Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin speaks out on Mixons request for carries...
As much as I like to rag on Marvin, you DO have to admit that we are a little too quick to declare some guy on our bench being put on the field is going to be the answer to our problems. Mixon was looking good in the limited touches against Pittsburgh, but he did fumble and if he is a step back in the blocking game we can't afford to just have him out there all the time.

Yes, he should have had more than 0 touches in the 2nd half, but let's scale back the insanity a bit. This is one of those things that will eventually work itself out much like the whole "ERMAGEHRD WE NEED TO RUN HILL MORE!!!!! HE IS TEH BEST RB EVAARRRR" narrative we screamed for 2 years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we please please PLEASE get a new head coach next year?

I'm tired of listening to this asshat talk nonsense each week.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Can we please please PLEASE get a new head coach next year?

I'm tired of listening to this asshat talk nonsense each week.

I think this team needs a new HC, but what did Marvin say that was so nonsensical?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dilly dilly!

I both hate that commercial and laugh everytime it comes on. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:33 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Actually, I don't mind the comments as much as the reasoning behind them. He went away from Mixon because "he put the ball on the ground", then proceeds to put Jeremy "fumble us out of the playoffs" Hill in? I just understand how you can punish these rookies this hard, but the Vets are like "meh, whatever". 

This. Right. Here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I both hate that commercial and laugh everytime it comes on. LOL

That commercial is pure advertising nonsense at it's best.  How dare you offer anything but watery, overpriced, crappy American beer?  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That commercial is pure advertising nonsense at it's best.  How dare you offer anything but watery, overpriced, crappy American beer?  

Dilly dilly!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think this team needs a new HC, but what did Marvin say that was so nonsensical?

Mixon, for all intents and purposes, said "I don't know why, when I ran well in the first half, I don't get a single carry in the second half. This seems like a bad use of your talented players. We want to win, right?"

And Marvin's response was, basically, "We're not going to run the ball when we're down 15 points, rookie. Shut your stupid mouth."

Which was entirely missing the point of what Mixon was trying to convey. He's 100% right that it makes no sense that you would sit the hot hand.

They were only down 6 points going into half time, so it's not like they started the half down 15 points. And even when you're behind you have to run occasionally! 15 points down is not so back breaking that you should abandon the run completely. And down 6 points is definitely nowhere near "abandon the run" territory.

His response was a non-answer. A condescending "know your place" response rather than a proper address of the words/sentiments Mixon conveyed.

Basically, the worst response possible.
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is, that when you are down, you have to go to the passing game to catch up......BUT....only if the passing game is working. If your passing game is 3 and out each and every time, might as well run it up the gut and see what you can make happen that way........Dumb*** ML!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe it or not...outside of this forum Marvin Lewis has more respect in the NFL than a 21 year old rookie that is only a couple years from knocking a girl out in a club restaurant.

FIFY
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well Mixon has set himself up for this....when  he gets the ball from now on he better be able to produce some yardage.....
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom line is, that when you are down, you have to go to the passing game to catch up......BUT....only if the passing game is working. If your passing game is 3 and out each and every time, might as well run it up the gut and see what you can make happen that way........Dumb*** ML!!!

Top receiver - AJ Green with 41 yards
Top rusher - Joe Mixon with 48 yards

The running game was faring better than the passing game. It shouldn't have been abandoned so early.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Top receiver - AJ Green with 41 yards
Top rusher - Joe Mixon with 48 yards

The running game was faring better than the passing game. It shouldn't have been abandoned so early.

That's my point. Mervin basically said he had to go to a passing game because they were down. Well the passing game was not there, so it's a stupid move.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my point. Mervin basically said he had to go to a passing game because they were down. Well the passing game was not there, so it's a stupid move.

.....and the passing game isn't there because no one respects our run game.  It's a vicious cycle.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 09:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As much as I like to rag on Marvin, you DO have to admit that we are a little too quick to declare some guy on our bench being put on the field is going to be the answer to our problems.  Mixon was looking good in the limited touches against Pittsburgh, but he did fumble and if he is a step back in the blocking game we can't afford to just have him out there all the time.

Yes, he should have had more than 0 touches in the 2nd half, but let's scale back the insanity a bit.  This is one of those things that will eventually work itself out much like the whole "ERMAGEHRD WE NEED TO RUN HILL MORE!!!!!  HE IS TEH BEST RB EVAARRRR" narrative we screamed for 2 years ago.

I don't think many people are pegging Mixon as the answer to all our problems, but you also can' trot out Hill and act like that's a better option to win the game. Then proceed to bench him because he made some mistakes, but you won't do that for an under-performing vet (cough, bodine, cough)?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:57 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't think many people are pegging Mixon as the answer to all our problems, but you also can' trot out Hill and act like that's a better option to win the game. Then proceed to bench him because he made some mistakes, but you won't do that for an under-performing vet (cough, bodine, cough)?

I'll say that Marvin was right when he said Mixon was too easily baited into sharing what seems like a very me-first opinion that sows the seeds of doubt and dischord.  With that being said, we aren't winning, so expecting people to fall in line and not question the plan is also pretty stupid.

Mixion sure seems like he's advancing down the path of being Bungalized in a hurry, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 01:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll say that Marvin was right when he said Mixon was too easily baited into sharing what seems like a very me-first opinion that sows the seeds of doubt and dischord.  With that being said, we aren't winning, so expecting people to fall in line and not question the plan is also pretty stupid.

Mixion sure seems like he's advancing down the path of being Bungalized in a hurry, though.

Yeah, totally get the part about how Mixon should of handled this differently. Wasn't really addressing that, as I think Marv was in the right for shaming him. But be consistent with it. Don't go "popping off at the mouth" at your rookie but not everyone else who isn't "doing it the correct way all the time". 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The only thing I'm interested in hearing Marvin Lewis say is......... Goodbye

Yep, Marv just needs to shut the F-- up or say goodbye. He's lost a lot of credibility the last two years.

Reply/Quote
I'm not very tech savvy and have no clue how to copy and paste tweets so I'll just do this the old fashion way:

Katherine Terrell tweet on Mixons playing time:

"Bill Lazor on the same question: I don't have any answer. Playing time typically goes to Marvin."

Well... There ya go. Playing time "typically goes to Marvin". I, for one, am shocked Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my point. Mervin basically said he had to go to a passing game because they were down. Well the passing game was not there, so it's a stupid move.

(10-25-2017, 12:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and the passing game isn't there because no one respects our run game.  It's a vicious cycle.

BINGO !

Marvin sat Ross after a fumble damn near every player in the NFL would have fumbled on. Now he sits Mixon because of a fumble he recovered himself ?

To hell with the game and the season I'm gonna teach this dude a lesson ! 

Who cares of Peko walks out on the field in his coat during a playoff game ? Who cares if Bodine gets blowed up every other play ? Who cares if neither one of out Tackles can block ? 
Reply/Quote