even my 1 year old granddaughter's lifetime..
Hey, drop by your local hospital's maternity ward. Maybe you'll find a lifetime there to fit the narrative. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote