Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin to Broadcast Booth for AAF
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marvin-lewis-headed-broadcast-booth-alliance-american-football-game-165533143.html

I actually think he'll be quite good and I'm excited for him.

First game Sunday Night. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marvin-lewis-headed-broadcast-booth-alliance-american-football-game-165533143.html

First game Sunday Night. 

I'm actually in the opposite side, I think he lacks the skills to relate to viewers mainly because of how he tended to view fans while here. I'm not sure we will get anything earth shattering from him, but who knows maybe this will be his calling. 
Reply/Quote
My friends and I have already jokingly picked out teams to be "super big fans, totally" for this AAF thing. I'm on the Salt Lake Stallions wagon. They're the best. They're totally gonna win whatever their championship game/trophy is called!

I think Zach Mettenberger is their QB....yikes!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My friends and I have already jokingly picked out teams to be "super big fans, totally" for this AAF thing.  I'm on the Salt Lake Stallions wagon.  They're the best.  They're totally gonna win whatever their championship game/trophy is called!

Didn't he pass through here for a cup of coffee on our PS last year?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wish him all the best.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I live in Gainesville, UF fan and grad. Steven Orr Spurrier is coaching the Orlando Apollos, so I’m a huge fan. Huge.

Reply/Quote
He doesn't seem to have the personality for it but who knows.

The big thing is I never have to see his blank, defeated stare on our sidelines ever again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:29 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't he pass through here for a cup of coffee on our PS last year?

Maybe...I remember him being on the Steelers for a bit.  Lordy, if the AAF is this bad I have to wonder what kind of players will be in the XFL if it actually starts up.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marvin-lewis-headed-broadcast-booth-alliance-american-football-game-165533143.html

First game Sunday Night. 

Marv just doesn't seem to be the type to be good announcer. Too meh...

Wanting to watch this AAF though, sounds interesting and the more football the better.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv just doesn't seem to be the type to be good announcer. Too meh...

Wanting to watch this AAF though, sounds interesting and the more football the better.

Yeah, I don't understand much of the pre-angst. There are some compelling players and interesting coaches (Spurrier & Stoops, among others). Might be fun. If it stinks, no one is any worse for it. 

Reply/Quote
Go Memphis! Tongue
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My friends and I have already jokingly picked out teams to be "super big fans, totally" for this AAF thing.  I'm on the Salt Lake Stallions wagon.  They're the best.  They're totally gonna win whatever their championship game/trophy is called!

I like their colors.  I got nothing else.

(02-08-2019, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: He doesn't seem to have the personality for it but who knows.

The big thing is I never have to see his blank, defeated stare on our sidelines ever again.

Yeah, that's what's such a head-scratcher.  I mean, I get that Merv buys you some NFL cred, but personality is the name of the game.  Think of what Romo brings to the booth.  Hell, even a Jim Nance.  Merv seems about six light years removed from that.  

Meh, maybe he'll prove me wrong.  If that's what he wants to do, good luck to him.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: The big thing is I never have to see his blank, defeated stare on our sidelines ever again.

All the great coaches don't have that defeated stare when they're losing.

[Image: Tomlin-Shocked2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I like their colors.  I got nothing else.

Yeah, that's what's such a head-scratcher.  I mean, I get that Merv buys you some NFL cred, but personality is the name of the game.  Think of what Romo brings to the booth.  Hell, even a Jim Nance.  Merv seems about six light years removed from that.  

Meh, maybe he'll prove me wrong.  If that's what he wants to do, good luck to him.  

Maybe he'll show a different side of himself, a more personable side, the side that all the people who say what a great guy he is see, the side we've never seen.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I like their colors.  I got nothing else.

Romo has reset the bar for analysts in the booth.  Everybody else pales by comparison.  I'm trying to picture Marv calling out the plays before they happen and I'm drawing a blank.

Reply/Quote
Merv seems a little...um...low-key.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm actually in the opposite side, I think he lacks the skills to relate to viewers mainly because of how he tended to view fans while here. I'm not sure we will get anything earth shattering from him, but who knows maybe this will be his calling. 

Watching it now. I don't think it's an issue with knowledge or relating. He's just soooooooo droll and boring. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 04:29 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't he pass through here for a cup of coffee on our PS last year?

Mettenberger was a guy a lot of fans wanted drafted a while back and i believe he went to the Titans...at least he played for them for a while. 

The Bengals guy is Christian Hackenberg. He played earlier today for Memphis. Didn't look too great in the time i was watching it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Watching it now. I don't think it's an issue with knowledge or relating. He's just soooooooo droll and boring. 

He's using the same tone he would when he was doing the tape segment with Dan and Lap on Bengals Weekly.  

They just called him Romo for anticipating the 2-point play  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 10:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He's using the same tone he would when he was doing the tape segment with Dan and Lap on Bengals Weekly.  

They just called him Romo for anticipating the 2-point play  Smirk

Omg. I'm glad i ran upstairs and missed it so i wouldn't have to clean up any puke. Even if it was tongue-in-cheek...

Reply/Quote