Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks Bengals have the ability to win Super Bowl
That does seem to have more character and emotion than the usual Marvin soundbites. Maybe he did a personal inventory and was reinvigorated.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 11:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Last year at this time I had a feeling of dread — and I wasn’t wrong.

This year, as Marvin said, the Bengals have addressed every weakness from 2017, especially the offensive line.   Would you have ever imagined Paul Alexander would be shown the door?  I sure couldn’t.  It means Marvin finally has the decision making power he’s always needed.

Huge move moving on from PA no question FIK. Had the same feeling last year before the season.

Tried to stay positive, it was just painstakingly hard.

This year the entire team seems to be exuding confidence, even Marv. He had none of this last year.
Reply/Quote
There were somethings in that article that were eye opening, confirming what we all thought or knew. MB doesn't like change! It takes to long for new ways to work, he's in win mode now... It took him 30 some years to figure this out? As for Merv, talking about winning a SB is totally out of the norm..
Reply/Quote
Has one stopped to let him know that you have to win you're first PO game before you can advance? Or that had he was also a hail mary pass and int return from being 8-8 if those other games he mentioned did happen? There's a difference from wanting one and knowing how to win one.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I seriously hate hearing him talk anymore.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Has one stopped to let him know that you have to win you're first PO game before you can advance? Or that had he was also a hail mary pass and int return from being 8-8 if those other games he mentioned did happen? There's a difference from wanting one and knowing how to win one.

Well nothing says you have to win a playoff game last year or the one before the be successful this year.

Absolutely nothing wrong with A Coaching believing in his team...

What do you want marvin to say... I think we have a great chance to be 4-12 this season
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 11:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Last year at this time I had a feeling of dread — and I wasn’t wrong.

This year, as Marvin said, the Bengals have addressed every weakness from 2017, especially the offensive line.   Would you have ever imagined Paul Alexander would be shown the door?  I sure couldn’t.  It means Marvin finally has the decision making power he’s always needed.

(07-25-2018, 12:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Huge move moving on from PA no question FIK. Had the same feeling last year before the season.

Tried to stay positive, it was just painstakingly hard.

This year the entire team seems to be exuding confidence, even Marv. He had none of this last year.

Oh I get it, and agree. This has been a different offseason than your regular Mike and Marvin one from years past. My question is how much will this change translate into on field wins and ultimately playoff success ?

I'm just not willing to jump off a cliff screaming Super Bowl here we come, just yet. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 02:22 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.

Ditto.  This is the reality.  Even when things are 'poised' for this to happen, it seems like a key injury, turnover, or temper tantrum ALWAYS takes them out of the race!  Sad but true.  

Will be hoping for the best, but, as always, expecting the worst.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I get it, and agree. This has been a different offseason than your regular Mike and Marvin one from years past. My question is how much will this change translate into on field wins and ultimately playoff success ?

I'm just not willing to jump off a cliff screaming Super Bowl here we come, just yet. 

Me neither, there are still questions about the right side of the Line. But with Pollack coaching these guys up it might
not be that bad. Plus there are ways to get the best players on the field if we are willing to move some guys around.

We have a few guys that are proven who could both play RT if Fisher, Hart, Redmond, Perkins or Taylor are not the
answer. Both Glenn and Boling could play RT.

But with Marv's playoff record cannot blame anyone for doubting us once we get to the Playoffs. It is sad.

We do win a lot of regular season games under him though.
Reply/Quote
Hell,every coach in the NFL, believes their team has the ability to win the Super Bowl! Does he know something we don't? I can see them going 7-9 this season, after that who knows?
Reply/Quote

This year, as Marvin said, the Bengals have addressed every weakness from 2017, especially the offensive line. Would you have ever imagined Paul Alexander would be shown the door? I sure couldn’t. It means Marvin finally has the decision making power he’s always needed.

I disagree about addressing “every” weakness, at least adequately. RT was very much a weakness. Adding Bobby Hart and hoping Fisher and/or Ogbuehi takes that next step in development is a gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:46 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Hell,every coach in the NFL, believes their team has the ability to win the Super Bowl! Does he know something we don't? I can see them going 7-9 this season, after that who knows?

That's my prediction 7-9, missing the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree about addressing “every” weakness, at least adequately. RT was very much a weakness. Adding Bobby Hart and hoping Fisher and/or Ogbuehi takes that next step in development is a gamble.

I agree. Adding someone you hope is just adequate enough is not really improving a position. That is the old way of Bengal thinking...
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well nothing says you have to win a playoff game last year or the one before the be successful this year.

Absolutely nothing wrong with A Coaching believing in his team...

What do you want marvin to say...  I think we have a great chance to be 4-12 this season

I don't think it would be "successful", but it would be a huge step in the right direction. 

I don't have a problem with him believing, it's his "who gives a shit about a single PO victory" smugness that irritates me. He could of easily left that part out if it wasn't that important. Clearly it's hanging over his (and all our) heads like a dark cloud. Own it. Love that he wants to win a SB. But it's time to eventually start making those strides.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:46 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Hell,every coach in the NFL, believes their team has the ability to win the Super Bowl! Does he know something we don't? I can see them going 7-9 this season, after that who knows?

(07-25-2018, 01:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's my prediction 7-9, missing the playoffs.

Only if both Glenn and Price get injured would this happen IMO.

If they play the majority of the season we should win more games then last year.
Reply/Quote
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU SHAKE with that fabulous sig of giggles?

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree about addressing “every” weakness, at least adequately. RT was very much a weakness. Adding Bobby Hart and hoping Fisher and/or Ogbuehi takes that next step in development is a gamble.

I'm with ya ocho

Yes they made a couple unbengal like moves, which was great ! But did they do enough ?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't think it would be "successful", but it would be a huge step in the right direction. 

I don't have a problem with him believing, it's his "who gives a shit about a single PO victory" smugness that irritates me. He could of easily left that part out if it wasn't that important. Clearly it's hanging over his (and all our) heads like a dark cloud. Own it. Love that he wants to win a SB. But it's time to eventually start making those strides.

Well clearly dude if you cant read in between the lines Winning a SB would also include winning a few playoff games on the way.  This franchise needs a Superbowl victory...

The fans just want a playoff victory.     But one can lead to the next
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 06:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well clearly dude if you cant read in between the lines Winning a SB would also include winning a few playoff games on the way.  This franchise needs a Superbowl victory...

The fans just want a playoff victory.     But one can lead to the next

Good one dude. So help me read between the lines on why “he doesn’t care about winning one playoff game”, when, in fact, you have to win one PO game to advance? And then act talk down to me because he’s talking in some lame, contradicting manne. He clearly cares about winning one playoff game. Why the heck wouldn’t he? It’s a step closer. Makes no sense to say that. But rock on, dude ?
Reply/Quote
You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run. The Bengals normally have a bend but don’t break D but their own run game has been bad. It seems like the run game should be much better, that makes coaching so much easier.
Reply/Quote